FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How Does Solo Bonus Factor into GS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireFlowerPower  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: How Does Solo Bonus Factor into GS? Reply with quote

And is it just a myth that the rating of the solo (awesome, perfect, solid) actually affects the amount of points to GS a song?

Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the solo bonus for a perfect solo is literally added to the GS cutoff in Rock Band 3, making it only work against you instead of in your favor like in the previous games. As far as I know, songs with extremely long solos like Free Bird aren't even possible to gold star without FCing the solo.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
FireFlowerPower  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected something like that. Is there anything anyone knows for sure about? There should be some easy ways to test it I think.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchupyoshi wrote:
I think the solo bonus for a perfect solo is literally added to the GS cutoff in Rock Band 3, making it only work against you instead of in your favor like in the previous games. As far as I know, songs with extremely long solos like Free Bird aren't even possible to gold star without FCing the solo.

No, I'm pretty sure songs like that can be GS'd without FCing the solo, but you CANNOT do any worse than, like, 97% or something. Maybe even only 1-2 misses in the entire solo. Suffice to say, you have VERY LITTLE room for error.

I am fairly positive that the solo rating (outside of a perfect, as that does affect the GS cutoff) has not effects on the GS cutoff, though

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: