FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Properly using Pinball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Properly using Pinball Reply with quote

I've been trying to get into the habit of learning to use Bandmate/Pinball/Synchrony now that I have all but Madness GS'd in the songs I own. However, I do have a question concerning the ratio of pinball following and lane playing.

If that was a little confusing, what I mean is, when I do activate pinball, should I just focus entirely on following the ball until it eventually drains, or should I also try to hit the notes while I follow it until it's going too fast for that?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you activate a pinball, you should continue to focus on notes for the first 5 or so bounces while the pinball is still slow enough to not be in danger of dropping. As the pinball starts to speed up, shift your focus only on OD notes and multipliers that are immediately blocking your view of the note highway. I usually activate Bandmate about 10-15 bounces in or when the note highway has a hill obstructing my view of the back end of the note highway. After that point, completely ignore the notes and Synchrony to focus on the pinball. If possible, try overhitting every now and then to prevent your Bandmate from activating Blitz mode. If your pinball lasts through your entire Bandmate activation, you're on your own. Remember that the pinball tends to jump across 4 instruments at a time on 5-lane songs. Find your inner split-second reaction time to catch deviations in that pattern and you will achieve true pinball enlightenment.

In other words:

0-5 bounces: Hit notes as usual.
5-10 bounces: Begin ignoring notes, only hitting necessary notes such as OD and immediate multipliers.
10-15 bounces: Activate Bandmate, keeping in mind the 1 second delay before it takes effect.
15+ bounces: Ignore notes entirely and become one with the pinball.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree almost wholeheartedly with Ketchup. As far as hitting OD goes, as you get better and better, you can just hit the ones you pass over. I tend to try to get to the lane I think the pinball will land in before it gets there as to have more time to react to abnormalities.

Additionally, I'd add Synchrony locations/synchrony squeezes into important notes; on songs like I'm Still Standing (which I've played way too many times) or any fast punk song, it can make differences of 20-30K easily, and in cases where you can get 2.5K on every synchrony like Holiday, way way more (maybe 70-80K).

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: