FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
slashno ~ GH/RB Expert Drums Dual FSFC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow awesome man!! Grats and keep it up!

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatH is better than CiT, for sure.

Good job, Nolan.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
slashn0  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:

Thanks! Got any tips for visions or bodhisattva?

voidedalive2x wrote:
BatH is better than CiT, for sure.

I dunno... They're both awesome FCs though! Very proud of them both

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the question isn't directed at me, buuuuut...

You should have no problem doing Bodhisattva, your kit will make it significantly easier to pull off lol. Just keep practicing it and it'll happen.
Same thing for TKaR. As for Visions, I only gold starred it for the first time last night (along with Homecoming so I at least have full series GS), so darthfizz is way more qualified to answer that :p

Congrats again on BatH, I don't think I'm ever gonna get it so I'm at least glad you did :p
slashn0  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand-master wrote:
I know the question isn't directed at me, buuuuut...

You should have no problem doing Bodhisattva, your kit will make it significantly easier to pull off lol. Just keep practicing it and it'll happen.
Same thing for TKaR. As for Visions, I only gold starred it for the first time last night (along with Homecoming so I at least have full series GS), so darthfizz is way more qualified to answer that :p

Congrats again on BatH, I don't think I'm ever gonna get it so I'm at least glad you did :p

nah, my kit's not all that great for fast rolls... the roll in bodhisattva's too fast for to single stroke and my kit doesn't pick up double strokes well.

Congrats on the Visions GS, that's something I still have yet to accomplish.

Also thanks, I'm glad I got BatH as well

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:
DarthFizz wrote:

Grandmaster pretty much answered for bodhisattva. All you need to do is get a lucky runthrough with the ending roll. I forgot if that was the only hard part. :p

As for visions, you need to practice your chops. The only way to get this down is with practicing the speed of your hands, no other way. I already had fast chops because coincidentally back when I was in band class and we weren't practicing music, I would get a drum pad with good rebound, get a metronome (if you don't have one you can google a free one online) and do a couple of speed drills.

First, I set up my metronome on a low bpm, generally 50-60 to get warmed up, and practiced hitting 8s followed by 7s. I would hit the pad with my right hand 8 eighth notes, left hand 8 eighth notes, right hand 7 eighth notes, then left hand 7 eighth notes. I would do this twice, and if I felt comfortable I would go 5-10 bpm higher every time until I reached my limit, otherwise I would stay there a few more times and move on to the next drill. If you reach the limit for the metronome, then start from the bottom and do sixteenth notes.

Then I would move on to singles.

These are good for practicing your rolls, like for homecoming (unless you double stroke, then you're on your own :p). What I would do for this is hit 16th notes for a whole measure and then double that for a whole measure to 32nd notes. Repeat this again a second time, and then do the same thing a third time, but for 2 measures instead of 1, and then stop. Again, if you reach the limit of the metronome, then start over again from the bottom and do 32nd notes into 64th notes. I would do this over and over again 5-10 bpm higher every time until I was at my limit, then start over from the bottom on the other drill, or do something else that I could think of off the top of my head. Usually I would do other drum rudiments like flams, paradiddles, etc, if I had time. Fun fact: Practicing paradiddles helps you for thief in the night part 1!! :p

I did what I said above for band class once (sometimes twice) every weekday for 30-45 minutes for at least 3-4 months. However, this was right when I started playing rock band, and I started out very slow. You on the other hand are already pretty fast (I assume), so you should notice a difference in like 3-4 weeks. My classes lasted 55 minutes so I only had about 45 minutes anyway. I did this from the beginning of my sophomore year of high school in August 2008 to halfway through the school year in December 2008.

During the 2nd half of the school year I would still do them after school occasionally, but not in a daily routine. By the end of the school year I had the fastest chops in the entire percussion class, even faster than everyone on the drumline, and I wasn't even on the drumline. You have no idea how annoying it was hearing the band teachers ask me every week to be on the drumline. :p But that's how I know it worked, so there's my story. :p

My limit back in the day when doing these drills was 320 bpm for 8s/7s, and 300 bpm for singles. I would think that some of the best drummers here in their primes, like Homer, gladiator, and homelesscarl, could probably reach 350 bpm on 8s/7s, which is crazy stupid fast. :p

If you were in band or practicing any real musical instrument, then doing these drills makes much more sense. If you still don't know what I'm talking about you can always do research on the terms I said. I can also upload a video of me doing the drills (granted I haven't done them in a long time so my chops are out of shape, but I still remember how to do them). You can also use heavier sticks to train with, which will help when you go to lighter sticks on the drumkit, but don't use the heavy sticks on your drumkit because that'll break it. One last note: Do not tense up your wrists, arms, or neck when doing these drills. You can get away with it when trying to FC Visions because the 2 really fast parts are short, but it's still sloppy form and could become a bad habit in the future if you do it too much.

Hope all of this helped. If you have any more questions just let me know.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like good advice for anything, really. I bet that could be put to use for strumming exercises on guitar.

As for the tensing thing, I've never really understood how to make myself not tense up cuz it always feels like I do that every time I'm, say, fretting fast, doing a fast strumming section, or whenever I'm doing any sort of long and moderately fast roll.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
slashn0  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
slashn0 wrote:
DarthFizz wrote:

Grandmaster pretty much answered for bodhisattva. All you need to do is get a lucky runthrough with the ending roll. I forgot if that was the only hard part. :p

As for visions, you need to practice your chops. The only way to get this down is with practicing the speed of your hands, no other way. I already had fast chops because coincidentally back when I was in band class and we weren't practicing music, I would get a drum pad with good rebound, get a metronome (if you don't have one you can google a free one online) and do a couple of speed drills.

First, I set up my metronome on a low bpm, generally 50-60 to get warmed up, and practiced hitting 8s followed by 7s. I would hit the pad with my right hand 8 eighth notes, left hand 8 eighth notes, right hand 7 eighth notes, then left hand 7 eighth notes. I would do this twice, and if I felt comfortable I would go 5-10 bpm higher every time until I reached my limit, otherwise I would stay there a few more times and move on to the next drill. If you reach the limit for the metronome, then start from the bottom and do sixteenth notes.

Then I would move on to singles.

These are good for practicing your rolls, like for homecoming (unless you double stroke, then you're on your own :p). What I would do for this is hit 16th notes for a whole measure and then double that for a whole measure to 32nd notes. Repeat this again a second time, and then do the same thing a third time, but for 2 measures instead of 1, and then stop. Again, if you reach the limit of the metronome, then start over again from the bottom and do 32nd notes into 64th notes. I would do this over and over again 5-10 bpm higher every time until I was at my limit, then start over from the bottom on the other drill, or do something else that I could think of off the top of my head. Usually I would do other drum rudiments like flams, paradiddles, etc, if I had time. Fun fact: Practicing paradiddles helps you for thief in the night part 1!! :p

I did what I said above for band class once (sometimes twice) every weekday for 30-45 minutes for at least 3-4 months. However, this was right when I started playing rock band, and I started out very slow. You on the other hand are already pretty fast (I assume), so you should notice a difference in like 3-4 weeks. My classes lasted 55 minutes so I only had about 45 minutes anyway. I did this from the beginning of my sophomore year of high school in August 2008 to halfway through the school year in December 2008.

During the 2nd half of the school year I would still do them after school occasionally, but not in a daily routine. By the end of the school year I had the fastest chops in the entire percussion class, even faster than everyone on the drumline, and I wasn't even on the drumline. You have no idea how annoying it was hearing the band teachers ask me every week to be on the drumline. :p But that's how I know it worked, so there's my story. :p

My limit back in the day when doing these drills was 320 bpm for 8s/7s, and 300 bpm for singles. I would think that some of the best drummers here in their primes, like Homer, gladiator, and homelesscarl, could probably reach 350 bpm on 8s/7s, which is crazy stupid fast. :p

If you were in band or practicing any real musical instrument, then doing these drills makes much more sense. If you still don't know what I'm talking about you can always do research on the terms I said. I can also upload a video of me doing the drills (granted I haven't done them in a long time so my chops are out of shape, but I still remember how to do them). You can also use heavier sticks to train with, which will help when you go to lighter sticks on the drumkit, but don't use the heavy sticks on your drumkit because that'll break it. One last note: Do not tense up your wrists, arms, or neck when doing these drills. You can get away with it when trying to FC Visions because the 2 really fast parts are short, but it's still sloppy form and could become a bad habit in the future if you do it too much.

Hope all of this helped. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Yeah I can go fast enough for the slower hard parts but that tires me out and then I do bad on the fasted hard parts lol. I guess I just need to practice it until I don't get worn out from the less-hard parts.

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
Congratulations on the 1st PS3 FGFC (I think).

Yup, 1st PS3 FGFC, 2nd FGFC overall.

Graf  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoaaaahhhhhhh nice work with the FGFC!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, you're definitely an upcoming lad. What game you gonna try next? Mr. Green
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Whoa, you're definitely an upcoming lad. What game you gonna try next? Mr. Green

Welp, since the only ones left are Green Day, RB1, and RB2, I'm not gonna be able to get any more FGFCs any time soon... Just gonna try to FC Bodhisattva, Painkiller, and Train Kept a Rollin' to get me to 396/399.

slashn0  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Whoaaaahhhhhhh nice work with the FGFC!!!

Thanks for the comment Graf

slashn0  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: bled to be free, voodoo child, head like a hole FCs Reply with quote

Bump 6/4/14

I'm lazy and never added these FCs... I guess I'll do it now.

FC 514: Bled to Be Free (The Operation)
FC 515: Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live)
FC 516: Head Like a Hole

If you are watching my YouTube videos you would know that the first two FCs I got the 2 days after Beast and the Harlot, but from then to... well... 2 days ago, I couldn't FC anything else exciting.

Then I played Head Like a Hole for the first time in a long time and got the FC in about 10 minutes yay.

These are 3 pretty good FCs in my opinion. I should've updated the thread when I first got them but I didn't feel like it.

I also got a pro guitar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: