FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Should I take up pro guitar/bass?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Underdrive  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Should I take up pro guitar/bass? Reply with quote

In my years of playing Rock Band I've taken up almost every instrument and with practice achieved a relatively high skill level on expert. Right now I'm working on pro keys and I get way better at sight reading every day. In fact I think this is the fastest I've ever progressed on an instrument.

But lately I've been thinking about getting into pro guitar. The only thing is that this looks like a very hard instrument not just to master, but to play in general. I feel like I'm going to be playing everything on easy for months before even passing a song on the next difficulty and so on. To me every chart looks like a big memorization game. I play guitar in real life and as you know it's a boatload of memorization. I don't care if I can FC a song, I just want to be able to have a relaxing time like I do on all other instruments.

So can any of you experienced folks tell me how it is? Is this an instrument that you eventually become skilled at sight reading charts for? Or does it all come down to memorization?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get better at sight reading it, but to play well you'll have to practice the songs. It is fun though, and since you already play guitar it shouldn't be too tough to get started. The Mustang is still easy enough to get for a cheap price, but the Squier guitar controller is pretty expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: