FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Top 100 Hardest Pro Keys FCs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
American Pie is drastically underrated. There's almost never a dull moment throughout the 8 1/2 minute running time outside the ending, and there's some wicked difficult grace notes and octaves. It's more difficult than Rosanna because while Rosanna has that quick piano solo, it's over quickly and the hard part of the solo itself just repeats itself, while American Pie goes on and on and is constantly changing itself up to throw more things at you. It's harder than Starship Trooper because Starship Trooper is just an incredibly overrated song. Honestly, the outro isn't that difficult, the song before it is harder. It does have some glissandos that can be annoying after the outro fills, but it's not nearly as bad as the BS in American Pie. It's harder than Child in Time because Child in Time is kinda similar to it, having fast repeated chords and a long length, but while Child in Time's only really tricky part is the fast chords in the guitar solo, which American Pie trumps with most of the tricky grace notes in it's verses and choruses. It's harder than I Wish, because while I Wish is another song with a lot of four-note-chords and grace notes, I Wish does repeat itself a bit, so that can make it easier to learn, in addition to being half the length. I'm still hung on whenever it's harder than Crippled Inside because that song's just absurdly hard, so I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't say there is never a "dull" moment in the song. There are plenty of easy parts in the song honestly (although there are definitely harder parts too). Most of the difficulty in my opinion lies in the second half of the verses and those fast octaves. It really isn't that difficult in my opinion, and not too chokeable. Plus, if it makes a difference, you're only doing a seven minute chart or so since that whole outro has no keys. Rosanna is kind of annoying to FC up to the solo then keep missing a bunch of times, but it's still not too hard. Although, since I find that I get frustrated with that song easily, I'd personally put it harder. Starship Trooper has an outro that I just keep missing in real runs, and I really do not know why. It amazes me how I've FCed up to that section so many times and not FCed past that (let alone FCing the song). Remember that the song has chokeable glissandos also. AP isn't too chokeable so I'd say it's easier, although I could see how you'd think it's harder, since nothing before the spam in ST is too hard. Child in Time is difficult in my opinion with those fast chords (and the ability to EASILY overhit on those two-to-three-note-chord transitons). The sections in CiT are definitely harder than AP in my opinion, and the octaves aren't even much faster than the chords in CiT. Plus, there are like, 20 or so octave notes total in AP? There are hundreds of those chords all in a row in CiT. More endurance is required to FC CiT than AP, plus CiT is definitely chokeable with that outro and that weird ascending thing in the third solo. I Wish needs to move down in my opinion, but either way I still think it's harder than AP. The chord riffs are overall tricky, and the outro is VERY chokeable. Plus you kind of need to focus the whole time on I Wish vs. AP, where AP has many sections that really aren't hard to do.

Hobo111 wrote:
Once Bitten Twice Shy. This song just taunts me with how stupid its chart is. You don't play for about a minute, and then BAM grace notes in the intro. Then you settle into the rhythm, it's just chords, until the third chorus, which throws even more at you, and then they show up sporadically until the end of the song. These grace notes are pretty fast, not quite as fast as some of the crazy hard ones in American Pie, but still much more than standard fare. While I find this song much, much harder than most people do, I still think that it's quite a bit underrated even without taking my weaknesses with it into account. It's way harder than all of the songs right above it, up to Piano Man, which is pretty underrated itself, and then to a bunch of the songs above that, to around Spill the Wine.

From my memory there are a total of seven grace notes in the intro. The rest of the grace notes really are not that fast, and if you played the three-note chords with one hand and played the extra white notes (when a black note starts the grace) with your left hand I really wouldn't imagine it being too bad. Even one-handing it isn't too bad in my opinion. You're just playing moderately-paced three-note chords with some grace notes thrown in. From my memory there are maybe 15 of those, which really isn't a lot I don't think.

Hobo111 wrote:
Happy Xmas (War is Over) really shouldn't be on the list when there are a bunch harder songs just off the list that could be filling its spot. It's easier than Never Gonna Give You Up, which is at the #101 spot, because Happy Xmas has some trills, which aren't hard on keys unless they pull a Crippled Inside and put some notes right before the trill that aren't covered by it. Other than the trills, it has some rolled chords, which are vastly overrated for reasons I will explain below, and some moderately quick chord changes. NGGYU has chord changes faster than the ones in Happy Xmas, multiple different four-note-chords which can be tricky to hit, and is generally all around more difficult. It's easier than Ring of Fire, because that song is very varied (see what I did there?) and has a lot of different chord positions that can be difficult, along with the song's much faster pace. It's easier than Nights on Broadway, because NoB has very quick and chordy verses that can be very tricky to hit, and then the bridges, which can catch you off-guard if you space out for even a second. Any of these three could easily move onto the list and bump Happy Xmas off.

I don't really know those three songs you compared Happy Xmas with, although I kind of agree with you. It's tricky but may not be top 100 worthy.

Hobo111 wrote:
Jungle Boogie. I've always found this song overrated, and I still think that, as if you use the right method, the song gets much, much easier, just like most other rolled chords song. For this reason, and others, I can't really compare it to anything else to say that it's easier than them, because honestly this song is so much different from every other song on the list that it wouldn't work to compare them. There's really not much else I can say about this one, you just need a good method, and it's much easier than many of the songs below it.

I use your method, and although it's the best method I know of, I still suck at it. Can't really say anything else about it. xD

Hobo111 wrote:
Jessica is my personal choice for the most underrated song on the list, as it has a waaayy difficult solo that pretty much requires a ton of dexterity along with speed. I think it could move up to around 25 or so, just because of the sheer hardness of that solo, along with the rest of the song being tricky too. I'll go every three songs to compare it with, since I don't want to be typing all night. It's harder than L.A. Woman because while L.A. Woman is a varied song and I've talked about how hard varied songs are in the past, L.A. Woman doesn't really have anything too difficult outside the outro, and even that isn't awful when you two-hand it. Jessica is quite difficult even when you do two-hand it, and unlike L.A. Woman, you can choke after the hard part, since the hard part isn't the very end of the song. It's harder than Free Bird, as while Free Bird is a pretty long song, there isn't really much that's actually hard in it. The long gallop section isn't that difficult, even to one-hand, and really the only hard part is the fast chord part, (you know that one) and that doesn't compare to the solo in Jessica. It's harder than Superstition because Superstition has some very fast parts in it, but none of them really involve chords, and you can learn them pretty quickly so that the only really tricky part in it is the outro trills, and then it's just a matter of making it there and then hitting them. It's just about interchangeable with around where The Entertainer is, as they're quite similar, both have guitar intros, then some easier things, then a crazy difficult section with a lot of chords and single notes that seems to go on forever, and then some tricky things after, and the difficulty of the fast sections are generally about the same, although the post-insanity parts of The Entertainer are a bit harder than Jessica's.

You said Jessica has a very difficult solo which also requires speed. I disagree with this. The only hard part I find is the second little fill thing in Solo D. Solo A-C isn't really that bad. There are quick grace notes, but you don't need to one-hand the song. Really, a couple left hand fingers for the bottom notes and you're good to go. I don't really see the speed involved in these parts of the solo, but please explain to me what the speed is (unless you are just talking about Solo D). Solo D is the hardest part, yes, however the harder part, like I said, is that one fill in the section. I would like to know why you find the solo difficult though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I use an account here, might as well explain some ideas and such about this list. Some complaints:

Free Ride is ranked waaaaaaay too high. Honestly, the guitar solo section is difficult but the choruses and verses aren't very tough. The outro, it's not even that hard. It's mostly the same moderately difficult patterns over and over. The song isn't long, less than 4 minutes, and the grace notes aren't tricky for the most part. It's easier than Once Bitten Twice Shy (99, way too low for it) and there's lots of songs like Stash which are MUCH more difficult that are ranked slightly lower. Fly Like an Eagle also isn't that difficult, the song right below it is about 2x what it is. There are some glissandos (trillable), 2-3 note fast chords (which aren't too fast nor too hard) and the Trippy Part, which is easy to miss with fast triplets, but those aren't enough for it to be 35 worthy to me. Deserving of about 67 or so. Through the Fire and Flames isn't 1 worthy. Verse 1 is right near the start of the song so restarting a lot isn't much of a problem and Bridge is patterned and only tough because of the speed and timing, not the pattern itself. 20th Century Boy should be on the list too. The solo is ridiculously hard and the timing is really odd. Easily more difficult than Free Ride. It's not of a point to argue it being tougher than songs near it ranking wise, because 20CB could go up about 50 spots anyway. I'm Still Standing (61) is not that hard either especially compared to 62, 64, 65 and 66. But otherwise mostly a good list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: