FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Incorrectly charted vocals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtreme2252 wrote:
For One Armed Scissor they reverse-B.Y.O.B.'d it. They copied GH's chart pitch for pitch

No they didn't. I have had experiences with both charts (yes, even importing the GHWT chart into GH5) and I have to say there were some subtle differences that can be identified in both. The awkward last "unknown, unknown" was amongst them - if anything, the WT chart seemed to be more accurate to me. :\

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
zawtowers  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been Caught Stealing springs to mind here - it's spot on in GH:WOR but the second phrase during the interlude "ba da da da da da da.." etc, should have a higher pitch in the second one.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zawtowers wrote:
Been Caught Stealing springs to mind here - it's spot on in GH:WOR but the second phrase during the interlude "ba da da da da da da.." etc, should have a higher pitch in the second one.

They just picked a different harmony to chart, kinda like on Bohemian Rhapsody and Get Free.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
CaptainCaptcha  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know no one's posted in this thread for a while, but I'd like to nominate All I Wanna Do in one of its earlier sections, namely the "And they drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks" phrase. It charts what is blatantly talking as extreme high to low note shifts, making it quite difficult to hit. The rest of the song is fine, though.
XenobladeHero  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this counts as necroposting but seeing as someone has bought this back I think I can be excused.

Outtathaway to me is a bad chart, due to there being some shouts that should be talkies within the song charted as high notes.

In my opinion as well the Bohemian chart is pretty poor due to the solo chart switching between parts too often.

Never Gonna Give You Up is a generally fun chart, but not including the female "oooo-ooohhhhh"'s in the chorus is a real shame when playing in a group. Admittedly there ARE a lot of harmony parts on that one section though
kennyparker1337  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Young Man Blues (Live at Leeds)" by The Who

My god this song is ridiculous to FC.
It ranks right up there with Bohemian Rhapsody only due to charting.

Check this out for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZtRedcmTIQ

1:12 "But'ch you know now a'days, it's the old man. (E3)He's (B3)got (E3)all (E3)the (A2)mo (G2)ney."
The bolded section is charted way down low. I mean its charted as like a G2 and A2 (Think of the bass section in Good Vibrations "im pickin up... good vibrations".). When in reality he only goes down to like a C3, which is low (think White Wedding by Billy Idol), but not bass range. To make it even worse these are the last notes in the phrase so they are weighted the most in scoring on the phrase.

1:30 "(D4)He (E4)got (G5)no (talky)chance at all."
This one single note is charted in an octave above the rest of the phrase. Don't get me wrong, the note goes high but into another octave. The rest of the phrase is charted correctly in the 4th octave (something like D4,E4 and the "no" should be a G4 or maybe a little higher). Instead it is charted as an insane G5. I would have charted this as a talky as it seems to be a quick "scream".

3:57 "They'd step (E5)back(E4)."
Just one short note is charted as dropping an entire octave. When in fact the singer is just letting his note drop off (which is about half an octave). All these phrases consist of this octave drop as the last note which weighs the most in scoring an Awesome. Normally this would be marked as a talky because of the singer isn't really dropping is pitch, he is just letting his voice fade out, but I guess they didn't want to chart a 1/3 of each phrase as a talky.

Combine these 3 issues with a high vocal range, varying pitches on each and every phrase, with half-octave drops (correctly charted) throughout the song, and you get a very difficult song.

BillTvShow (Stephen) said this was the hardest song to FC before Bohemian Rhapsody came out on RB3.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one awkward vocal charting that comes to mind is the Solo Vocal chart of Take On Me. During the final chorus they chart a section an octave too high which ruined my sightread FC attempt. "Takee onn meeee, takee mee onnn" is charted a whole octave up which makes no sense.

It's charted properly on the Harmonies chart though. Also Smooth is a pretty bad chart IMO.

jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth noting for B.Y.O.B., the final "Handed to obsoletion" is completely mischarted; it uses the same pitches from before, but the notes are actually sung higher.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: