FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Chaotrope Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you pretty much ruled it out by association, but I'd honestly pay $3 for Jagged War. That's probably just me though.

I have a question though: when you decide the tierings for your songs, do you measure your songs by your catalog or by the RB library on the whole? I ask this because songs like Halcyon and Elysian, while easier than your other songs by far, are considerably harder than most of the songs in their tier on guitar (and bass for Halcyon).

I do hope you decide to do more stuff from Synesthesia. I really enjoy that album. Haven't gotten a chance to really listen to Wander though.
b0bb0  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with most recently released songs (Synesthesia, Halcyon).

That's so weird that you like Jagged War. That's honestly one of my weirdest, most experimental songs.

I don't really have a system for tiering them, I sort of just do what feels best, and what I'm recommended by other testers. I was actually going to change guitar tier for Halcyon to devil, but it felt wrong to put it in the same tier as stuff like Chiasm.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some of you can help me out with this. I'm trying to pick the next song to chart.

I'm either going to do a few more off of Synesthesia, and do Oneiria or Tessitura, or I'm going to jump to Wander (because of my new album coming out soon) and do Sepia, 8 Months, The Palindrome, Kuromori, or Fog of War.

Fog of War and 8 Months are almost guaranteed to come out eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b0bb0 wrote:
Updated with most recently released songs (Synesthesia, Halcyon).

That's so weird that you like Jagged War. That's honestly one of my weirdest, most experimental songs.

I don't really have a system for tiering them, I sort of just do what feels best, and what I'm recommended by other testers. I was actually going to change guitar tier for Halcyon to devil, but it felt wrong to put it in the same tier as stuff like Chiasm.

Jagged War is just so... chaotic and heavy. I think the fact that it's so different is what has made it stick out to me. This may sound strange, but it reminds me of Buckethead's Inbred Mountain album, which is similarly experimental and weird almost to the point of being scary (which was IM's intent, of course).

I can't comment on Wander, but I think Oneiria would be far more pleasant to play than Tessitura, because even though musically I prefer the latter (I love the little scale bit going out of the last solo), the charts would be nothing short of completely batshit insane. I'm partial to Remnants myself, though, even though it sounds a bit on the easy side.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tessitura is more musically pleasing than the other, so I'd go for that first.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
b0bb0  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with new album.

Check it out, everyone! http://chaotrope.bandcamp.com/album/aura-guardian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: