FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Decided to play plastic guitar after a 2 year+ hiatus and..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zage1337  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Decided to play plastic guitar after a 2 year+ hiatus and.. Reply with quote

while I was never an amazing player I did FC Free Bird and nearly GS'd the RB3 setlist with over 60 FCs and now I can barely play at all.

Strumming I am a bit worse but I feel I can acquire my skill back. HO/PO's on the other hand is a completely different story.

For example, I use to be able to hold a 4x and was capable of FCing Betty and Me(usually -1 or -2 per run), and now I can't even pass like 10% of the song. I fail instantly on many ho/po songs that aren't even that fast. My hand doesn't know what to do anymore. This kind of sucks because i've bought a ton of DLC for Rock Band Blitz that would also be fun on guitar but I am incapable of handling it now. I can't even pass Cry Thunder and I was working on a TTFaF 5* just before i quit 2 years ago.

Is there anyway I can get my skill back. Also Im using a GH guitar and I've been using a strat before and I'm on a new tv too.

Last edited by zage1337 on Sat May 18, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New TV makes me think there might be calibration issues, mess with that a bit.

As for getting skill back just keep playing, you'll figure it out again.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it turns out it was my calibration. It was like over a whole second off or something. I set the video to 75 and that seemed to work. It might still need some tweaking on the audio side but it's at least playable now.

It's still a bit depressing that I lost so much skill over the years. I can't even 5* Guns of Summer anymore and it took me a few tries to even 5* Cry Thunder which I would have gotten on SR with ease if I played it at the level I was back then.

SaCkaveli20  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just started playing again, haven't played in well over 2 years.
But it's almost like a new game again, and it's fun.

I'm HORRIBLE now though. I used to be pretty decent, I'd say above average. Now I can barely FC anything in the game. lol

Oh well, it's been fun playing again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: