FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to hit the "Ow" in Next to You! [Updated 8/18]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i asked about the practice mode is b/c through my FC run I couldnt hit it for the longest time in solo mode. It wasn't until after I hit it in practice mode did the real thing started to hit for me. I had the thought of maybe by doing it in practice mode I broke something and allowed the solo mode to work.

I will give it a try tomorrow on xbox when i head over to my friend's for the ELS and report back to you guys.

My YouTube Channel
trg007  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gave it a go on PS3...

I copied Icemage's settings exactly (-265/-15) because we both have Sony SXRD TVs. At first I wasn't having any luck, until I disabled Dolby Digital in the options menu. After that, I hit the Ow 3 out of 5 times. Sensitivity was 2 clicks from the left.

I don't know if DD has anything to do with it, but it makes sense as many who have had this kind of success rate are CRT users who would most likely not have DD enabled. Need to test more on 360 now because I never thought of disabling it there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: G00dByeMrBond PSN Name: trg007
ghal416  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trg007 wrote:
So I gave it a go on PS3...

I copied Icemage's settings exactly (-265/-15) because we both have Sony SXRD TVs. At first I wasn't having any luck, until I disabled Dolby Digital in the options menu. After that, I hit the Ow 3 out of 5 times. Sensitivity was 2 clicks from the left.

I don't know if DD has anything to do with it, but it makes sense as many who have had this kind of success rate are CRT users who would most likely not have DD enabled. Need to test more on 360 now because I never thought of disabling it there.

thats intresting. i'll give it a try when i have the chance, but if you get to try it b4hand, let us know if it helps out.

RB1:
Gold star every song(58/58; gained on I'm So Sick on 7/13/10)
Get 11 million+ career score(Yes; gained on Learn to Fly on 6/12/08)
FC every song(58/58; gained on Next to You on 7/11/10)

RB2:
Gold star every song(78/84)
Get 17 million+ career score(Not yet; have crossed the 15 million mark as of 8/4/10)
FC every song(78/84)
trg007  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghal416 wrote:
thats intresting. i'll give it a try when i have the chance, but if you get to try it b4hand, let us know if it helps out.

Sadly, it doesn't. Turning off DD on my 360 led to no better results. I think the timing window is just a lot more strict on the 360 version, making it harder to find the right setting. Even with the "perfect" setting (if you ever find it) you're looking at around a 5-7% success rate, whereas on PS3 it's 50% or more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: G00dByeMrBond PSN Name: trg007
ghal416  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trg007 wrote:
ghal416 wrote:

Sadly, it doesn't. Turning off DD on my 360 led to no better results. I think the timing window is just a lot more strict on the 360 version, making it harder to find the right setting. Even with the "perfect" setting (if you ever find it) you're looking at around a 5-7% success rate, whereas on PS3 it's 50% or more.

damn that hurts lol well, i guess i'll have to get to work on that timing then . btw trg, how did you time the "Ow" when you got it? did you count along with the beats and then said "Ooh" on the snare hit?

RB1:

RB2:
Get 17 million+ career score(Not yet; have crossed the 15 million mark as of 8/4/10)
FC every song(78/84)
GodzDrinknPal  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HrdCore1337v2 wrote:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12596

sweet spots on first page

ty!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Godz Drinkn Pal
CHawk  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This= OMGWTFROFLMMFAOLOLWUT?

Haha....1st time I tweaked it...I got a strong...need to tweak...just a little more....

THANK YOU!
I LOVE YOU!

No homo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the lag setting (as opposed to the A/V setting) have any effect on vocals? i was just wondering if i should tweak around with it in my run on this song. also to CHawk, what TV are you using and what A/V setting did you get the strong on? just wondering

RB1:

RB2:
FC every song(78/84)
AdamTL7  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF WTF WTF

I tried it and said...Nah, it wont work

FIRST TRY IT WORKS.

YOU SIR ARE AWESOME.

EDIT : TWICE IN A ROW!

Looks like the NTY FC club isnt so awesome anymore.

^Thanks to MSH-Hitman for this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Luptak Attack
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir Trg007 are a god damn genius. I read this thread a few days ago and didn't give it a try until just now and I got the FC first try. Wooooo!!!!

Btw I used dogfood's settings so thnx dogfood.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread is old.

I wanna have sex with you trg007.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: