FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 07/04/03)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whypick1  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having trouble with the Betty & Me PD upgrade? Chiron Beta Prime works, but game throws up the "Unable to Load Song, Skipping" error on Betty. Have the new packager, it throws the same "no songs.dta" warning for both, so nothing appears to be obviously wrong with how I'm compiling my package file. Deleting the song in-game and redownloading didn't work either.
ziagg  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I have a quick noob question, sorry : )

I haven't gotten Lego Rock Band yet because keys are not playable on "Final Countdown" by Europe. Yeah I'm weird like that sometimes.

So if I were to buy the game now, would I just be able to download and "add" keys to it through your awesome project?
Oddbrother  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ziagg wrote:

I haven't gotten Lego Rock Band yet because keys are not playable on "Final Countdown" by Europe. Yeah I'm weird like that sometimes.

So if I were to buy the game now, would I just be able to download and "add" keys to it through your awesome project?
No. You would then need to purchase and download the export pack for them to be playable in Rock Band 3.
ziagg  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddbrother wrote:
ziagg wrote:

No. You would then need to purchase and download the export pack for them to be playable in Rock Band 3.

Ah thanks, that too of course. Hm, tempting I must say : )
columbo777  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work as always!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whypick1 wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with the Betty & Me PD upgrade? Chiron Beta Prime works, but game throws up the "Unable to Load Song, Skipping" error on Betty. Have the new packager, it throws the same "no songs.dta" warning for both, so nothing appears to be obviously wrong with how I'm compiling my package file. Deleting the song in-game and redownloading didn't work either.

Just took a look at the songs.dta I was sent.

Typo in it. Open it, change songs_upgardes in the midi path to songs_upgrades, and rebuild. Should work fine. I'll include a fix in the next update.

Koetsu wrote:
So it's to my understanding that the Paper Valentine song is technically a RB3 version song now? Does this mean it can be created as a proper Wii song, as an option?

It's a distinct release as a custom, with new audio and such. I'm sure you could repackage it in Wii format, but do note it's not the same as the RBN version.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
columbo777  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Walking on Sunshine PRO Reply with quote

What am I missing here? I pulled the PRO for Walking on Sunshine from the optional directory (I don't see harmony in it?)

Starting Package Generation.
Now building custom package.

WARN: Unable to locate songs.dta in C:\Users\worthy\Dropbox\RB3 tools\RBHP_Apps_Custom_Packager_v002\input\UGC_5001426 (The Shins - Australia). Is this only a pro drums/guitar upgrade only?

WARN: Unable to locate songs.dta in C:\Users\worthy\Dropbox\RB3 tools\RBHP_Apps_Custom_Packager_v002\input\walkingonsunshine. Is this only a pro drums/guitar upgrade only?

Shins is drum only, but Katrina should be PRO and Harmony?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more for consolidation:
http://xtcgamingdayz.webs.com/rb3-360

I noticed Dont Fear the Reaper, Adams song, detroit rock city, whats my age again, I was wrong, and wonderwall are ripe for merge!

Last edited by columbo777 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
whypick1  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
whypick1 wrote:

Just took a look at the songs.dta I was sent.

Typo in it. Open it, change songs_upgardes in the midi path to songs_upgrades, and rebuild. Should work fine. I'll include a fix in the next update.

Worked like a charm. Much obliged.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded and incorporated the 5/31 release, and noticed a couple of quirks:

- The optional songs.dta files for the three HIM songs don't seem to make a difference in sorting; they're still under HIM instead of H.I.M. I confirmed afterwards that they are in the input folder that I used to build the package, so I don't think that's the issue.

- The Iron Maiden songs.dta fixes all work as intended, except for "The Clairvoyant" which has the new Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album art but still sorts under Flight 666.

Not huge problems, but perhaps worth looking into for the next update.

And espher, thank you SO MUCH for spearheading this project. This and the new customs projects have really breathed new life into my local RB community. We have quite a few people here eagerly awaiting each new release.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
I just downloaded and incorporated the 5/31 release, and noticed a couple of quirks:

- The optional songs.dta files for the three HIM songs don't seem to make a difference in sorting; they're still under HIM instead of H.I.M. I confirmed afterwards that they are in the input folder that I used to build the package, so I don't think that's the issue.

- The Iron Maiden songs.dta fixes all work as intended, except for "The Clairvoyant" which has the new Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album art but still sorts under Flight 666.

a) Had you downloaded the package after I fixed the content of the upgrade files (e.g. after early afternoon on 5/31)? The HIM tracks should sort under H.I.M. now (to match the disc), but there was something wrong with at least one of them initially.
b) Had you downloaded v3 of the packager after that date as well? The initial one wasn't spitting out an error but was failing to load the song data into the right .dta. You can verify this by checking the songs.dta file in your RBHP packager folder and doing a 'find' for wingsofabutterfly to see what the artist is.
c) Did you rebuild your cache?

Worth noting that the old Iron Maiden release had the 'alternate' sorting implemented in it (DorkmasterFlek had sent them to me that way initially), so it's possible that's why 'everything but Clairvoyant and the HIM tracks' is working.

columbo777 wrote:
What am I missing here? I pulled the PRO for Walking on Sunshine from the optional directory (I don't see harmony in it?)

Starting Package Generation.
Now building custom package.

WARN: Unable to locate songs.dta in C:\Users\worthy\Dropbox\RB3 tools\RBHP_Apps_Custom_Packager_v002\input\UGC_5001426 (The Shins - Australia). Is this only a pro drums/guitar upgrade only?

WARN: Unable to locate songs.dta in C:\Users\worthy\Dropbox\RB3 tools\RBHP_Apps_Custom_Packager_v002\input\walkingonsunshine. Is this only a pro drums/guitar upgrade only?

Shins is drum only, but Katrina should be PRO and Harmony?

I dropped the songs.dta into my testing folder but forgot to put it into the .zip. Oops. You can copy-paste it over from the regular Lego harmony folder and it should work -- nothing is changed in that file for the pro guitar/bass upgrades, so the regular harmonies release's songs.dta file should work just fine. It will also be fixed in an update (probably in the next couple of days, once I can figure out what's happening for Hitoshura).

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
a) Had you downloaded the package after I fixed the content of the upgrade files (e.g. after early afternoon on 5/31)? The HIM tracks should sort under H.I.M. now (to match the disc), but there was something wrong with at least one of them initially.

I downloaded the most recent master package this morning and rebuilt the package from scratch.

espher wrote:
b) Had you downloaded v3 of the packager after that date as well? The initial one wasn't spitting out an error but was failing to load the song data into the right .dta. You can verify this by checking the songs.dta file in your RBHP packager folder and doing a 'find' for wingsofabutterfly to see what the artist is.

Maybe this is the problem; I have v. 1.0 of the packager, created 4/25. I opened the wingsofabutterfly songs.dta file in Notepad, and it shows the artist as H.I.M., but after opening the custom upgrade package in Notepad and searching, I didn't find "wingsofabutterfly" or "theclairvoyant."

espher wrote:
c) Did you rebuild your cache?

Yes, both the package and the cache were rebuilt this morning. For the next update I'll be sure to download the newest version of the packager. If you can't reproduce these issues on your end, then the problem is probably related to the old packager. Thanks for the response!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v4, which will likely go up with the next release, is going to give a warning in verbose logging (similar to pro drums upgrades) for songs.dta-only upgrades, so that'll help narrow down any actual issues. :3

Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another month, another update to the Wii package.
http://ge.tt/8f2aVwf/v/6

Basically, RB1, RB2, and LRB are all complete now. I also got DTAs for Harmonies and/or Pro Drums on:
Snow (Hey Oh)
Sticky Sweet
Wonderwall
UGC_5001771 (Seether - Remedy)
UGC_5002994 (Five Finger Death Punch - Hard to See)
UGC_5001770 (Drowning Pool - Bodies)
UGC_5001786 (Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09)
UGC_5003064 (Sunny Day Real Estate - Seven)

Got the Pro Guitar and fixes converted and included, too. I only don't have the "Just What I Needed" song DTA.
I'm still waiting to get more, though.

I made one change on that Shrek 2 song to include album art because if you're already packing normally unavailable imports, might as well add the album art. Same for Ghostbusters.

And finally, I thought those minor info fixes were included with the main package? It's too much to track like this and it really must come down to an on-demand basis. The core package is really almost done.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi for anyone still lurking this thread, I will be moving most of my post-type-update operations over to the thread on the C3 board. I will still post release details and the like here since there is where it all started, so to speak, but any of the in-progress/opinion poll/whatever type discussion will be over there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 38 of 41

Jump to: