FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Brand new RB2 drum kit defective right out of the box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainsolo  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Brand new RB2 drum kit defective right out of the box Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm getting back into RB after a long absence due to my beloved RB1 SL kit finally biting the dust.

Recently I made a great buy on local CL for a new, unused and unopened RB2 special edition bundle. I was beyond excited to finally try the RB2 kit and add cymbals for Pro mode.

2 songs in and I knew something was up. I kept losing notes, getting crosstalk, the heads were unresponsive to anything other than a direct hit in the center, I really had to whack the head to get a hit, and the drum pedal wasn't responding correctly.

I tried other sticks and pedals to no avail. I couldn't understand why my brand new RB2 kit was juts like my awful 1st RB kit, a pair of EL RB1.

Then I noticed the EL serial number on the bottom and nearly lost it. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY REUSE THIS FOR RB2???

So now after reading up on some SH threads, I'm wondering if there is any way to remedy this set or if I'm stuck with a third unusable kit.

I get better scores with my falling apart SL with a cracked red pad. You can't even 100% the easiest songs on disc.
angruss  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on rock band hardware, but if you have a set that's structurally broken and a set that's electronically broken, couldn't you frankenstein them to a degree and see what happens?
captainsolo  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think it might be possible to replace these RB2 pads with my RB1 SL ones? All I'd have to do is fix the crack in the red pad.
Niall  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an RB2 EL kit, bought in 2009, and it's only lately that I've had bubbles, and I think only because I lent it to (now) 3 conventions for whacking away at it all day or night long. And it's still responsive, just not as easy due to the bubble. So "EL" is not the problem, it's that you got unlucky.

Since you bought it on craigslist, can you be sure they were new? If it was, then even the seller couldn't know it was a defective set. Contact the seller maybe, since they're local?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. The whole set was still boxed up and unopened so they had no idea of knowing. I'm not out much cash, so if necessary I could sell the guitar or something.
I'm just rather peeved that after finally finding a cheap unused new kit that I can't use it. Most kits are way too expensive.
Seriously considering just swapping my SL pads onto this kit. Or maybe the sensors.

EDIT: I'm seeing several places mention that QM and SL kits are interchangeable, but that you can't put an SL head onto an EL kit as they won't fit. Is this really true? They seem the same size to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: