FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sheet music?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhsa  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:
Dear God at Roundabout's sheet music.

Yeah, looking at guitar break part in proper notation form will make it even more clear how ridiculously impossiblish it is to play accurately exactly in time and stay in sync. I've sometimes managed 4x but it's rare.

What I'd like in RB3's engine is a little looser timing for sections like that. Something like 'as long as you hit the correct notes in correct order in the space alloted for the phrase'. Enhanced trill sections, if you like. I bet even Wakeman himself doesn't always play it exactly in the same timing (although I admit it might be possible).

Strict mimicry is hard when you're used to playing with feeling and your own rubato and not to someone else's rubato. But then again, I'm a solo player (never played in a band setting).

Anyway, thanks for these. Being a completist, I must print them all!
Will definitely make practising some parts easier.
tincan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunCrane wrote:

Or, you can download charts for all the on-disc songs at http://rapidshare.com/files/456425786/Rock_Band_3.zip. That zip includes both the PDFs and the same charts in MuseScore.

ZOMG Awesome! Want to say the file doesn't exist at that location, but I'm fine with downloading one at a time.

Thank you so much, the whole music-reading system RB is using for keys is sooo frustrating (and I've been playing piano since I was 8)!
RingoH  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am highly, and I mean HIGHLY impressed and grateful for the work you did on these!

I have slowly been getting used to Pro-Keys, and although I have some musical background, it was not on piano. I am comfortable with sheet music, and like I am sure a lot of people, wish that we had a track similar to the vocal track for the Pro-Keys.

Last night I finally tried studying the sheet music you have provided, and found it much, and I mean MUCH more comfortable to practice a song with the sheet music than using the in game trainer. Yes, the trainer is nice enough to provide a metronome beat when you switch to a slower speed, but the trainer doesn't let me practice what I want to. I am using the official controller, not a real keyboard, so this meathod of practice I am lacking the feedback of actually hearing what I am playing... However, I think this proved helpful, as I am developing a comfort level with a song.

I am curious:
Did you make those charts completly by hand, or is there some automated way of extracting the note information and getting it into sheet music? Is there any chance of seeing any DLC content likewise transposed into sheet music? Keep in mind I'm not begging you to do every DLC song, or even specific requests... Just wondering if "any" might ever get posted.

Thank you again! You've helped me get to be a better player, at least with a few on disc songs. Although, I think the time pounding away practicing to sheet music is probably helping muscle memory too, so that's going to help next time I try DLC tracks...
mridlen  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just might actually have a chance at passing Antibodies with your help. Those arpeggios made no sense, and I passed it 3 stars, skin of my teeth, on normal keys (by no fault of my own).

Thanks for the hard work!
HHHistheGame  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty cool. I kind of feel like it's slightly cheating a bit since a lot of the challenge is reading the notes on the fretboard, but...eh...I guess it's not that important.
mindsink  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most frustrating thing for me is the left/right shifting of the track.

Another thing that would help is to have chord notations on the pro keys track.

As far as having a scrolling keyboard track...I think the main problem is that when playing in a band setting, there isn't enough screen real estate to put a scrolling keyboard track in there along with everything else.

In RB4, what they could do is to have two different modes...a pro mode and a traditional mode, with the pro mode having ONLY scrolling tracks for all of the instruments. Keys would only have notes. For guitar/bass, provide the option of notes or tab.

This could also open up the possibilities of having a larger (> 2 octave) keyboard, and would eliminate a lot of the charting errors where you have to play a section an octave down or up.
SecretSelf  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a year since anyone posted here, but I was thrilled to just last night find the links to the pdf's of all the on-disc songs! So thank you!!

Before I go launching into a new project and try to do it myself, has anyone else anywhere done this - created accurate sheet music - for any other songs, imports, DLC, RBN songs?

I'd be happy to do it if I could have a discussion with the original poster who converted these songs. It makes such a difference in how well I play that I can't even tell you!!

Any resources since discovered, I'd love to hear about, and if someone can fill me in on which tools or method was used to convert the pro keys tracks (via MIDI I assume?) into sheet music. I am sure that I am not the only one out there still trying to master pro keys, and I'm one of those that has been reading music and playing on a keyboard since childhood, and I have found the conversion for prokeys almost impossible if I go about easy-medium. It's immensely frustrating.

But I taught myself the drums from scratch, and play everything else, so I'm in need of a new project! Anyone else interested?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: