FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro bass paths (12/83)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alternity  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
Alternity wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:
That's cool but it really makes it hard for pathing

Actually not really, Pro bass and guitar don't use whammy, so 1 phrase is exactly 2 or 4 measures, as long as you can read music, pathing isn't that hard using that format, anyways for me...

As for the other format, I think the guy must've used photoshop, or a prog of the kind, its way too much work.

What makes it hard is that I haven't got how many points you got under each measure, so I can't calculate anything. I don't know how much a sustain note gives for example.

Well it certainly isn't perfect, but you can get a general idea. I could go for the points on each measures, but it's way to much work... unless someone has an idea on how to create such detailed charts without using too much effort, I will stick with this for now, unless a new idea comes to mind. I will still continue to tab them, so I have at least the tabs at hand. For the sustain points, gotta know how much a beat gives, or a measure.

EDIT: If the guy that made those image is still active, I could provide him the tabs, it's probably easier to make those files for him from actual tabs, and use the videos only to adjust certain things (on the tabs, it's not because a note is one beat, that the sustain is actually one beat, might be .25 beat less, I really tabbed them as if you were playing the song on the actual instrument, and not with all the small rests that RB puts between the notes that aren't there when you play the actual thing, though you can pretty much guess where they are, since they usually put a .25 rest on those, it's pretty consistant. If the guy want to contact me, do so, so we can arrange something.
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea so I tried opening a pro guitar midi file into Guitar Pro and it didn't work good at all, many things are missing or different.
Which is weird because Pro keys are totally accurate! It's a shame they made it so complicated for guitar and bass.

So anyway, your Foolin' bass path looks good except I think you should activate 62 then again measure 70.
You should win like two notes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Alternity  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
Yea so I tried opening a pro guitar midi file into Guitar Pro and it didn't work good at all, many things are missing or different.
Which is weird because Pro keys are totally accurate! It's a shame they made it so complicated for guitar and bass.

So anyway, your Foolin' bass path looks good except I think you should activate 62 then again measure 70.
You should win like two notes.

Thanks for the tip, I will look into that. I will tab more songs, and possibly path a couple of them too tonight, tabbing those takes less time than I would imagine.. but then again I didn't started the complicated songs yet as I don't see myself FCing those soon, but I take requests for tabs (and OD information) for any pro guitar or pro bass songs, so you guys can figure out a path if you need to, as long as I can find a video for the songs I don't own.

Also, I think Pro Keys uses the actual notes for the charts, as pro bass/guitar is a totally different way (as the game doesn't recognize notes, but buttons), so I anticipated that... and that's sad indeed, because it would probably save time if it was accurate.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So IIRC, notes are worth 60 points and chords are worth 120, but the points from sustains ignores the "all chords are 120" rule and varies depending on how many notes are in the chord. Then the sustain points are worth 2x what they are in regular (whatever that is >_>) as opposed to the 2.4x for notes. So you can go from there and guess how many points things are worth but the sustain lengths seem to be different from what they are in regular... Charts would be nice :/.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't plan to make typical charts that people are used to. But I do plan on tabbing them and exporting them like I did with Foolin'. It's not perfect, but you can figure out a path way easier than trying and failing until you get it. I'll try to figure out how much points sustains are actually worth, but I can't guaratee anything about that, I'm not even sure how much they are worth on keys and I'm primarily a keyboardist. If you want a song tabbed, let me know.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I came in the conclusion that the best possible way to write the path (without having the actual chart) is this way:

Foolin'

2 - x1xxxx
2 - 2nd 1xxxxx
1 - x1xxxx
3 - 13rd 5xxxxx (1st 5xxxxx after 3xxxxx)

I'll begin to add paths as I find them, this path got me 1st on PS3, so I guess it's good enough. Thanks to Iggy for the little tweak.

If you find better paths, or tweaks to my paths, I'll happily change them and give you credit for them. I will update OP with this path, and more in the future.

EDIT:

Imagine

2 - 2nd x3xxxx
2 - 1xxxxx

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1

1(+1) - 1st of next OD (xx0xxx)
2 - 3rd x3xxxx

I Love Rock 'N Roll

3 - 2nd xx2xxx
2 - 8th x2xxxx

The Beautiful People

1(+1) - 1st of next OD (0xxxxx)
1 - NN (0xxxxx)
1 - NN (0xxxxx)
2 - NN (0xxxxx)
2(+1) - 9xxxxx
2 - 32nd 0xxxxx (10th 0xxxxx after 5xxxxx)

I Wanna Be Sedated

2(+1) - 15th xx2xxx (1st of 3rd xx2xxx set)
1 - NN (xxx4xx)
2 - xxx4xx
2(+1) - 1st of next OD (xx4xxx)

Just Like Heaven

1 - NN (0xxxxx)
2 - NN (x2xxxx)
2 - NN (x5xxxx)
1 - NN (x2xxxx)
2 - NN (x5xxxx)
2 - NN (x5xxxx)
1 - NN (x5xxxx)
2 - NN (x5xxxx)

Sister Christian

2(+1) - 15th 3xxxxx (2nd 3xxxxx in next OD)
2(+1) - 0.5th beat on 4th 1xxxxx
1 - 7th x3xxxx
megallica  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
Sister Christian

1 - 7th x3xxxx

i'm pretty sure this is the best path for sister christian
credit to aSynysterShadow, or Fr33701ays (which is his scorehero name)

he tweaked the path that i posted on the other Pro Guitar/Bass paths thread and took 1st place from me

i'm pretty sure he has some other 1st place videos on his youtube channel, so you can probably get more good paths from them

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
Alternity wrote:
Sister Christian

1 - 7th x3xxxx

i'm pretty sure this is the best path for sister christian
credit to aSynysterShadow, or Fr33701ays (which is his scorehero name)

he tweaked the path that i posted on the other Pro Guitar/Bass paths thread and took 1st place from me

i'm pretty sure he has some other 1st place videos on his youtube channel, so you can probably get more good paths from them

Nice stuff, I will update with more stuff tonight, along with this path for Sister Christian. Thanks for the heads up.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating Sister Christian with

1 - 1xxxxx
2 - 0.5 beat on x6xxxx
1 - 7th x3xxxx

I know that aSynysterShadow did his last activation on 9th 1xxxxx but I find it easier to count the x3xxxx, and there is only a measure of them, and it gives the same ammount of points, I basically moved the activation 1 measure sooner. Giving credits to him.

EDIT:

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

2 - NN (0xxxxx)
1(+1) - 12th 0xxxxx
2 - 2xxxxx
2(+1) - 8th 0xxxxx
2 - 0xxxxx

Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead

1(+1) - 17th 7xxxxx
1 - NN (x2xxxx)
2(+1) - 9th x7xxxx
1(+1) - x2xxxx
2(+1) - 3rd x7xxxx

The Killing Moon

3(+1) - x7xxxx
2(+1) - xx9xxx
1 - NN (xx9xxx)
2 - NN (x3xxxx)
1 - NN (x3xxxx)
1 - NN (x3xxxx)
2 - NN (x3xxxx)
1 - NN (x3xxxx)
2 - 32th 3xxxxx (2nd 3xxxxx in the 6th measure of 3xxxxx)

Whip It

1(+1) - 4th 3xxxxx
3(+1) - 3rd 0xxxxx
1(+1) - 3rd x0xxxx
1 - 7th xxx5xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: