FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hitoshura: 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar progress - 546k and climbing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
btw, how the eff are you so good at All Along the Watchtower and Llama

70% speed is still worlds away from full speed on AAtW; full speed is really fast. I haven't even 4-starred it yet in a real run. I guess need to work it up gradually, but it's not exactly the most exciting bass part to play over and over.

I did get these, though.

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver - Pro Bass GS - Still suck at the chunky riffs. I've hit them in practice, but am having trouble being consistent on the chords.
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Pro Bass FC - I kept missing inexplicably on this song, even though it's really straightforward. Playing all the HOPOs as HOPOs, and not strumming them, seemed to help.
Need You Tonight - Pro Bass FC (1st Xplat, tied with malkieriking on PS3)
Need You Tonight - Pro Guitar FC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Pro Bass FC - I kept missing inexplicably on this song, even though it's really straightforward. Playing all the HOPOs as HOPOs, and not strumming them, seemed to help.

How did you not get this sooner? Even I FC'd it and you're WAY better than me.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:

I haven't touched most of the disc songs since I got 5* on them back in 2011, especially on pro bass. This was one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Man, Nice FC

Hitoshura wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:

I haven't touched most of the disc songs since I got 5* on them back in 2011, especially on pro bass. This was one of them.

you shouldn't have too much trouble reaching 75/83 if you want to

you already have the hardest one done, so who knows. maybe 80+ or even an FGFC

EDIT:
curse you for out squeezing me on Yoshimi

did you path it yourself, or use the one i posted in the Pro Bass paths thread?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:

Pathed it myself, though it was more of an impuslive guess really, so I think I got lucky on that one. I don't remember now what the path was. Didn't know about that thread.

And maybe I can get that many FCs someday, if I get better at alt-strumming on the Mustang.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
megallica wrote:

Pathed it myself, though it was more of an impuslive guess really, so I think I got lucky on that one. I don't remember now what the path was. Didn't know about that thread.

And maybe I can get that many FCs someday, if I get better at alt-strumming on the Mustang.

yeah, that thread sort of died, but i did post a few paths on it

and for Yoshimi, i remember testing several different paths that ended up with similar scores, so it's hard to tell what the optimal path really is for it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main riff is pretty fun once you get it down. The transitions from pre-chorus to chorus are tough, jumping from frets 3 to 15 really quickly. I still suck at the solo, getting around 70%, but I could probably up it to the 80s with some well-placed spamming.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's nice about that transition from 3 to 15 is the pull-off to 0 between them which does make it a little easier to do if you stare at your hand during the last bit of the riff before the chorus. I wonder what percentage you'd need to get on solo 2 to get a GS run out of this. So far my 84% doesn't look very close. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
Hitoshura wrote:
megallica wrote:

yeah, that thread sort of died, but i did post a few paths on it

and for Yoshimi, i remember testing several different paths that ended up with similar scores, so it's hard to tell what the optimal path really is for it

It's probably the same one as for standard guitar.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
What's nice about that transition from 3 to 15 is the pull-off to 0 between them which does make it a little easier to do if you stare at your hand during the last bit of the riff before the chorus. I wonder what percentage you'd need to get on solo 2 to get a GS run out of this. So far my 84% doesn't look very close. XD

Yeah, the pull-off does make it easier than it would be without, but I still found myself missing it a lot. I guess with more practice I'd get better at it, like everything else. Usually those kinds of transitions are when they are shifting between two guitar parts, in which case they often allow a short rest to transition, but in this case I think it is all one part, so they just charted what the one guitar is playing.

CoP is very similar in structure to RitD, except for the first solo which doesn't really count for much (like 4k solo bonus for 100%), and I think RitD needed at least the 90%, and possibly the 95% solo bonus (according to RagdollFC, who gold-starred it). So I doubt it's possible with lower than 90% on the solo, and you'd probably have to combo a lot of the solo under OD to get it without the 95% bonus.

jawnintendo wrote:

As far as I can tell, the two main differences in pathing between normal and pro are that:

(1) On pro, there is no overdrive obtained by whammying sustained notes in OD phrases, as there is no whammy bar.

(2) There are no "3-note" chords on pro, with respect to scoring. Notes are worth 60, chords (using from 2 to 6 strings) are worth 120. I'm not sure exactly how sustains work but I imagine they are "single" scoring for notes and "double" scoring for chords.

If there are no whammy notes in the phrases, and no 3-note chords in the legacy chart, then I think the paths would be the same. Otherwise, they are very likely different.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:

As far as I can tell, the two main differences in pathing between normal and pro are that:

(1) On pro, there is no overdrive obtained by whammying sustained notes in OD phrases, as there is no whammy bar.

(2) There are no "3-note" chords on pro, with respect to scoring. Notes are worth 60, chords (using from 2 to 6 strings) are worth 120. I'm not sure exactly how sustains work but I imagine they are "single" scoring for notes and "double" scoring for chords.

If there are no whammy notes in the phrases, and no 3-note chords in the legacy chart, then I think the paths would be the same. Otherwise, they are very likely different.

I'm well aware. AFAIK, none of the phrases have sustains you can whammy, and the only activations for standard are on 3-note chords, but it's also when there's a lot of chords. I'm assuming both paths would be similar on that song, if not identical.

Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIDEO - 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar 546k

It's not a huge milestone, but this is what I'm working on right now. I haven't hit everything in the second solo at full speed yet, but maybe with some work I think a GS is possible. Don't want to think about FC yet until I can at least GS it, but even with a GS I'll be really happy. This song is tough, and the GS cutoff must be quite high because of all the solos. Most of the missed notes in this run were in one or two spots in the second solo. If I can work those sections out, the percentage will go much higher.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK THAT SONG IS SO FUCKING HARD...

HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the sky is the limit for your playing ability. Let's see that GS happen.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: