FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Customs for PS3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 3 Customs for PS3 Reply with quote

Look, I know everyone always says that custom songs are impossible for PS3, but I can't seem to find any evidence that anyone actually tried. I also can't find any information about what methods people tried/didn't try, so my friend and I are going to give it a shot.

Here's our first hurdle, getting a look inside of a PS3 Rock Band song. We can't seem to find a way to move a Rock Band song from his hard drive to a flash drive so I can open it up and compare it to a 360 song. I also can't find any to download. I don't need any particular song, I just want to get my hands on a PS3 song so I can open it up and see what needs done.

The only other option I can think of is going to the PS3 website, legally buying a song and downloading it to the computer, then opening it up using a hacking program. But I don't own a PS3, so I have no clue whether or not that is even possible.

Ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is the best approach. It's like thinking of how to package a CON file without having any idea of who and if you can access any kind of file on the Xbox. First of all you need to get acquainted with how you can hack a PS3 (far more difficult than an Xbox 360, I believe) and find out how you can make the system read unlicensed content (because the DLC you want to replicate won't be signed, obviously). Only after that it make sense to see how a song file works on the PS3 system.

Also, keep in mind that only an unorthodox way of managing files by Harmonix allows us to exploit the cache file, otherwise only a JTAG XBox 360 would be able to read unsigned CON files, which means that you may need a hacked PS3 to do that.
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's just my way of going about things. When I made my first 360 custom, I finished the song entirely, then proceeded to get it working on the console. What I'm getting at is that I'd like to have a trial song before I worry about getting it onto the console.

My guess is that the MID, MOGG, and possibly the Songs.dta files will be exactly the same for PS3. I haven't opened a CON recently, but I'm guessing any other files than those three would either need to be removed or converted. I won't know for sure until I can get a PS3 song on my computer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come back when you have a hacked PS3, which are hard to come by nowadays.

At one point my PS3 was hacked and I did a little bit of RB research. I know that for the DLC, the .mid files are encrypted. I didn't bother to look at the RB1 export though. It didn't cross my mind that those might not be encrypted.

I did rip the RB1 game disc and I still have some of the original files. From what I can tell, the song files are exactly the same as on Xbox 360.

This has been discussed before. Link
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at that thread. I don't understand much about FTP or using the RB2 disc, but I think that designing the songs like the export packs might work. It depends on whether or not the export songs are considered Marketplace/Store Content (which I don't think they are).

What we need are PS3 files that are the equivalent of the 360 "Saved Game" format. I noticed that every custom song on the 360 isn't considered RBN content. They look like it, but they're grouped in the menu with all of the settings and such.

I don't think replacing MIDs will work because the are encrypted in Store Content. I remember spending a month trying to replace MIDs for 360 DLC (with double bass) to no avail.

But, looking at the screenshot, the files do appear to be VERY similar to 360 songs, but who knows what the difference is in those last three files? It's optimistic to think that the only difference is the file extension. Like I said, I would expect the MID, MOGG, DTA, and PNG to be similar if not identical. But I don't know enough about the MILO or BIN to hypothesize what the difference is.

Of course, there's still the issue of getting the file on the PS3. Flash drives can only transfer music, videos, pictures, and most importantly, game saves. That's why I think it's vital that we somehow get the songs to be the same as the 360 "Saved Game".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bin files are not used by rb3. the milo file contains the animations.

you are hoping to do something that others with more experience tried and gave up on. sorry to sound bitch-y but you're kind of asking people to find files for you and figure out things for you, since you don't even have a PS3...to get songs on the PS3?

considering how difficult it is to get a hacked PS3, who would be the audience?

you're assuming that on the Xbox they use the save game .con format for RB1 files / customs and that therefore they do the same on the PS3. i'm fairly certain they do not. why would they? different system, different file formats. I also own RB3 with many DLC on the Wii and the file systems are different and doing customs is different.

last but not least, all the tools out there are for xbox. they use the xbox library files provided by dj shepperd. the tools provided by harmonix also only work for the xbox version...

so, I wish you the best of luck, but you should really do a lot more research and get yourself a hacked PS3 and start doing some dirty work if you want to get anywhere with this...

but hypothesizing that things must be possible (because you want them to be?) isn't going to get you anywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
PolishWeener  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since trojannemo has very clearly pointed out that I have no experience with custom songs whatsoever, that the experts failed to succeed at this, there is no audience for PS3 customs, and formulating ideas is pointless, I am no longer trying to do this. You experts can figure it out.

Good day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no need to be overly dramatic. I am certainly not an expert. I just know enough to know what I can and can't do.

I also never said you have no experience with customs. you have certainly kept talking about doing a lot of things and have put out a couple of things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone wrote:
I don't think this is the best approach. It's like thinking of how to package a CON file without having any idea of who and if you can access any kind of file on the Xbox. First of all you need to get acquainted with how you can hack a PS3 (far more difficult than an Xbox 360, I believe) and find out how you can make the system read unlicensed content (because the DLC you want to replicate won't be signed, obviously). Only after that it make sense to see how a song file works on the PS3 system.

Also, keep in mind that only an unorthodox way of managing files by Harmonix allows us to exploit the cache file, otherwise only a JTAG XBox 360 would be able to read unsigned CON files, which means that you may need a hacked PS3 to do that.

Unsigned CON files? Why would a CON file ever be unsigned? CON files are easily resigned. It's the LIVE files that can't be resigned.
chandler455  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: ps3 customs Reply with quote

I have actually looked at this it works with the same exact files as the xbox customs and seeing as how they are now posting ps2 classics all signed with the same rap files I think we could be able to convert the current customs to ps3 if someone would be interested
[/img]
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: ps3 customs Reply with quote

chandler455 wrote:
I have actually looked at this it works with the same exact files as the xbox customs and seeing as how they are now posting ps2 classics all signed with the same rap files I think we could be able to convert the current customs to ps3 if someone would be interested
[/img]

Unless you've got some solid proof, no one is going to believe you on this, especially since you're a new account.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to be clear, has someone tried using PS3 Jailbreak? I just heard of it and thought that maybe that would help to get things moving in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: