FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/8 DLC: Blitz Singles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the Wii is already dying/dead, and that RB DLC itself is possibly dying, I don't think the "We're making it available for the Wii players" argument has much legs. It's just PR.

Think of Blitz itself as a pack, now they're putting out the singles so that anyone who didn't buy the pack can cherry pick a few songs. No different from Green Day. Just getting a bit more money in on the existing content while they can.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to look at this is that despite Wii being on it's way out, support with Nintendo is still great so hopefully if/when the music store carries over to Wii U, they won't be as far behind to the current consoles as it is now.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Given that the Wii is already dying/dead

nans
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Bront  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
The best way to look at this is that despite Wii being on it's way out, support with Nintendo is still great so hopefully if/when the music store carries over to Wii U, they won't be as far behind to the current consoles as it is now.
It works on the Virtual Wii on the Wii U, but I doubt we'll see a new RB game at this point, so the "next game" on the Wii U isn't an issue.

Songs: Just over 1000.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: 1/8 DLC: Blitz Singles Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Wii™ on January 8th, 2013:

• Pumped Up Kids by Foster The People (O)

• These Days by Foo Fighters

• Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera (O)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 9th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Foster the People Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• P.W.M.O. by Shylo Elliott (80 MSP)

• Für Elise (Beethoven) by Magnefora (80 MSP/$0.99)

• My Parasite by Evile (160 MSP)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing week, even after reading the explanation on the official site. I was particularly irritated by:

Quote:
"5. Why aren’t you releasing all the Blitz songs at once?

Releasing large batches of songs requires a ton of production bandwidth, both for our DLC team and for 1st party testers. Even though these songs were previously available in Blitz, releasing them as singles still requires additional testing and submission time that wasn’t available while developing other titles. "

This is just a flat out PR move or a lie. The tracks are already available for export, have been played/playtested by the many happy fans that bought Blitz and played the songs in RB3, and very few complaints have come up. Saying that you are doing it for cherry picking or for Wii users is a legitimate, if weak argument, but saying that you cannot release the rest of the Blitz library as singles as it requires additional testing is just wrong. This is akin to an automobile kit maker putting out a new kit for a car with all the parts, then selling parts of the kit later and claiming the need for development time. If the product was finished enough to sell and export before, extra time will have absolutely minimal impact on releasing it as stand alone DLC. By making this announcement they are flat out telling us there will be less new content in the foreseeable future, which while sad, is to be expected 6 years in. If they had simply amended 5 to read as follows I would have excused it, but this was just a poor choice.

My version of 5:
Releasing new content every week for an older franchise, while desired by our fans, has simply not been feasible in light of all of our new IPs. We try to bring you new content as fast as we can develop it, but releasing them as singles still requires additional testing and submission time that wasn’t available while developing other titles.

See, a straight answer like that would have been completely plausible and understandable. We get that RB is not the cash generator it once was and that you have developed lots of new stuff which is happily making money for you. Just be honest and don't lie to your fan base is all I am asking.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: