FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/30 DLC: Andrew W.K. and Hot Chelle Rae
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Or maybe Cracked lists are just always poorly written and researched and this is just one example of that.

Don't forget biased and hypocritical. They once ran an article about music snobbery and how everyone has different definitions of good and bad and that no one has any right to tell you what you should/shouldn't listen to, and IN THE SAME DAMN PARAGRAPH said "oh by the way, [band I can't remember] are shit, and you're an idiot for thinking otherwise" or words to that effect.

I used to like Cracked but they jumped the shark a long time ago. Their articles used to be informative and humorous, but now they just come across as smug, written by people that think possessing all this useless information makes their completely irrelevant opinions better than everyone else's.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:
Or maybe Cracked lists are just always poorly written and researched and this is just one example of that.

Don't forget biased and hypocritical. They once ran an article about music snobbery and how everyone has different definitions of good and bad and that no one has any right to tell you what you should/shouldn't listen to, and IN THE SAME DAMN PARAGRAPH said "oh by the way, [band I can't remember] are shit, and you're an idiot for thinking otherwise" or words to that effect.

I used to like Cracked but they jumped the shark a long time ago. Their articles used to be informative and humorous, but now they just come across as smug, written by people that think possessing all this useless information makes their completely irrelevant opinions better than everyone else's.

John Cheese is good though.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
xdentalwarx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:

Way to miss the point of the article. Props.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
(Fun fact: They're the first multi-member band to have a No. 1 song on the Billboard 100 since 2001), all of the sudden We Are Young looks great.

I wracked my brain trying to figure out how Cracked is defining "multi-member band" to make this claim. Maroon 5, Coldplay and Plain White T's have all had No.1 singles between 2001 and 2012.

Good point, I didn't think of that. Maybe there is a genre qualifier they left out? "First multi-member non-pop band"? I wouldn't describe fun. as pop at all. Or maybe it's just poor writing, maybe "one of the only multi-member bands" is what should have been written. Who knows.

But my point stands, they were a surprise as a pop hit and even though I've grown tired of We Are Young, I hope it sells well in Rock Band and they can do something as exciting as Aim and Ignite in the future.

Totally. I don't want to take anything away from fun., they're rad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:

Yeah, probably. Optimistic me wanted another explanation, since I find Cracked funny/entertaining. :P But I guess I need to come to terms with their wrongness most of the time.

John Cheese is still the best though.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: 12/30 DLC: Andrew W.K. and Hot Chelle Rae Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii™ on December 30th, 2012;
Available on PlayStation®3 system January 8th, 2013:

• Party Hard by Andrew W.K. (O)

• Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae (O)

• Raise Your Glass by Pink (O)

• We Are Young by fun. featuring Janelle Monae (O)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 23rd, 2013)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Miracle by Nonpoint

• Lately by Day of Fire

• Kid's Gonna Rock by The Stanleys

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Two Thousand Eight Hundred by Sacred Mother Tongue (160 MSP)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: