FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best way of hitting semi-fast bass notes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srzfernando  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Best way of hitting semi-fast bass notes? Reply with quote

Any ideas on how to his bass notes that are on songs like Indestructible, the Wicker Man or Are You Dead Yet? I don't really have much trouble with slower but constant notes (like 25 or 6 to 4) or faster notes (Painkiller), but with this, after like 10-15 sec it all goes downhill and I start missing a lot.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Last edited by PinkiePie91 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Accent every time it switches frets helps.

He's talking about drums, not bass or guitar.

I'd say that the "faster" stuff you can do, like Painkiller, is broken up. You're having trouble with fast, constant streams of notes. If you can do stuff like 25 or 6 to 4 relatively well, then you're almost there. Just keep playing the songs you're having trouble with, and the endurance will build. It's really just a matter of pushing your endurance to the next level.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:
Accent every time it switches frets helps.

He's talking about drums, not bass or guitar.

I'd say that the "faster" stuff you can do, like Painkiller, is broken up. You're having trouble with fast, constant streams of notes. If you can do stuff like 25 or 6 to 4 relatively well, then you're almost there. Just keep playing the songs you're having trouble with, and the endurance will build. It's really just a matter of pushing your endurance to the next level.
God I'm tired as hell, well I'm an idiot. But basically what he said.
Mosho  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at exactly the same spot as you a few months back. I did 25 or 6 to 4 ad nauseum. I like the song, but I still cringe when I pass it on the list.

Disturbed songs (Asylum, Another Way To Die, Indestructible) are also very nice to practice bass in that they are very simple otherwise. I did them a lot too and am proud to say that I can finally hit the bass fast enough and consistently enough to do the chorus in Another Way To Die. I also use a DW 9000 pedal with a TD-9 drum kit, not sure if it makes it easier or harder, but it definitely is different.

The point is, you need a ton of practice. Nothing else to it. Simple but tiresome at times..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: