FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
activating with the midi pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shik4maru  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: activating with the midi pro Reply with quote

hey guys,

Just wondered if some of you play with the midi pro and a keyboard.

I really love playing rb with my keyboard, but there is just one thing that makes me play on the rb3 keyboard :
activating with the madcatz midi pro adapter is just a PITA. That button is too tiny to activate with the foot, and activating with a finger is not really easy since you have to get the midi pro at a reachable place, and on top of that that button is not really easy to trigger compared to the rb3 keyboard

I was wondering if there could be a midi signal triggering the od event. I tried plugging my pedal on every possible place on my DX7 but none of these actually work.

As an alternative, I thought of modding the midi pro to a pedal so that I could launch overdrive, but I’m not sure about how to do this either :/

I have another keyboard there where I can reassign knobs to various functions, will try to get through them but if you guys have an idea it would be great
shik4maru  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, couldn’t find the right signal, but I plugged the rb3 keyboard into my midi soundcard and listened to the signals sent with kmidimon

it turns out the button does not trigger a signal at all, but a pedal plugged into a midi jack acts as a standard sustain pedal, but the midi pro seems to ignore the sustain signal :/

found that http://docsrockbandmods.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4353

hope it helps, but I would be glad to know if there are alternatives
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to resort to surgery to make mine work. Lost it in a house fire this past Mother's Day and haven't recreated it yet.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229416&highlight=skyp1e+sustain
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just clip the MPC onto my pants and hit my hip to activate. It's not the easiest for score (activation and whammy are no longer right next to each other) but it's more fun.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: activating with the midi pro Reply with quote

shik4maru wrote:
As an alternative, I thought of modding the midi pro to a pedal so that I could launch overdrive, but I’m not sure about how to do this either :/

I don't have a MPA but I assume the OD button is a button, if you like disaembling things and modding things, you could probably solder a wire on the mainboard of the MPA and put a mini jack in? It's probably doable. I'd consider getting a second MPA for that if you think of trying this, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, a button is a button. I wonder if anyone actually tried this. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: