FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RBN Undercover (Cover song project)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SingleWhiteInfid  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: RBN Undercover (Cover song project) Reply with quote

(crossposted from http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232518)

First off, all credit for the idea goes to RhythmBastard. He just asked that "writers more skilled" make the RB forum post, and he got me. Sorry!

If anyone here is a fan of The Onion A.V. Club, you're probably familiar with the Undercover series. In short, a bunch of mildly-popular bands come in, one after another, to cover songs from wildly-popular bands. But the songs come from a list, and that list is dwindled down over the series' run. Pretty quickly, bands get stuck with songs that make for kinda funny and really interesting tracks.

So if you replace "bands" with "RBN bands", you get what we're going for. We want to bring the far ends of RBN together, getting obscure punk bands to play mega-hit pop songs or whatever ends up happening. Something to show the diverse character of the Network in a fun and potentially ridiculous way. Obviously, these songs aren't for authoring to RBN, this is just for Youtube sort of publicity and the general community fun of being musicians.

There's already a few author-artists interested, but while we construct the final artist list we're going to need a song list. That's what this thread is for! We will be putting a lot of the popular stuff on the list- "Higher", "Bodies", "Blue (Da Ba Dee)", what have you- but we also want to have "cult classics" and generally interesting stuff to throw on the list too. And of course, it's always best to get more opinions.

So aside from saying "this is cool, it's happening", we want your help to build the list. What popular (or semi-popular) RBN songs would you like to see covered? Try and keep your picks to about 10 max, and do remember that people are gonna try to do these songs for real so... be reasonable, I guess. As things narrow down we'll start grouping suggestions into categories in such a way that we get a nice, diverse selection for the bands. I will note that this isn't a democracy, primarily so that none of the bands will know too far ahead what's coming. Half the fun is the surprise.

Heyyou. Go get Single White Infidel's songs on RBN. Or like, whatever.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giant Bombstep, All Bodies, Discord (The Living Tombstone's Remix), Africa, Believing, The Complexity of Light, Creatures ov Deception, Push Push (Lady Lightning), Talk Them Down, Trippolette.

There's my 10!

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S/H(im)e[r], Heavy Weather, In The Wake of Evolution, Business Time, By Your Command, Dawn of a Million Souls, Xenochrist, Madness, Diamond Eyes (Rishloo), Impulse
Chucklestyle  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Name's Horatio, You Got Me, You Ain't Got Nobody Else, So Deal With It, And Love It.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
Pig-serpent  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feathergun, planet smasher, S/H(im)e[r], creatures ov deception, push push (lady lightning), Arcadion...

all I can think of for now.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll repost what I posted in the RB thread:
Paul and Storm covering Push Push Lady Lightning
Lemon Demon covering Amazing Horse
Jonathan Coulton covering Blue (Da Ba Dee)
Amberian Dawn covering Discord
Thomas Walker covering Buster Voodoo
Parry Gripp covering Cheesy Pop Song
Andromeda covering The Touch
Bang Camero covering Drunken Lullabies
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaotrope, Mystaykin, Bluefusion, and Single White Infidel would be likely picks to cover songs or be covered.

Rishloo, Halcyon Way, Amberian Dawn, Asking Alexandria, Devin Townsend, Rose of Jericho, and Jukebox the Ghost all have full albums on the RBN and were featured artists frequently, in addition to Between the Buried and Me, which SH has a rather... emphatic relationship with.

As for SH cult classics, Trppolette, Creatures ov Deception, Believing, The Epic part 3.7, any Andromeda song, In the Wake of Evolution, Pressure Cooker, or any Anarchy Club song.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
Single White Infidel

Jeff Webster has already said he's likely doing one.

I'll get a list of my own.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buster Voodoo
He Sleeps in a Grove
Guitar Sound
The Complexity of Light
Creatures ov Deception
DEFINETLY one of the Devin Townsend tracks
Selkies

Those are the classics of the RBN for me. As for who might be playing the songs, I bet Rainbowdragoneyes would do one if you asked. Would like to see Rose of Jericho in there as well.

This sounds cool as hell, definitely looking forward to the final project.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
SingleWhiteInfid  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think someone's gonna be able to cover Buster Voodoo? :P

We are working out the final details for this, so stay tuned.

Heyyou. Go get Single White Infidel's songs on RBN. Or like, whatever.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleWhiteInfid wrote:
Do you really think someone's gonna be able to cover Buster Voodoo? :P

If he's allowed to add random pointless note walls and a stupid drum part, I'm sure Chaotrope guy can do it!

Someone needs to cover Potential for Anything. That's the only thing I can think of.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have the best cover of "Coelacanths" ever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: