FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Synchrony underrated?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilkini  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Synchrony underrated? Reply with quote

I use this exclusively and get paid big for it. Most of my tracks scores are over 100k and it's as simple as flicking the left and right triggers either at the same time on the bar line or quick enough to switch to a specific track that you want to move a note further up the multiplier.

It's also great for blast notes on bar lines because you can trip them easily while not losing your groove on the new track. Even before a song and after it ends you can use it without any notes for 500 points a pop.

Jsut wondering if I'm the odd one out since I see almost everyone using Super Guitar but with scores usually under 20k. It's tedious, but feels like it should be a staple of hardcore grinding. Just check out my (at the moment) 1st place in Still Alive. It's a simple song to do well in, but using Synchrony is the thing that boosted me up.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the powerups thread. Merge this with that one if necessary.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ton of PSN 1sts using sync. and another friend is 1st on about 1/2 of the RB2 imports on psn and he never used Jackpot on any of them.

Sync is really good with bandmate/flame or pinball

ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been improved since launch, and I guess since then a lot of people haven't really got used to using it now that it's a worthwhile power-up. I certainly haven't. I'm still an advocate of the classic Road Rage/Blast Note/Super x combo. Won't get me first on any songs, but it always feels good to GS songs using it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the appeal of sync... if it didn't take out the note that you switched to. I'm pretty sure it didn't before the buff, but now it does and it annoys the living hell out of me because it breaks my jackpots (I keep messing up and hitting the note it breaks and then i overhit and mess up ) (and speaking as a non-jack/flame user, one mistake will cost you a ton on the leaderboards nowadays compared to jack/flame users) and in addition, means less points on them because no Super points.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doesn't beat the potential of Jack+Flame (especially once you learn how to manipulate when and where flame notes appear), and other than godly pinball skills (one track songs excluded), nothing does. When I replay a song with J+F that I previously used anything else on, more often than not I double my last score. It's hard to use anything else with those kind of results.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Still doesn't beat the potential of Jack+Flame (especially once you learn how to manipulate when and where flame notes appear), and other than godly pinball skills (one track songs excluded), nothing does. When I replay a song with J+F that I previously used anything else on, more often than not I double my last score. It's hard to use anything else with those kind of results.

Both Pinball and Bandmate/Flame combos can outclass jackpot and they pair nicely with Sync, while Sync is completely useless with Jackpot. The majority of the top scores on Always did not use Jack/Flame. I sure as hell didn't. Most of the top scores that my friends got on the RB2 imports did not use Jackpot. Except songs like Panic Attack and Painkiller.

Jackpot/Flame is a killer combo, but it isn't the end all be all combo to use for every single song.

There are some songs where even Jackpot/Blast notes are far more effective than Jack/Flame. My 723k on Diamond Eyes and 768k on Wicker Man were Jack/Blast.

Also note that if you are using Sync you are giving up Blitz Mode. effectively using sync is likely to break combo/intentionally overhit for the 1.5k your getting per sync. So if you normally get a really high blitz bonus..take that into consideration

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackpot/Flame does jack (no pun intended) DYFLWD, songs with very long solos or breaks in between instruments (GG&HT), or sustain heavy songs, as well as dense tracks like Five Magics.

Sync, on quite a few songs if you play it right, can effectively erase Blitz and make it over (and more).

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been beating many Jack/Fame 1st scores using Bandmate/Flame and you can pair it with sync.

Bandmate/Flame actually outclasses it if you are good at keeping the flames lit the whole time, and it can be completely game breaking if you really know how to use it well.

I'd like to see someone on PS3 beat my Steady As She Goes score(481k) using Jackpot/Flame.

and obviously Bandmate/Flame destroys 3 lane songs.

On 5 lane songs however Jack/Flame is much better because it's a lot more difficult to keep the flames going for long enough when you are playing on a 5 lane track.

So 4 lane = band/flame
5 lane = jack/flame

there are obvious exceptions though like everything else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: