FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Blitz - Locked Power-Ups Format

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should power-ups be selected for "locked" RB Blitz leagues?
One combination of power-ups per league
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
A different combination per weekly round
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
A different combination per song
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 31

JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Rock Band Blitz - Locked Power-Ups Format Reply with quote

The most unique aspect to Rock Band Blitz are power-ups, and we would like to provide leagues that highlight and reward the different skill sets required to master their use.

There's several ways we can do this:
  1. Per league power-ups: The entire league requires use of the same set of predetermined power-ups.
  2. Per round power-ups: A different combination of power-ups is chosen each round (i.e. for 4 songs per week).
  3. Per song power-ups: A different combination of power-ups is chosen for every song in the league.

There's pros and cons to each and I'd like to poll and discuss your thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be per song power-ups. It'd make it truly challenging and unique, and a good way to test someone's skill, even if it's something like Bottle Rocket/Pinball/Sync.

Of course, the only concern would be for songs that don't have a particular instrument. But if you have a drawing for a song like, say, Bang Your Head, and Super Keys comes up, just do a random drawing of the third powerup while excluding the missing instrument.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
I think it should be per song power-ups. It'd make it truly challenging and unique, and a good way to test someone's skill, even if it's something like Bottle Rocket/Pinball/Sync.

Of course, the only concern would be for songs that don't have a particular instrument. But if you have a drawing for a song like, say, Bang Your Head, and Super Keys comes up, just do a random drawing of the third powerup while excluding the missing instrument.
Yep I agree totally with both of your points. Requiring bizarre (read: unused) powerup combinations like that is one of the things that would make this the most fun I think.
TriadSamurai  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I invite my friend to my team?
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriadSamurai wrote:
How can I invite my friend to my team?

Wat

I personally think getting four different combinations going per week would be too much to think about. Weekly combinations would be fun and interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you suck at the game and don't have the coinage to be throwing at power ups? What if you can only play offline, making power ups unusable?

Just a thought.

Also, will there ever be 'no power up' selected? For example: -Bottle Rocket, Flame Notes, No Power Up- or -No Power Up, Pinball, Super Guitar-
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire-Jekyll wrote:
What if you suck at the game and don't have the coinage to be throwing at power ups? What if you can only play offline, making power ups unusable?

Just a thought.

Also, will there ever be 'no power up' selected? For example: -Bottle Rocket, Flame Notes, No Power Up- or -No Power Up, Pinball, Super Guitar-

If you can only play offline I honestly don't understand why one would get this game since it's so online dependant. I can not see us running a no power up league just for the people with too few coins or offline only people because they are in such a minority and there aren't a lot of people to start with.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a different combo per song would be the best since it allows the people who havent really figured out the game as much as others to be on a fair level. If it restricts what you ca do then it makes more sense (at least to me)

I will make note that this may be the first poll I have seen on SH. Cool to see one finally after 6 years
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that a power-up per song is the best setup. It would make every song different and make certain people more likely to succeed on different songs in the same week. If we kept one set per week, there's the possiblility that someone gets a set of power-ups that they just can't use well.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: