FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Amplifier for low sensitivity DIY mods | Easy & Cheap
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malchom  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SixStringedBass wrote:
One thing that I noticed in your op is that if you want a range of 1-5, you actually want a potentiometer of 4x your R1 value due to the fact that amplification is defined as 1 + r2/r1. So having a 5x r1 value will give you a 6x range.

You are absolutely right , I have fixed the post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malchom wrote:
Dunno if this is eligible for sticky?

Great job on figuring this out and posting a great tutorial. I have included it in the Drum Modding 101 sticky thread which I am helping dcos15 maintain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
Great job on figuring this out and posting a great tutorial. I have included it in the Drum Modding 101 sticky thread which I am helping dcos15 maintain.

Well thank you very much! I figured it's the best way to pay back the community after all the help i got from it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was gone on vacation for about a month, hence the lack of a full update
and the final result. I started another thread to show off the finished set, and added a picture to this thread to show what a finished circuit looks like hooked to my set.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=314162

It's working very well, needed minor adjustments that could only be done through trial and error but it was all well worth it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would something like this work on a stock RB2 set? No mods at all?
Malchom  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adsee wrote:
Would something like this work on a stock RB2 set? No mods at all?

I'm not sure... I have not tested this on RB2 sets

My guess is that the result will be the same. One main issue comes up in that case is that the RB2 set is velocity sensitive so the wiring must be different and even if you manage, you would have huge sensitivity adjustments to do...

I read that the RB2 set is very sensitive to hits in stock form since it is velocity sensitive. So this mod is not necessary for modding RB2 sets IMO.

An unmodded RB2 set with detection problem is probably something else than piezo signals... Perhaps your piezos or pads are broken/cracked...

In a nutshell, its at your own risks for RB2 sets...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have any trouble getting this to work off the 5V usb? I used the LM324 instead and it works fine with a 9V battery but for whatever reason it won't work with the usb power.
Malchom  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is getting all it's power from the USB 5V

Make sure your ground is grounded and that the current is going in the right direction

A voltmeter is your friend too :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much given up on this for the time being. I put the circuit together and it was just didn't work how I wanted it to. I couldn't tell if it was a sensitivity issue or a design issue, but if I hit one pad all of them would trigger. I could blow on it and it would go off. I don't know if you came across anything like that.

So, for the time being I put my old heads with neoprene back on and will eventually get a RB2 set for the mesh heads. I'm just tired of screwing with it for now.
Malchom  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah i have come accross that issue, you need to make sure your resistors a set accordingly.

I can set my heads so they detect anything, i have a huge gain range, going from 1 to 50 maximum. Now that it's done, it's overkill because most of my heads are set very near a gain of 1 :P

I had the issue when i had inversed my resistors and the circuit would just amp signal ridiculously high because the gain was all wrong. if you are sure your resitors are set correctly, and amp is ridiculous, try lowering the gain set very low as close to 1 as possible...

I understand frustration electric circuits can bring, I stopped on my circuit a while before starting to work on it again and a lot of testing came into play before actually making the final circuit. So many things can go wrong, faulty components, bad soldering joints, wrong placement, etc...

Getting a voltmeter (analog, with a needle is better) is extremely important so you can see how much amplification is applied and test without endangering your set, console and at the same time making it a lot faster to test than hitting the pads and see results on the game or computer.

EDIT : I forgot you cant go below 1 in gain... after 2 months i forgot all the theory already :P

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures accompanying the guide aren't showing. Any chance of them being uploaded again?
Malchom  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, it seems I forgot to pay for my domain name renewal....

Fixing it ASAP

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you're still around and have these pics? I'd really like to see them so I can build this. I bought an LM358 and I have 2x10K resistors just to test it with but I can't seem to get it to work and i'm using a 12V input for now.

I can even host the pics if need be
lenr  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: anyone have the original circuit diagram? Reply with quote

Hi, i have triggers which are too soft, anyone perhaps have a copy of the schematics mentioned in the original post, i just a simple amplifier (pre-amp) to boost the output from the triggers.
Or if you have built something similar, please let me know.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: