FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
One Vision (Rock Band 2 version) impossible to GS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zage1337  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: One Vision (Rock Band 2 version) impossible to GS? Reply with quote

I've played this song 13 times and so far the best I've managed was 271,353 with only 5 stars.

Looking at the Duke meter I am nowhere CLOSE to Gold Stars on this song and this is the 4th highest score overall.

I tried everything with Bandmate, Flame Notes, Super Guitar but even 5*ing this song requires luck with Flame Notes.

The only way I can see getting GS on this song is by pure luck with Flame Notes.

I am only speaking for the Rock Band 2 version but I'm sure the RB3 version is the same if not even more difficult for being a 5 lane track vs 4 lane.

The first checkpoint is impossible to level up thanks to forcing you a choice to level up either Bass or Vocals once.

There is a dual solo (Drums/Guitar) and just like Child in Time and Tuesday's Gone..this dual solo apparently makes the cut-off extremely stupid.

I thought Child in Time was impossible but was quickly proven wrong.

I was also thinking if we should make a breakdown of the hardest/un gs'd songs in Rock Band Blitz.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try it later on jackpot/blast/guitar. Always use jackpot for tough-to-gold songs. Regarding the dual solo, if it occurs at the beginning of the song, then just get 90% on one and enough of the other to level up the track (the levels up will outweigh the 10k you lose for the solo fc). If it occurs near the end of the song, try to fc one and completely ignore the other (20,000 on one is better than 5,000 on each or 10k on one and 5k on one).
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I can't get it with my high score being 296k in 3rd place but the right jackpot/flamenote combo can get it. 347k seems to be first - im certain that enough for gold

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's a few things that seem to work for this song as I've just discovered having just got the GS a few minutes ago:

Firstly, I used Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Drums. Drums seems to work exceedingly well purely because of the last minute of the song.

Now, you CAN get an x1 off the very first checkpoint but it pretty much requires a decently placed blast note towards the tail end of it so as to catch both bass and vox. I did get the x1 on a few previous runs, but on this GS run I didn't so it isn't exactly imperative. If you can do it though, its only going to help immensely for the ending.

Basically I just bounced back and forth between the lanes for the next checkpoint, making sure that I at least have drums maxed out asap, preferably bass as well, while at the same time picking up all the OD along the way. My first jackpot activation was during the OD chord sustain on guitar and I'd just bounce between guitar and vox after the sustains were done for the remainder of the OD (hence why I made sure that at least drums was maxed for the remainder of the checkpoint, because I wasn't going to go back there anytime soon).

For the next checkpoint, just the same thing really except that I held onto the Jackpot for the long guitar sustain that follows the lone-vox section. You'll end up having to hit some more vox before that runs out, but once that runs out you can pick up the OD on vox, and then the upcoming OD in the guitar solo for another activation which I spent on drums immediately after the guitar solo ended. It MAY be worth looking into just holding onto that jackpot for the fast part of the guitar solo and then jumping to drums afterwards as you'll probably still overlap the OD in the upcoming drum section. I only just thought of that as I type this up, but it might be worth a look in.

From there, I just stayed on drums until it stopped being interesting, then hung around on bass. Between the point in which OD runs out there and the dualing solos you'll easily have a full bar which I spent on the drum solo. It'll run out before the OD in the drum solo, pick that up and IMMEDIATELY switch to the guitar solo. Picking up the OD there gives you a full bar, and just chill there long enough to get the additional x3 on guitar before switching back to drums and just stay there. You can time your last jackpot deployment for right on the 3rd cap increase on drums after the last checkpoint and still have it run out before the end of the song.

Now, that was the basic gist of what I did to get GS. You'll have to tinker around with the song a little to really get it down, and to be honest my GS run had some mess ups along the way (I think that first Jackpot deployment might be worth tinkering around with too), but Super Drums appears to be key if you're just looking for the GS. GS ticked over at about 327k during my finale bonuses, so I just scraped in for sure.

That was fun

For the record, I did try flame notes myself, and there's just a bit too much going on for me to maintain flame notes and jackpots simultaneously, to the point where I failed to 5* the song heh. You probably could still get it with flame notes with enough time/effort/mad lane switching skillz, but it probably isn't worth the trauma. Best to keep flame notes on the much slower songs in my opinion.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
zage1337  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind the song isn't impossible after all. Thanks a lot psxfreak101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: