FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Chances of More "Original Versions"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BatDan  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: The Chances of More "Original Versions" Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I picked up Rock Band Blitz to see if the rhythm bug will bite again (it did). I re-downloaded all my DLC and noticed that there were a lot of covers in the early days (I stopped downloading songs around the end of 2008, so I have years of catch up. My limit is no RBN).

Looking through, five of the covers have been "replaced" with original versions. So what are the chances of more of them?
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say some are more likely than others. For example, we could easily get the Original Version of Sweet Leaf since we know that those masters exist thanks to GH. Also, T.Rex and Bowie masters have surfaced since the time of RB1 so masters for Bang a Gong and Heroes are very possible.

However, some others are very unlikely. Guitar Hero had to get a re-record of Cherry Bomb because of lack of masters, and I'm thinking that My Sharona got a Pro upgrade because Harmonix somehow knew they weren't likely to get the original any time soon. So it all depends.

Personally I'm holding out for Juke Box Hero (Original Version). We already got two tracks from 4 so here's hoping.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only song that needs an Original Version is Ten Speed.

There was no reason ever for that abomination of a cover.

BatDan  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
I'd say some are more likely than others. For example, we could easily get the Original Version of Sweet Leaf since we know that those masters exist thanks to GH. Also, T.Rex and Bowie masters have surfaced since the time of RB1 so masters for Bang a Gong and Heroes are very possible.

However, some others are very unlikely. Guitar Hero had to get a re-record of Cherry Bomb because of lack of masters, and I'm thinking that My Sharona got a Pro upgrade because Harmonix somehow knew they weren't likely to get the original any time soon. So it all depends.

Personally I'm holding out for Juke Box Hero (Original Version). We already got two tracks from 4 so here's hoping.

They found Sabbath masters? Wow. *goes to see them* Oh they're all Master of Reality. Maybe an album release of that? If they'll allow themselves to appear on RB since Paranoid didn't import.

Are you referring to the Bowie master that were covers? The only covers were Queen Bitch and Heroes, everything else was a master track.

I'm hoping Train Kept a Rollin' shows up, if Aerosmith will allow it. It's not like their exclusive deal still exists.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not related to the OV thing but honestly, no RBN?

You're just gonna throw away any chance of playing Anamanaguchi (and other chiptune, notably Active Knowledge and Rainbowdragoneyes), Fang Island, Bankai, Rishloo, Periphery, An Endless Sporadic, Children of Nova, the Meat Boy and VVVVVV songs, Andromeda, Devin Townsend, Brain Kahanek, Steve Vai, Bumblefoot, Giraffes! Giraffes?, Between the Buried and Me, Prototype and Andrew Buch?

Okay.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he's asking about original versions of mainly classic rock songs, I'd guess a lot of those don't appeal.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragoonXD wrote:
Since he's asking about original versions of mainly classic rock songs, I'd guess a lot of those don't appeal.

It's hard to base anything off of only what's in as covers though. There's only a small set of them and with the exception of Beetlebum, the last cover, they're all older songs released at the very start of RB DLC when RB may not have had the reach it did in the post-RB2 era or even now. We all know how much harder it was to reach out to these older bands for their not always existent masters.

I'm sure SOMETHING in that list would appeal to him anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine replacing covers with masters is only slightly more likely than getting more RB3 versions, considering the last one we got (as I recall) was Number of the Beast back in Iron Maiden Pack 01. It seems like an extremely low priority for Harmonix, but at least they seem plausible should Harmonix reach out to those particular bands again, while sadly RB3 versions seem to be gone for good due to the initial community backlash.

FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
I'd imagine replacing covers with masters is only slightly more likely than getting more RB3 versions, considering the last one we got (as I recall) was Number of the Beast back in Iron Maiden Pack 01. It seems like an extremely low priority for Harmonix, but at least they seem plausible should Harmonix reach out to those particular bands again, while sadly RB3 versions seem to be gone for good due to the initial community backlash.

Last one we got was Fortunate Son (Original Version) in the big CCR pack. And yeah, I imagine they're lower priority than all new songs, so I only expect replacements to happen in big packs like that.

Still perplexed we haven't gotten a master of Juke Box Hero though, especially with all the Foreigner we've gotten lately.
BatDan  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Not related to the OV thing but honestly, no RBN?

You're just gonna throw away any chance of playing Anamanaguchi (and other chiptune, notably Active Knowledge and Rainbowdragoneyes), Fang Island, Bankai, Rishloo, Periphery, An Endless Sporadic, Children of Nova, the Meat Boy and VVVVVV songs, Andromeda, Devin Townsend, Brain Kahanek, Steve Vai, Bumblefoot, Giraffes! Giraffes?, Between the Buried and Me, Prototype and Andrew Buch?

Okay.

I don't know, just being weird I guess.

It's not that I'm asking specifically about classic rock, it's just that most of the covers are classic rock. Still, low priority. Gotcha.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of no RBN, I can understand why you'd ignore that at first. There's a monumental amount of DLC available, so it's better to know what you want from the main stuff before you explore the jungle of variation that is the Rock Band Network.

...But if I had to recommend any DLC from RBN I'd go for anything from old GH games for nostalgia as well as "The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)" by Bankai as it's ridiculously fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
On the subject of no RBN, I can understand why you'd ignore that at first. There's a monumental amount of DLC available, so it's better to know what you want from the main stuff before you explore the jungle of variation that is the Rock Band Network.

...But if I had to recommend any DLC from RBN I'd go for anything from old GH games for nostalgia as well as "The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)" by Bankai as it's ridiculously fun.
Ditto, you may not want to "catch up" by downloading ALL rbn dlc, but you shouldn't write it off completely, there are some hidden gems, and they're not all complete unknowns, there are some bigger bands with RBN songs as well. You might want to just go to the Store page and sort by artist name and you can scroll through and see if there's anything that interests you.
BatDan  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I'll still consider the RBN.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's several of the covers that will probably never get released as original versions (because the masters probably don't have separated tracks, if they're not lost entirely).

Last Train to Clarksville by The Monkees comes immediately to mind. I'm pretty sure Mississippi Queen from RB1 also falls into this bucket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: