FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Solos & 100%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Solos & 100% Reply with quote

Alright, maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm not noticing it, but has anyone else been running into problems where they hit every note in a solo and aren't getting the 100% credit for it?

It's happened to me on a few songs this morning as I grind out the RB2 goal, but most infuriatingly happened on You Oughta Know's outro solo. I hit every note (I switched early to make sure because I was thinking maybe I was missing a note on the line or something beforehand), hit every single note (no drops in the Blitz meter), and finished with an awesome, costing me 10k points (and gold). :/

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Solos & 100% Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Alright, maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm not noticing it, but has anyone else been running into problems where they hit every note in a solo and aren't getting the 100% credit for it?

It's happened to me on a few songs this morning as I grind out the RB2 goal, but most infuriatingly happened on You Oughta Know's outro solo. I hit every note (I switched early to make sure because I was thinking maybe I was missing a note on the line or something beforehand), hit every single note (no drops in the Blitz meter), and finished with an awesome, costing me 10k points (and gold). :/

The blitz meter isnt necessarily a good indicator since you can get 100% on the solo even with overhits (and thus blitz drops). The most obvious situation would be missing the first note of the solo (which is often covered up by the checkpoint), but of course you say you are parked in teh lane before the solo starts. Maybe you are moving off before the last note of the solo, for some songs the last note can be pretty close to other note in other lanes when they come back in. Ultimately what is the percentage saying that should be the arbiter of whether or not you hit 100% of the notes according to the game. Ive not personally seen a case where I have had 100% displayed at the end of the solo and it gave me awesome/10k.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either that, or it's possible you may be missing one note and not realizing it..it's not always apprent since you don't necessarily lose blitz and there's no indicator if you don't. All of the above happen to me from time to time.
espher  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Either that, or it's possible you may be missing one note and not realizing it..it's not always apprent since you don't necessarily lose blitz and there's no indicator if you don't. All of the above happen to me from time to time.

Well, to clarify, for the Blitz meter, I mean I don't lose one of the three... thirds that you can "lose" for misses in Blitz mode. I'm in the lane, hit everything, stay in the lane until the solo ends, and I'm still at the same status in the Blitz meter that I was going in (full, 2/3rds, or 1/3rd). The percentage is definitely less than 100%, so I'm just not sure what's happening. It didn't happen again after that post, so idk if I was just tired and not seeing what I was missing, or what. :/

Just frustrating because I'm sure I'm hitting every note that's in the track, and I was doing everything to minimize the potential for misses/whatever, and there's no audio cut-out/Blitz meter downtick to tell me I've missed.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's usually a first note miss when this happens. I had it happen to me on one of the RB2 songs.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Kane40  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just played You Oughta Know (for the RB2 goal), and got 100% on the outro solo (20k) so dunno what happened with you :/

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: