FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need advice on gettin gold on my last 3 songs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Need advice on gettin gold on my last 3 songs. Reply with quote

I came by most of the gold stars fairly easy. Just these final 3 are being a pain.

Diamond Eys, Give It Away, and Spoonman. Ive played each one upwards twenty times with various power up combos.

I achived gold on all the other songs with either:
Blast Notes, Jack Pot, and Super (which ever instument was appropriate) or
Blast Notes, Road Rage, and Super (which ever instument was appropriate)
I dont understand how Ive seen people claim Shout is the hardest to gold
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread might help you: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35530

I just golded these three songs yesterday, they were in my final group as well (Shout was done around the halfway point, though I focused that expecting it to be the very hardest).

For all three I'm fairly certain that I used Jackpot / Blast Notes / Super Guitar. But I've heard of some people having success on Spoonman using Bottle Rocket (shooting the rocket mostly during the "Spoonman, come together with your hands" parts) and using Super Vocals on Give it Away. Actually the top Spoonman score on ScoreHero says they used Pinball... you could also try that (that powerup is absurdly overpowered if you're quick enough to keep up with it ). Since Diamond Eyes and Give it Away both have a lot of notes you could probably also try both with Road Rage and only move off of the Super chart to hit blast notes and OD (it's what finally worked for me and others on Cult of Personality, it's probably a good rule of thumb in general).

I probably played each of these songs 20 times too to get them... the only advice I can really give is to go out of your way to hit as many blast notes as possible. I found I was focusing instruments too much and missing the blast notes on other lanes cause I thought I didn't need them when in fact they save time and allow you to focus your Super lane. Other than that it's just playing as much of your Super instrument as possible under jackpot and probably getting a bit lucky as far as blast note placement and missed notes. Hope that helps

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
the only advice I can really give is to go out of your way to hit as many blast notes as possible. I found I was focusing instruments too much and missing the blast notes on other lanes cause I thought I didn't need them when in fact they save time and allow you to focus your Super lane. Other than that it's just playing as much of your Super instrument as possible under jackpot and probably getting a bit lucky as far as blast note placement and missed notes. Hope that helps

Just a quick note (at some point i am going to work on a larger high scoring guide), that this is very important. Spoonman, Shout, and Give it Away were the only three (RBB included) songs that it took me a second j/b/si play to get GS on. The most key factor i think is (a) learning how to mostly shift without breaking notes, esp during jackpot, and (b) having situational awareness and getting close to all blast notes and overdrive phrases. Blast notes hit notes on the other lanes but not the lane they are in so always stay in your lane a bit past the blast to hit a few extra notes on that track (the only track that will have notes over this portion). When i activate jackpot, I do it in the second half of the section, and oftentimes i will switch over to adjacent lane to pick up more overdrive (this is especially easy to do on vox track). Just make sure everytime you are switching that the notes arent too fast. You decide (quickly) where you want to switch at just ahead and exactly what note, then you 'stare down' the note on your track and switch and hit in one motion. Also for spoonman and give it away hitting 100% on the solos is pretty helpful - watch out for the two solos in a row in different instruments on spoonman - you can easily miss the first note of the second solo if you dont switch fast enough.
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hailz the tactics you gave worked perfect for both Spoonman (Bottle Rocket at key point) and Give it away (Stay in Super Vocals other than to last and overdrive). Got each of them on their second run today. Just have Diamond Eyes left. Imo by far the hardest GS in this game.
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think Diamond Eyes is the toughest one too. Now that it's been established how beastly sustains are, Shout really isn't that bad.

Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar gets me gold on almost all songs now, and that's what I used and would recommend for Diamond Eyes. Even though it doesn't have many sustains, Jackpot can still get you way more points than Road Rage or Bottle Rockets if you can keep combo (bear in mind what Barfo said about switching lanes while using Jackpot). Other than that, just do what you can to raise the level caps, they sure don't make it too easy in that song. Sometimes it can all come down to a lucky Blast note or two as well, so best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Diamond Eyes, make sure you can get that first checkpoint to max multiplier. It is a little tricky if you aren't careful. The song is long enough that missing a 1x on the first checkpoint will cost you many thousands of points throughout the song.

As for the other two, experiment with the super instrument. Spoonman yields fairly consistent scores (paired with road rage/blast notes) whether I play with Drums, Bass, or Guitar. In fact, given bass has a longer (and later) solo, that's the one I would recommend to use. And as for Give It Away, I think the si I used on my GS was vox, even in spite of the guitar solos.
Blindy1983  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I'm a big fan of Road Rage/Blast Notes/Super *Insert Instrument*

But Jackpot should help me out here too! This place continues to be a bastion of knowledge! Happy Blitzing!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Blindy1983
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: