FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best powerups
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Best powerups Reply with quote

Just wondering what you guys think are the best power ups to use in combination.

I've been using road rage, the super instrument that features the most in the song and blast notes. All the other road powerups i've found are really distracting and make you switch lanes a load of times and I just end up missing, but I know its possible to get insane scores with pinball notes.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For high scores, I find blast notes to be pretty lame. They do clear a section of every chart, which is nice, but because they do, they interrupt your flow, which I find even more distracting than simply switching lanes.

I'm personally fond of Bandmate + Flame Notes + Super X. Flame Notes can earn a huge number of points if you get them in sequence, and having an active Bandmate gives you an extra opportunity to chain another flame note. Super X + Bandmate can also earn you a ridiculous amount of bonus points, while also making it easier to get that coveted Level Cap + 3 (since the bandmate also increases the multiplier for every note it hits).
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using bandmate for the last few songs I played and its been working out quite nicely. It definitely has it's advantages over road rage essentially removing a lane from your worry for a few seconds.

I think in theory the best powerup to have would be pinball but only if you didn't drop the ball for the whole of the song. But as the ball gets faster with every hit this gets more and more difficult. Also I think the best super instrument to have would probably be guitar as its in the centre so you don't have to switch over all the lanes like if you were using Super Drums for example.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For extended instrumental sections, Jackpot is the way to go for me.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road Rage/Blast Notes/Super of choice was the case for 24 of my 25 GSs, the only one with a different setup was Shout.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Perfect Situation by Weezer about 20 times trying different things so I could get gold and All Weezer Golded.

What worked for me there was Super Guitar (pretty typical, in the center, a lot more solos, but can change for other songs as well), Pinball (although flame and runaway work well, note powerups are the ones I change the most depending on the song) and Road Rage (it's high scoring and great for your general multiplier).

Shockwave is probably the worst powerup (although I haven't even touched Synchrony because it looks really bad too). Rockets aren't great, but do have a few advantages at times. The rest of the powerups are useful, but you just have to do some trial-and-error on some songs.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synchrony is by far the worst one. Not very useful, and hard to synch up, and forcing you to change a lot to max it out. Runaway note isn't that great either, as you only get points if you catch it.

I've been using Bandmate and Flame Note and Super Guitar, and GSed my first song with that combo. Shockwave didn't look that great the one time I used it. Pinball and Flame Note each could be good, pinball gets better the fewer tracks you have.

Songs: Just over 1000.
insomniacdude  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synchrony isn't too bad. I've found that I keep my Blitz meter full much better when I'm using it. It's easier and higher scoring I think to use Super X, but Synchrony can get to gold.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get the level cap after every checkpoint Jackpot is the highest scoring of the all. Especially combined with Super __
I use Blast notes to get the level cap easier.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandmate, pinball, and Super X is a pretty decent combination. Throw down a bandmate on your super instrument while you're pinballing (without focusing too much on real notes) and you can get crazy pinball scores while still getting some solid notes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, from what I can tell, Bandmate does not get the super instrument bonus.

Bandmate is great for maxing your multiplier. Road Rage is pretty good for clearing dense notes, but isn't 100% reliable on what it will clear.

Double Score isn't bad, particularly for songs with several solos on the same instrument (Where Road Rage and Bandmate aren't as useful).

Songs: Just over 1000.
dore  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing some more, the combination I'm using most often is jackpot, blast notes, and super. Jackpot is worth tons of points when combined with your super instrument, you just have to a) pick the right super instrument and b) jackpot during dense parts for that instrument. Blast notes help because they help you boost your level cap quicker meaning you can have more time to focus on one instrument for throwaway jackpots and then you can save your OD for the dense solo section or whatever. Then, you save a jackpot and use it at/around the final checkpoint and rake in a ton of points.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
After playing some more, the combination I'm using most often is jackpot, blast notes, and super. Jackpot is worth tons of points when combined with your super instrument, you just have to a) pick the right super instrument and b) jackpot during dense parts for that instrument. Blast notes help because they help you boost your level cap quicker meaning you can have more time to focus on one instrument for throwaway jackpots and then you can save your OD for the dense solo section or whatever. Then, you save a jackpot and use it at/around the final checkpoint and rake in a ton of points.

This is typically my choice of powerups. If I'm playing something like Burn (Mike Orlando) where there are just notes everywhere, and I can't keep combo that well, I'll switch to Road Rage or something.

DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One tip I would say is try to avoid using Super Drums if you can, unless it's stupidly obvious that that's the part you should go for (e.g. blink-182). The drum tracks in Blitz seem to miss out the lighter hi-hat/cymbal hits so that what would have been a tier 3 song in RB3 is actually a very slow boring track in Blitz. AFAIK it's the only instrument part that actively misses out notes outside of really fast parts. (Which might explain why Polly has no drum part in RBB.)

I just played Gone Away by The Offspring and that is tier 0 on everything except drums (tier 2). But the majority of the song has a disco beat on drums and it misses out the hi-hat hits, so in reality you're only playing the snare and bass on every second beat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think Super Guitar/Bass will always be better than drums and vocals/keys. Much prefer being near the middle where I can easilier (I know, not a word) switch around when I need too. If I'm constantly hanging on drums, I can lose track of vocals or keys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: