FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TB:RB ~ Guitar Master FC Breakdown Project | Phase 4 - Almost There...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then I might as well start. Not going to bother with the more nitpicky ones, but
Reopen votes:
Getting Better: 1
Ticket to Ride: 1
I'm Looking Through You: 1
I Saw Her Standing There: 1
Sgt. Pepper: 1
Helter Skelter (lower): 1
Dig a Pony: 1
I Me Mine: 1

feel free to add votes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the need to vote on Taxman vs. I Me Mine when we literally just voted on exactly that. There is also no question in my mind that Taxman is harder. It's the most sure I've been of anything since 1+1=2. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but still, we just voted on that.

I could see moving Helter down but not nearly as far as suggested. I feel it is at least harder than Octopus and Birthday, mainly because of those stupidly annoying triplets that change tempo somewhat and have no backing at all to keep you on rhythm, but also for some reason I have a weird habit of choking on the outro.

I mentioned I Saw Her Standing There before, but for me I agree that it could be worthy of a top-5 spot.

Also, I think I would rather move USSR down than Dig A Pony up. Is anybody suggesting we move Pony up more than one space? I'd rather vote on how low USSR should go than how high Pony should go... I'll put a USSR lower vote in too and put the guy that said we should switch the two songs in as a vote for that. :S

In a bit indifferent to the suggestions of Getting Better and Ticket to Ride... I guess I could support them.

I'll add suggestions for Drive My Car and Boys. I know somebody mentioned DMC earlier and I agree with that, but I'm probably the only one who thinks Boys should be ranked harder? I choked the last unison a couple times in band... it was kinda embarrassing.

EDIT: Some votes.

Getting Better: 2
Ticket to Ride: 2
Drive My Car: 1
Boys: 1
I'm Looking Through You: 2
I Saw Her Standing There: 2
Sgt. Pepper: 2
Helter Skelter (lower): 2
Dig a Pony: 2
Back in the USSR (lower): 2
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned DMC but didn't think it was a big enough deal.
I guess I could see Boys being a few spots down, too.

Getting Better: 2
Ticket to Ride: 2
Drive My Car: 2
Boys: 2
I'm Looking Through You: 2
I Saw Her Standing There: 2
Sgt. Pepper: 2
Helter Skelter (lower): 2
Dig a Pony: 2
Back in the USSR (lower): 2

I will still say IMM is the hardest of the game by far but meeh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Given that we had more voter turnout for Taxman vs. I Me Mine than damn near anything else on the list, and that the decision was relatively decisive (as in, it wasn't just a one vote difference or something), we can probably leave it as is.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Phase 4 ~ Post Ranking Assessment

Rank Getting Better only amongst the following songs from 1st to 3rd (1st being easiest, 3rd being hardest).

Don't rearrange/reorganize the other songs. The numbers in parenthesis represent the rank of the song on the list:

If I Needed Someone (4)

And Your Bird Can Sing (7)

Do You Want To Know A Secret (10)

NOTE: I'm employing googleimage's suggested method, with a slight modification. If you all feel this isn't effective, let me know.

For instance, if you place Getting Better as #1 (you can also post your vote as "1" or "First"), you're ranking it easier than If I Needed Someone. If you vote #2, you're ranking it harder than If I Needed Someone, but easier than And Your Bird Can Sing.

If you're still confused, you can also post a list. Covering the above example again, if you place Getting Better as #1, your list would be like this:

1) Getting Better
2) If I Needed Someone
3) And Your Bird Can Sing

Or if you decide to place it as #2, your list would look like this:

1) If I Needed Someone
2) Getting Better

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Getting Better
2) If I needed Someone

The more I think about it, the more I think Getting Better shouldn't quite be first on the list. Having said that, I don't think it's fourth or higher. I'm thinking second or third.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand.

Can't I just vote to move it down 1 spot instead of 0 or 2? Rank it 2nd overall. I originally voted GB way back when but I change my mind OK, mind changed.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
I don't understand.

Can't I just vote to move it down 1 spot instead of 0 or 2? Rank it 2nd overall. I originally voted GB way back when but I change my mind OK, mind changed.

The idea is that we take a vote for the general area it should move to, then start voting down to a more specific spot. So on this list, if we vote it easiest of the three, then we'll start voting as to where amongst spots 1-4 it should go. It's a bit tedious to be sure, but it's a way to keep it very systematic and objective rather than reverting the whole list into a free-for-all "I think it should go here!" like every other attempt at an FC thread was before this system came along.

If you want to see it working in action, check towards the end of the RB2 guitar FC breakdown voting thread, since that's what this system was taken from.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK. I guess by saying "rank it 2nd" at the least I've said which of the general areas I want it in... and maybe if enough people also say, rank it 2nd, we wouldn't have to go to the extra step >_>.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
Oh OK. I guess by saying "rank it 2nd" at the least I've said which of the general areas I want it in... and maybe if enough people also say, rank it 2nd, we wouldn't have to go to the extra step >_>.

Yeah, but when we have 40+ spots to vote on, the odds of a true majority agreeing on one specific spot are pretty low. Hence, the more systematic (albeit more tedious) approach.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since only 2 people voted for Getting Better and each had different opinions, I'm going to postpone the question for a different time. But, anyone's free to vote for that anytime since it's already been posted. I'll just add it on to the tally for it...

Quote:
Phase 4 ~ Post Ranking Assessment

Rank Ticket To Ride only amongst the following songs from 1st to 3rd (1st being easiest, 3rd being hardest).

Don't rearrange/reorganize the other songs. The numbers in parenthesis represent the rank of the song on the list:

Come Together (11)

Paperback Writer (14)

Drive My Car (17)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember disagreeing? I said 2nd overall not 2nd on that short list of songs...

Tough call on Ticket, I feel it about the same as Come Together... I guess I'll put it as easier than Come Together.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: