FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/7 DLC: Singles from Whitesnake, Hoobastank, and Cutting Crew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, Hoobastank! Also, that Cutting Crew song was a huge 'oh, that song!' moment for me GTA Vice City!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Hoobastank is also a pleasant surprise. Definitely the best choice for them (much better than The Reason). Also makes me realize, despite the large amount of modern music we have, we don't have much radio hard rock. Staind definitely is, and I suppose you could count Mudvayne and Rise Against. Before that, this year all we've had were the three-packs from Shinedown, Evanescence, and Three Days Grace. Many will call me crazy for wanting for more of these, but I think they're really good party tracks.

Shinedown should have given us plenty of "radio hard rock", but the song choices for that three pack were just terrible. Both of Shinedown's last two albums each have a good eight or nine songs that would be awesome in Rock Band, but outside of Devour and Diamond Eyes we haven't seen any of them. Ditto Daughtry. (btw, Shinedown's new album is one of the best 'radio hard rock' albums of the year, so many brilliant tracks.)

Which ones are they? They don't play Shinedown on the radios here and I must know what some other hits are.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the Hoobastank song, but digging the other two.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Hoobastank is also a pleasant surprise. Definitely the best choice for them (much better than The Reason). Also makes me realize, despite the large amount of modern music we have, we don't have much radio hard rock. Staind definitely is, and I suppose you could count Mudvayne and Rise Against. Before that, this year all we've had were the three-packs from Shinedown, Evanescence, and Three Days Grace. Many will call me crazy for wanting for more of these, but I think they're really good party tracks.

Shinedown should have given us plenty of "radio hard rock", but the song choices for that three pack were just terrible. Both of Shinedown's last two albums each have a good eight or nine songs that would be awesome in Rock Band, but outside of Devour and Diamond Eyes we haven't seen any of them. Ditto Daughtry. (btw, Shinedown's new album is one of the best 'radio hard rock' albums of the year, so many brilliant tracks.)

Which ones are they? They don't play Shinedown on the radios here and I must know what some other hits are.

So you know Shinedown, but don't which songs are the 'hits' in other markets since they don't play them on the radio? I'll fill you in:

Unity (just started playing this)
Bully
Diamond Eyes
If You Only Knew
The Crow and the Butterfly
The Sound of Madness
Second Chance
Devour
I Dare You
Save Me

Those are all of the ones they've played on my local rock station over the years. I believe the only ones they don't play any more are I Dare You and Devour, pretty sure they still play all of the others somewhat often (Save Me is only played every now and then).

But yeah, I just think it would be cool to have more Godsmack, Papa Roach, Buckcherry, Three Days Grace, Staind, (heavier) Daughtry, Chevelle, and other bands like that just for fun. I do somewhat enjoy some songs by those artists, but it would be cool for parties.

/wishlisting
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly from the Inside and Heroes, too. I'd love to see either in the game, but I'm not as keen on the newer stuff.

/Off my lawn
//Wishlisting

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did hmx hire the charters from guitar hero or something ? ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Hoobastank is also a pleasant surprise. Definitely the best choice for them (much better than The Reason)

i don't know about "best choice"

it's certainly their most popular song, and the only one that still gets played on the radio around where i live, but i think Escape and Same Direction are better songs personally

it is much better than The Reason though

and for the Whitesnake song, i would have actually preferred to have Still of the Night on disc instead of Here I Go Again (which i've always found to be a bit cheesy)

definitely a good pick there

Last edited by megallica on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: 8/7 DLC: Singles from Whitesnake, Hoobastank, and Cutting Cr Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system August 7th, 2012:

• (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew (OX)

• Crawling In The Dark by Hoobastank

• Still Of The Night by Whitesnake (O)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 8th)
Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Katsushika by Rishloo(80 MSP)

• From the Blue/Point of No Return by An Endless Sporadic (80 MSP)

• Anything by An Endless Sporadic (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• To The Stage (2x Bass Pedal) by Asking Alexandria (160 MSP)

• From The Ground Up by Trial By Fire (80 MSP)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• From the Blue/Point of No Return by An Endless Sporadic ($0.99)

• Anything by An Endless Sporadic ($0.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've preferred Without a Fight from Hoobastank for EBA nostalga.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
Would've preferred Without a Fight from Hoobastank for EBA nostalga.

Crawling in the Dark gives me so much Aggressive Inline nostalgia, though. =P

We need that whole soundtrack. This and Youth of the Nation are not enough.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlc more like dlzzz

inb4Mystakin
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little apprehensive about the Whitesnake DLC since we all know HMX now can't chart solos worth a shit. But I was pleasantly surprised by the solo, not one random strum present! Sure the speed is inconsistent, but at least most of it was fine.
Good job HMX, good job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: