FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's the definition of a FGFC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar

I spent 20 minutes trying to parody this post

but kept busting up laughing whenever I re-read it.

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyWilis wrote:

And this is what rhythm gaming is all about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:

And this is what rhythm gaming is all about.

Did you really revive a half year old thread just to say that? >_____>

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if any of your FCs in [so-and-so] game are imports, you could call it a TECH FGFC, but I still believe you have to FC every song in said game on disc to get a true FGFC, regardless of engine similarities or differences. Yes, I'm talking about VISIONS BASS and GREEN GRASS GUITAR (seriously, I will get this)
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this thread got necroed pointlessly and I never commented before, I'll give my stance regarding people using FGFC banners (as I am somewhat notable for banners):

If you have FCed all the songs required for a given FGFC no matter the engine, then feel free to use the banner if you think you should be able to. (This applies to any banner whose difficulty is influenced by engine differences as well.) Just don't try to play off your RB1 FGFC as being done on disk unless you can prove it.

Basically if you want to kill yourself over bugs in an engine, feel free. Personally I don't think it's worth the hassle. I fully admit on-disc FGFCs are more impressive when they're affected by some engine error, but it's more because you're getting around a bug than legitimate difficulty.

Somewhat related: An unpatched FC of Bodhisattva guitar is more impressive than one after the patch that fixed HOPO chords, but no one gets in anyone's face about the HOPO chord thing, simply because it was fixed. >__>

From a personal standpoint I consider merely FCing all the songs a FGFC and that's the end of it. I'm not gonna bother changing disks to FGFC LRB or Green Day bass on their discs because there's no point.

There's also RB1 and ACDC vox, which are, for all practical purposes, impossible to do in engine due to ridiculously broken talkies and I would hope that no one would begrudge a FGFC of either using exports. (Hell, who even plays ACDC on the disc anyway? >__>)

A final question to make up for any real purpose in the necro: since Rock Band Blitz is a side game release, what constitutes a FGFC of that? There's no percentages or single instrument play in the base game, nor is there traditional RB gameplay at all. The included export would literally be the only way to play any of the songs at all. Surely an "export" FGFC of RBB would count? And if it can, why not other games?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post inv4der, I agree with every word of it.
I think the main point to be made here is that all the Rock Band engines are fundamentally the same, aside from having different calibration, and certain bugs in certain engines. If someone can FC GGHT guitar in Rock Band 3, they made the same input that they would need to make for a functionally-same FC on RB1, if it were not for different calibration and the unintended strum limit glitch.

The only place in which this doesn't apply are vocal songs that are harder by design in one engine than another. RB2 was made to be looser than RB1, so FCing a legitimately difficult (non-broken talkie) song like I Get By as an import is easier than it would be on RB1. That being said, the vocal engine is so loose and forgiving in the Rock Band series that it really doesn't make much of a difference. The engine differences are relatively small, anyway.

I feel at this point that enough of a majority in the community feel the way inv4der and I do that we can accept the "FC all the songs on any engine" school of thought as the commonly accepted definition of an FGFC on the Rock Band side, with RBB qualifying as it is a standalone game.

Guitar Hero, on the other hand... who knows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
A final question to make up for any real purpose in the necro: since Rock Band Blitz is a side game release, what constitutes a FGFC of that? There's no percentages or single instrument play in the base game, nor is there traditional RB gameplay at all. The included export would literally be the only way to play any of the songs at all. Surely an "export" FGFC of RBB would count? And if it can, why not other games?

Since RBB doesn't really contain "tradtional" Rock Band elements, should FCs really even apply to the game? I mean, yes, if you FC the pack in Rock Band, then you could claim a full export FC or a full pack FC or whatever, but in the game itself, I don't think FCs really apply.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way of thinking based on SH leaderboards; if you can input all your FC scores such that it will be tracked as a FGFC, it counts as a FGFC. Thus switching from NTSC to PAL still counts, as it is the same game in a different format, but imports don't count as they are a completely different game despite having very similar engines and identical charts.

I think the GH equivalent would be importing Satch Boogie to a game with better working slider notes. It is a substantially easier FC in something like GHWoR, but it doesn't count as a GHWT FC because it's not on GHWT. It's a GHWoR import. Therefore you would not have FGFC'd GHWT, you'd have a GHWT+imports FGFC. (probably not the best way to say it, but you get the idea)

This thread is a mess, but I guess I wanted to throw my opinion in there.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I like the way of thinking based on SH leaderboards; if you can input all your FC scores such that it will be tracked as a FGFC, it counts as a FGFC. Thus switching from NTSC to PAL still counts, as it is the same game in a different format, but imports don't count as they are a completely different game despite having very similar engines and identical charts.

I think the GH equivalent would be importing Satch Boogie to a game with better working slider notes. It is a substantially easier FC in something like GHWoR, but it doesn't count as a GHWT FC because it's not on GHWT. It's a GHWoR import. Therefore you would not have FGFC'd GHWT, you'd have a GHWT+imports FGFC. (probably not the best way to say it, but you get the idea)

So make this comparison regarding something like Lego bass. There are no hard things and all songs are playable in RB2/RB3. How is it not a FGFC if you FC all the songs that are defined as the game's set?

And the mechanics of every game in RB are so much closer to each other than the GH band games (the literal only difference between RB3 and RB2 when playing old songs is strum limit, which applies to all of four or five songs over the entire series' discs, which total over 300 songs), so comparing RB to GH in this sense is not entirely fair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of Lego Rock Band... Why not do it on disc? If you bought the disc, I don't see any reason for you to only play the import. Then again I'm a GH player primarily so I carry over that mentality.

As far as the differences in the engines go, I really wouldn't know as well as you. What about the overdrive phrases that you can activate after one phrase? Isn't that RB3 only? Maybe that wouldn't apply because they don't alter the OD phrases in imports, idk. Anyway I don't care as much if people claim RB FGFCs using imports, but I think I would personally still lean toward counting on disc FCs only.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
In the case of Lego Rock Band... Why not do it on disc? If you bought the disc, I don't see any reason for you to only play the import. Then again I'm a GH player primarily so I carry over that mentality.

As far as the differences in the engines go, I really wouldn't know as well as you. What about the overdrive phrases that you can activate after one phrase? Isn't that RB3 only? Maybe that wouldn't apply because they don't alter the OD phrases in imports, idk. Anyway I don't care as much if people claim RB FGFCs using imports, but I think I would personally still lean toward counting on disc FCs only.

Basically it's about disk switching. If I put in my RB3 disk, I can play any Rock Band song except TBRB and the few RB1/RB2 songs that don't import. Then all of my songs are together, and I never need to put in the other disks (unless I want an achievement or something).

The engines are exactly the same, except that RB3 has fixed strumming (which as inv4der points out only affects a couple of songs anyway). Also RB1 vox fucking sucked.

One of the other reasons to prefer playing imports is that each game can end up with slightly different calibration. A lot of people had trouble with calibration particularly for GDRB, so if they want to FC those songs it can be much easier to do so imported in RB3 (or maybe RB2).

OD is different, which affects paths but on guitar/bass/vocals that doesn't affect FCs. On drums the path does change which fills appear and which notes you see, so some songs can be bootlegged differently but a bootleg FC is still an FC.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
This thread is a mess, but I guess I wanted to throw my opinion in there.

At least it's a fairly civil mess this time around .
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main beef with RB3 import FCs is really only Drums (and only drums, as Pro Drums technically adds an "extra level" of difficulty) simply because different fills could get covered in RB3 than in any other game. I'm not gonna knock someone who full import FCs RB2 on RB3 (Visions is still lolwut) but you can't deny certain precarious fills get covered up by new paths on RB3 all the time.

On the flip side, an optimal FC of Say It Ain't So on RB3 is harder than RB1 and RB2 because it doesn't cover up the snare roll.

Basically, lemons.

Beliskner  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since a FC is a FC you would have to count every bootleg somebody still as a FC
so you should just look at fills up to the first possible OD-fill in RB1/2 and so on
and I don't think that there are any songs where the really hard fills are before the first possible OD-activation
the only one I can think of at the moment is the spaz fill in Rob the Prez-O-Dent and that is not hard at all for somebody who is able to FGFC
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visions is technically DLC, so you would have to apply whatever logic you apply to GH1 songs in GH2 to those songs. If you're going to split hairs between DLC and imports, do it right.

I really don't care what you think to the point that I'll argue it, but I feel as though I should point that much out.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: