FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reopening the 99% FC debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:

I'm pretty sure it won't remove your score from the leaderboards just by deleting the song from your library. The only way to get rid of it is to beat your score.

What I do on PS3 is play offline so if I get a 99% on something then replay it for 100% but accidentally get a worse score; when it goes to upload scores to the leaderboards next time I sign in it will upload the highest score along with my 100%.

The main reason I play offline on PS3 though is to avoid the XMB glitch.

Yea that didn't work. Does this playing offline thing work on the 360 as well? I will try it when I get home from work this afternoon, unless it has been confirmed that this doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vickie wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:
Well I browsed a few songs and I find two scores, one by Vickie, one by Cafin8edPenguin.

Not saying all those people are submitting 99% scores but at least some of them are (not gonna browse through them all, I don't really care)

I am curious and I did a quick check and to my own surprise, I found a 99 score submitted as a 100%. This is a mistake, I never do that, and I'm really sorry.

Anyway, problem solved: now that I'm better at the damn vibrato thing, I just beat that very old score with a legit 100%, but the leaderboard is not updated yet.

I'm also very surprised that people still care about scores and ranking.

Well I didn't mean to point out anybody I was only browsing through some scores

Well I thought that it was not so common to redo those 99% songs, well then I'll redo the ones on my RB3 career at least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To totally break into an old thread I thought I'd post something. In GHWT on drums there are certain songs with glitched % scores, or if you activate during a non-cymbal note it will also glitch your %. As a community we decided that we could enter these glitched counts as 100% despite the stats screen showing otherwise. We did this because we're rational people. We know with no doubt that there was not a missed note, but weren't going to confuse the leaderboards with seemingly non-FC scores simply because the game was wrong. I don't know anything about this glitch except what I read in this topic, but it seems very similar.

There are also instances in GH3/GH2 when certain systems had an extra tick, hurting competition. JCirri made it so the systems missing a tick got it adjusted on the scorehero leaderboards. For the purists who believe your scorehero score should always reflect your in-game score, this would seem against the rules. But since scorehero is a site that is community driven and not held to any draconian rules from the game itself, it is allowed to make decisions itself. These can include the fixing of % or note streak or even score as long as it suits the community need. Since we have no operating FC tracker and only check FC's in later games by 100% scores, this seems to appeal to the need of the community.

Just my really really late 2 cents
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: