FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back into Rock Band - Some drum silencing.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commandeer  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Back into Rock Band - Some drum silencing. Reply with quote

Hello all. It's been a long while since I got rock band out. (So long that I forgot my Scorehero login). Now it's time to figure a few things out. (I did a forum search, looked at the first page or 2, still googling and hoping to get some helpful answers).

I own an Ion Drum Rocker. The pads are modded. (Foam taken out, official RB silencers put in). Thankfully the pad noise is quiet and the only accoustic noise from the pads is low enough to have one problem solved.

-----

I live in my attic, so my major problem is the noise below. My chair I play in is adjustable, so anything raising the kit overall is fine.

What I'm looking to do is simple:

- Quiet the noise that you hear from banging on the heads that is heard floors underneath. I'm guessing some sort of heavy foam or something might do the trick under the rack. Unsure here so I need some suggestions.

- Quiet the Pedal heard underneath. This is the toughie. Would heavy duty foam work? Multiple layers of thick carpet? Or something else?
- As a side to this, I played on someone else's kit at a convention recently. A few dummers noticed his pedal was accoustically quieter. He said all he had done to it was replace the metal tab that hits the sensor with a hard plastic one. It was a lot quiter, and would this possibly help the noise below as well? He didn't know much about mods so he couldn't help much.

I'm willing to make a couple runs to Home Depot/wherever and buy what's necessary if it will work. Otherwise I'll have to tinker with some home made fixes.
Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not made one myself, but people have been saying good things about this platform you can build:
http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?45889-Tennis-Ball-Impact-Noise-Isolating-Platform
I believe in the thread some people modified the size to fit the RB kit. I'm not sure how much bigger the Ion kit is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: