FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/8 DLC: Rage Against The Machine 3-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
DerWaffelappen wrote:
Oh wow! Just looked at the guitar chart for KitN, and the one place in the solo where I figured special lanes would be justified (the trills in the second half) is the one place where they don't get used! And, of course, forced strums in places that I GUARANTEE you Tom Morello wasn't strumming at. Now I haven't been one to complain about bad charting, but between this, the Slayer pack, the Rush pack, Pulse of the Maggots, et cetera...

Seriously, are there still people working at HMX that Scorehero has contacts with? Because I really want to know whether or not this is all the work of the same charter, as has been theorized. It would be nice to at have some confirmation, at the least.

Gonna go back to lurking again, now.

Inb4Mystakin.

Don't get him started!
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but if you gallop strum all of the lanes in the guitar solo, it makes it a seriously easy FC outside of the trills. Hope this helps someone!
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
dore  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerWaffelappen wrote:
And, of course, forced strums in places that I GUARANTEE you Tom Morello wasn't strumming at.

there isn't a single forced strum in there. the only strums in the runs come from two notes of the same color in a row. oh no not strumming that

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
DerWaffelappen wrote:
And, of course, forced strums in places that I GUARANTEE you Tom Morello wasn't strumming at.

there isn't a single forced strum in there. the only strums in the runs come from two notes of the same color in a row. oh no not strumming that

I think he may have worded it badly. The fact is all that is being played there is a legato trill. So no strumming, and it shouldn't be going across multiple frets like it is.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people complain about charting without citing their sources, I was merely calling it out. I think a lot of people would be a lot easier on HMX if they ever actually charted something for a rhythm game , because with a guitarist like Tom Morello, you're never going to really be able to replicate anything they play, so you either get as close as you can and don't worry about people who are going to complain because it's awkward, or water it down and make it flow better.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people complain about charting without citing their sources, I was merely calling it out. I think a lot of people would be a lot easier on HMX if they ever actually charted something for a rhythm game , because with a guitarist like Tom Morello, you're never going to really be able to replicate anything they play, so you either get as close as you can and don't worry about people who are going to complain because it's awkward, or water it down and make it flow better.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I don't hear complaining about RATM's Testify, and most of that isn't played "traditionally". Outside the chorus and the bridge, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any notes played on the guitar. Just noises.

I mean, hell, for the solo, he actually UNPLUGS the guitar!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is anyone else annoyed by the guitar chart in Bombtrack? Why doesn't the main riff ever go down to Green? I know how the song is played, I know it's an open low E, which means it's literally the lowest note possible. So why no Green? Everything else is fine, which makes me think someone accidentally moved the Greens up a color.

Turned my "buy now!" into a "pass."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoahTheDuke wrote:
So, is anyone else annoyed by the guitar chart in Bombtrack? Why doesn't the main riff ever go down to Green? I know how the song is played, I know it's an open low E, which means it's literally the lowest note possible. So why no Green? Everything else is fine, which makes me think someone accidentally moved the Greens up a color.

Turned my "buy now!" into a "pass."

I understand that the chart is a little quirky in that way, but really? That's enough to make you not want to buy it at all? That seems a bit excessive.
NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it just comes from many years of playing the song when I messed around with the guitar years ago; I know what feels "natural", so when it's not happening, it makes me feel really anxious in my chest. I realize this is kind of petty, but still.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: