FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Full Band Overdrive Pathing 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batsmak  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
I guess I can stick to 2 guitar and bass bands, I'm good at those

at first gance, it doesn't need too much work. I only took a quick look, though. I'll get back to you on that, don't worry. Also, I need to double check the exact spots. It's easier when it is on a chart already.
raunch99  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I've been busy the past few days. Hoping to get some free time this weekend to knock out a couple more paths.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raunch99 wrote:
Yea I've been busy the past few days. Hoping to get some free time this weekend to knock out a couple more paths.

Busy playing Brawl?

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
batsmak  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
raunch99 wrote:

Busy playing Brawl?

prolly... that has taken a lot of my time. Olimar FTW!
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajanta's site looks like it's down.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de1337ed wrote:
Unless I'm interpreting my data incorrectly, this conclusively settles that the current assumptions of Raunch are indeed correct.

For the record, these calculations were done on Paramore's Crushcrushcrush, during the first talky Crush portion. No guitar notes were played during this phrase.

Whoops, k, guess it doesn't add Vox points at the ends of phrase markers. =X In that case...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
eraser2224  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know the rule for how close to a fill spot you can be to still have it show up when you get a drum activation? is it a set thing like 1 or 2 measures or something?
batsmak  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know... if it is 3 or fewer measures from the phrase that allows activation, I play in solo drums, making sure that I get the same phrase to bring me to 1/2, and then check for fill locations.
eraser2224  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from looking in the drums forum it seems that in single player you will sometimes not get the first fill in enter sandman if you hit the last note of the second OD phrase late. that last note is exactly 5 beats from the first note covered by the fill, which leads me to believe that you need 5 beats separating. can you confirm/deny this with any paths you have done batsmak (or anyone else)? this little problem is quite annoying.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all the paths I've done, it seems that choruses are usually the best places to get 8x, especially in songs where the vocals phrases are the same length through out (Say It Ain't So, Gimme Shelter, etc.). There are generally drums fills and vocal activation opportunities at the beginning of them, and you start getting a lot more notes on the instruments. Just a tip I wanted to throw out there.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
raunch99  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eraser2224 wrote:
from looking in the drums forum it seems that in single player you will sometimes not get the first fill in enter sandman if you hit the last note of the second OD phrase late. that last note is exactly 5 beats from the first note covered by the fill, which leads me to believe that you need 5 beats separating. can you confirm/deny this with any paths you have done batsmak (or anyone else)? this little problem is quite annoying.

From what I've read I thought it was more dependent on time than the number of beats or measures. When you think about it, the game needs time to overwrite the actual notes with a fill once you have OD available. I'm sure they have to buffer up the incoming notes a bit. So if the bpm is really low you might only need 1 measure of space, if its really high you might need 3. At least thats how I understand it. I don't think its an exact science at this point

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raunch99 wrote:
eraser2224 wrote:

From what I've read I thought it was more dependent on time than the number of beats or measures. When you think about it, the game needs time to overwrite the actual notes with a fill once you have OD available. I'm sure they have to buffer up the incoming notes a bit. So if the bpm is really low you might only need 1 measure of space, if its really high you might need 3. At least thats how I understand it. I don't think its an exact science at this point

Yeah, I have to rework my Orange crush and Maps paths because of this.

meister  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any images with the spots vocals can activate? I don't really want to play the songs to find out, that would take way longer

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
are there any images with the spots vocals can activate? I don't really want to play the songs to find out, that would take way longer

Sometimes they're posted in the OD sections, but I recommend just watching the youtubes.

raunch99  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
meister wrote:

Sometimes they're posted in the OD sections, but I recommend just watching the youtubes.

You can try to find videos, but really you need one where they never activate OD so you can see all the potential activation spots, you aren't likely to find those on youtube.

I mean it really doesn't take that long to play the song and find the activation spots. You only have to sing it once assuming you can get the first 2 OD phrases. I sing on easy cause I suck horribly. I take a video and refer back to it, but you could just pause between notes and make note of it on a chart somewhere. Really shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: