FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Banners?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
playadog11  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Banners? Reply with quote

I am sorry if I am missing something, and I am also sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but how exactly do I obtain a banner of any sort?
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite simple once you know how to do it. Basically, find the banner you wish to use here and then save it to your computer.

After that, you must first upload it to an image hosting website. I'd use Imageshack.us, because it doesn't require membership to use, but whichever you want to use will do. Then, once uploaded, take the DIRECT LINK, not the url, and copy it.

Then, go to profile. You should see a spot called signature. Put this in your signature, for example...

[img]insertimagedirectlinkhere.jpg[/img]

Please note a couple of things...

1.)If you are using the banner, unless it states otherwise, you must have done the accomplishment on Expert.

2.)You can only have 6 banners in your signature, unless you make the banners smaller, otherwise it breaks the sig size limit.

3.)If you want a banner which doesn't exist, you can request it to be made here. Keep in mind that you shouldn't really request banners which are stupidly easy, like say a 'I'm the Man Vox fc', which is all talkies and could be done by anyone or everyone.

I hope this helped

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a total idiot.

Last edited by Hobo111 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Steadysphere wrote:

2.)You can only have 6 banners in your signature, unless you make the banners smaller, otherwise it breaks the sig size limit.

Not true. You can have them spread out in a row of three and put nine in your sig, like in mine.

This is untrue. The sig limits are 800x170, making three horizontally too large by 100 pixels. However, four tall is only 160 pixels, so 2x4 is SH legal.

EDIT:

Deimos wrote:
FORUM SIGNATURE RULES

Signatures should be no more than 170 pixels tall, and 800 pixels wide on a standard resolution/text-size setup. If your signature is causing a horizontal scrollbar to appear, it may be removed. The ScoreHero dynamic stat images are an exception to this restriction, so when measuring the size of your signature, you do not have to include your dynamic stat image (if you have one).

For text, you do not have to insert line breaks to force it to be less than 800 pixels wide, but if you have long lines of text, remember to account for the fact that it may wrap to an extra line on lower resolutions.

This box is 800 x 170 pixels:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Steadysphere wrote:

Not true. You can have them spread out in a row of three and put nine in your sig, like in mine.

This is untrue. The sig limits are 800x170, making three horizontally too large by 100 pixels. However, four tall is only 160 pixels, so 2x4 is SH legal.

EDIT:

Deimos wrote:
FORUM SIGNATURE RULES

Signatures should be no more than 170 pixels tall, and 800 pixels wide on a standard resolution/text-size setup. If your signature is causing a horizontal scrollbar to appear, it may be removed. The ScoreHero dynamic stat images are an exception to this restriction, so when measuring the size of your signature, you do not have to include your dynamic stat image (if you have one).

For text, you do not have to insert line breaks to force it to be less than 800 pixels wide, but if you have long lines of text, remember to account for the fact that it may wrap to an extra line on lower resolutions.

I'm pretty sure you can fit 9 banners in there...>_>

EDIT: If you reduce the size of course

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:

Make em one pixel each, you can fit 136,000
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:

Yea, have fun reading those...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
bclare wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuse wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
bclare wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:

ZOMG, I was so...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Steadysphere wrote:

This is untrue. The sig limits are 800x170, making three horizontally too large by 100 pixels.

Actually, Hobo was right the first time, because the rules were specifically relaxed in July 2011 to allow for three rows of three. Here's a link to the updated rules, text of which is copied below.

singemfrc wrote:
FORUM SIGNATURE RULES

Signatures should either be no more than 170 pixels tall by 800 pixels wide OR 150 pixels tall by 900 pixels wide on a standard resolution/text-size setup. If your signature is causing a horizontal scrollbar to appear, it may be removed.

The choice is given to allow display of 3 banners wide (as a standard banner is 300px wide), but remember it is a choice. If your signature width is between 800-900, then the height cannot exceed 150. That means if you have 3 banner columns wide, your height would be limited to three banner rows and a line of text.

The ScoreHero dynamic stat images are an exception to this restriction, so when measuring the size of your signature, you do not have to include your dynamic stat image (if you have one).

For text, you do not have to insert line breaks to force it to be less than 800/900 pixels wide, but if you have long lines of text, remember to account for the fact that it may wrap to an extra line on lower resolutions.

This box is 900 x 150 pixels:

Added 2011-10-29: We've noticed that apparently due to real-estate above and below lines of text caused by HTML formatting, a signature that starts and ends with text can end up over the height limit even if it appears to fit in the box in the signature-checking utility. If you use the utility, and if you can't see any white space between the bottom of the box and your last line of text, you are probably actually over the height limit once the space (that you can't see) is factored in. This appears to be a text formatting issue only, as making a signature with the 800x170 box above completely fills the box in the utility, and does not come out over the limit.

Beyond the dimension limits, we're also imposing some other restrictions about what things aren't allowed in signatures.

Things that you can NOT have in your signature
  • Referral links of any type, Prizerebel or otherwise.
  • Links or images that would not be acceptable to post on the forum, use your common sense here. If you're not sure, contact a mod to ask first.

Anything not on the list above is allowed in your signature, though we reserve the right to add new items to the list at any time. Also, remember that everything in your signature is subject to the dimension rules. Even if everything in your signature is allowed, if it is too tall as a whole, it is breaking the rules.

If there's something not on the list and you're not sure about it, please ask in this thread so that we can respond.

Thanks for your cooperation, this will make the forum much easier to read for everyone.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:
Actually, Hobo was right the first time, because the rules were specifically relaxed in July 2011 to allow for three rows of three. Here's a link to the updated rules, text of which is copied below.

i was going to post that myself, but i noticed that Adler necroed the thread, and all of the other posts were from 2010

Hobo was wrong at the time, and the rules were changed afterwards which by coincidence allowed people to arrange their banners the way Hobo was back then

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
Voltgloss wrote:

i was going to post that myself, but i noticed that Adler necroed the thread, and all of the other posts were from 2010

Hobo was wrong at the time, and the rules were changed afterwards which by coincidence allowed people to arrange their banners the way Hobo was back then

Huh. Sharp eye, megallica. That said, it's probably for the best that this necro'd thread now has the updated rules in it, so no one else who reads it gets confused like I did.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: