FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BobDole's Guitar (Rock Band 4 58/65 before practice mode)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New FCs from like two days ago, all in the same session:

1050. I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts
1051. Darling Dear
1052. Rock Ready

These songs are so random and obscure that I'm even having a little bit of trouble remembering them right now. Well the first one isn't that obscure, but it's only known because it has a really hard drum part...if it didn't have that it would probably be a member of the Unpopular DLC that Hardly Anybody has Ever Heard of Club (a club that Darling Dear and Rock Ready definitely belong to). Anyway, none of these are really THAT hard, but apparently I didn't have the FCs, so yeah. Hardest parts of each song:

I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts--hard section is the same as drums (outro); it has weird random chord strumming that's fairly tricky; probably the hardest of these 3 songs

Darling Dear--has a moderately fast strumming part with some offbeat fret changes and one extremely dramatic tempo change

Rock Ready--a somewhat hard solo at the end of the song

Darling Dear and Rock Ready are both really boring and shitty songs by the way, which is probably a major factor in why I didn't FC them before.

Also Darling Dear is the first and (as of now) only FC on PS3, though I'm 2nd place on the song. This is obviously due to the fact that I didn't activate in the fast strumming (which contains a lot of chords and has to be worth a fuckload of points). Rock Ready is the 4th PS3 FC and I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts is the 3rd PS3 FC. Also oddly enough 1st place on I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts is a 99% despite there being 3 FCs (or possibly 100% overstrums I guess--the song is fairly overstrum-able).

Another fun fact: My I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts solo guitar score is in the top 100 on the full band leaderboard...so I guess it is kind of an unknown/underrated song.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sightreads from latest DLC:

RB3 DLC:

388. A Tout Le Monde
389. Symphony of Destruction

RBN2:

136. Still Alive
137. V is for Vampire

Yeah that's it. To be fair though, all of the songs I didn't FC are devil tier...yeah 3/5 of our RBN songs this week were devil tier. Comments:

Megadeth pack: A Tout Le Monde was an easy sightread FC as expected, Symphony of Destruction was actually quite difficult (a fact which pissed me off since it's only because of totally fucked charting at the end of the solo...also I have the FC in GH1, so no version of it with working hammer-ons should be hard at all). Public Enemy No. 1 has troll lanes...but it also has at least one legit hard part that I can't hit so whatever. Didn't expect to FC it anyway.

RBN: Well we started off with a new version of Still Alive, which was kinda cool I guess (I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it's ok). Then we had V is for Vampire, which was annoying due to troll lanes (mercifully short troll lanes though, which is why I put up with it enough to get the FC). After that it was nothing but devil tiered stuff:

Lethean Tears--just too fast, all the patterns seem pretty simple though

The Epic, Part 3.7--I could get this, but it would take some work; also WOW at how long that troll lane in the solo is

My Frailty--I could probably get this if I put some work into the solo

Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that Symphony's solo was hit-or-miss with me. I was FC'ing it consistently for about 15 minutes, then I tried real runs and it was a no-go. I think you could definitely get Public Enemy No. 1, thought. Try it again, the section is difficult, but with a little practice I can see it being an easier FC than Sleepwalker, for example.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think you could definitely get Public Enemy No. 1, thought. Try it again, the section is difficult, but with a little practice I can see it being an easier FC than Sleepwalker, for example.

I could probably hit the tapping part, but the troll lanes and the transition in the middle of them? Hell no. It's almost certainly easier than Sleepwalker but it's still pretty hard and I usually have little to no tolerance for troll lanes.

Anyway, I finally went and knocked out those Stooges songs that nobody wanted to play, namely 1969 and No Fun. The former was actually by far the worse of the two...random ass strumming streaks everywhere, some of which change speeds multiple times and hardly any of which have any logical rhythm. The only positive thing I can say about 1969 is that it only takes 2 minutes to get to the solo and the hardest parts of the solo are all within the first half of it.

No Fun's tricky parts where a lot more GH1-esque; i.e. moderate-speed fretting that really should be hammer-ons but isn't (actually usually there are hammers, but only on every other note or otherwise just way too awkward to bother with). Most of these aren't too bad to learn, though a lot of them start on offbeats, which fucked me up often. It also takes almost twice as long to get to the solo as in 1969 and the hard parts are more spread out...the hardest part is about 70% into the solo and the very last part is pretty tricky.

I'll post videos of these two tomorrow and the next day. Or maybe both tomorrow, not sure yet.

By the way I had to spend about 45 minutes in practice mode on each one of those songs...they're not easy at all.

Oh yeah and I forgot/neglected to update for these easy FCs from the last time I did sightreads of new songs...I think these songs are from two weeks ago?

RB3 DLC:

390. Do You Believe in Love
391. The Heart of Rock and Roll
392. I Want a New Drug

RBN2:

138. Fists Fall
139. BEER!!
140. Bullet

Obviously I do have some more sightreads to catch up on; I'll get to that soon.

The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Awesome job knocking out those horrid stooges charts man. Glad no one else has to ever play them for proof of FCs
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WOW! Awesome job knocking out those horrid stooges charts man. Glad no one else has to ever play them for proof of FCs

Thanks; it was painful but I am glad that I have the FCs now I guess.

So I put in Rock Band 2 with the intention of knocking off the last non-importable song I have left, which is something I've done several times. Well this time I finally got it. Let There Be Rock FC. ABOUT FUCKING TIME. Video is currently being uploaded. 79/84 in RB2, 5 songs left if I decide to get serious about going for the FGFC.

Let There Be Rock FC

Also I got a random lucky troll lane FC in Everything Zen yesterday (recent RB3 DLC; was part of the Bush pack).

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTBR is a beautiful FC. Good luck on getting #80!

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LTBR is a beautiful FC. Good luck on getting #80!

Thanks! It seems inevitable that Peace Sells should be the one to fill that spot but for some reason I continue to be ridiculously inconsistent on it even though it's SUCH an easy pattern. And it's really not even that fast.

Here's me catching up on sightreads. None of these FCs are really impressive but as far as quantity goes I did manage to reach the quarter-century mark towards the next 1000 FCs (currently at 2254). Note that there's only 2513 RB songs total on PS3 as of today.

I included comments to describe my feelings while playing each song:

RB3 DLC:

394. Santa Monica - need to go to the liquor store soon...all I have left at the moment is Everclear
395. The Anthem - eeeew
396. Curl of the Burl - I know the sample size is small, but it seems like Mastodon songs are always unexpectedly (considering genre) easy on guitar
397. The Good Life - fuck troll lanes
398. I Hate Everything About You - eh
399. Pain - I actually like this song, though it is (as expected) boring as all hell to play
400. Down Under - 'oh that song' moment
401. Overkill - I remember nothing about this one, even after listening to the preview again
402. Second Chance - this was on the radio all the goddamn time a few years ago but I still kinda like it
403. The Crow and the Butterfly - I'm not sure whether I heard this song prior to playing it on RB...one line in the chorus seemed familiar but nothing else (including the rest of the chorus)
404. Bully - this was actually kinda fun

only song I didn't FC from the regular DLC in this set was Smooth, a Santana song without any true hard parts, but quite a few tricky/annoying parts. It also has troll lanes, so it can go fuck itself.

RBN2:

141. Hyperdrive - hated this
142. Shipwrecked - lol @ more pirate-themed songs
143. BRODYQUEST - stupid song, glad to get it over with on sightread
144. The Grinder's Tale - sightread FC, nice considering the 7-minute length and the fact that I didn't particularly like the song
145. Eternity Below - I'm always disappointed by non-Africa Quartered songs...I guess Africa is just too awesome
146. Pray For You - lyrics make the singer sound like a dick ('I pray for bad things to happen to you' is basically the gist of it)
147. Happy People - 2nd of 3 country songs released in a single week
148. Leave Me Be - this and the above two are country...I didn't mind it too much (none of them are terrible, though none of them are great either), but 3 random obscure country songs in one week is a bit odd
149. Far Away From Heaven (RB3 Version) - stop giving us RB3 versions of boring songs that we already have the regular version of...just wasted slots IMO (I know my viewpoint is heavily biased since I give zero fucks about keys and harmonies, but still...keys are tier 1 on this anyway)
150. Preacher Man - speaking of wasted slots, it always annoys me a bit when one band gets multiple slots in one week (this and the previous song are by Free Spirit); anyway this was actually a pretty decent sightread FC and not that bad of a song
151. Paced Energy - the first 'SoulEye' song that I haven't sightread FCed despite it being the easiest one released on PS3 thus far
152. Break Me - had to listen to the preview to remember what this was...and I just played it an hour ago
153. No More Excuses - the title made me think of "No Excuses," a great song by Alice in Chains, but actually this is just another crappy alternative song
154. Bigger Than Kiss - not quite as dumb as I expected it to be
155. The Massacre (Rock Band Mix) - all of these electronic songs we've been getting have one thing in common...way too many long annoying rests; the parts you actually get to play tend to be at least decent, but the rests just kill it

Non-FCs from the RBN included:

Blackbird -- not actually that hard, but it was pissing me off so I just let it go (the song has a moderately fast strumming section with the always-annoying hammer-ons in there to cause bullshit combo breaks)

Heartless -- WOW the strumming is actually charted the way it should be! (no hammer-ons!!!!!); regardless of that this song simply requires more endurance than I have

Gravitational Lensing -- there's one part in the solo that's just way too fast for me

The Cascade Effect -- easy by Chaotrope standards, but still a bit too hard for me...I actually did almost tech FC it, but couldn't figure out how to hit the transition at the end of the tapping

Dystopia -- don't think I have to explain this one...I did have some fun in practice mode with it though, hitting the fast trill on 80% speed and even hitting the super-fast triplets at the end of the solo on 70% speed

BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB3 DLC:

405. Everybody's Fool
406. Lithium
407. What You Want
-------------------------------------------------------
408. Get the Party Started
409. Funhouse
410. Please Don't Leave Me
411. Sober
412. Nobody's Fool
413. Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)
414. Shelter Me
415. Two Tickets to Paradise
416. Only One
417. Drops of Jupiter

RBN2:

156. Indiscriminate Murder is Counter-Productive
157. Tear It Up
158. Do the Donkey Kong
159. Starlight Speedway
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
160. Super Villain
161. Good Morning Tucson
162. The Stache
163. Do Your Thing
164. King of Everything
165. Fur Immer Verloren
166. Rocket Dragon
167. Gordon Freeman Saved My Life
168. Keyhole in the Sky
169. Say
170. Hope & Ruin
171. Cheesy Pop Song
172. Rise and Shine

The ones above the line I did when they came out but just never posted them. The things below the line are from the last 4 weeks of DLC, which I ignored until today. Overall I got 10/13 from regular DLC (everything except the entire Slayer pack) and 13/20 from RBN2. I may have another small update tomorrow or the next day for the next set of songs. A few comments:

Raining Blood - after playing this I hate the chart even more than I did when I watched the preview; the ending troll lanes are seriously torture to play (btw I don't call them troll lanes as a joke...it's a derisive term that I use as an expression of my hatred towards the mechanic; and no I will not stop using the term, for those who seem to have a problem with it I really couldn't care less)
Time Bomb - best song of the month IMO; too bad I can't hit that ascending part that goes like over and over or I would probably be able to FC it; also this has got to be one of the hardest tier 3's ever (even if we're just considering pass difficulty it should be at least a 5 IMO)
Good Morning Tucson - I now know how to pronounce the word 'Tucson'
P!nk pack - positives = 4 gimme FCs; negatives = listening to the songs; bashing through this pack was not fun at all
Do Your Thing - very good SRFC for me, one of my best ever; I never actually went back and took a 2nd look at the hard part so maybe it's easier than I think...but I remember being absolutely shocked when I hit that part on the sightread, so it's probably at least something that I would normally have to practice
Welcome to the Skalocaust - I have 1st by 18k on PS3 but that doesn't mean I like playing this song...the verse riff is seriously brutal
Gordon Freeman Saved My Life - actually somewhat catchy despite the dumb name
Keyhole in the Sky - my first Rishloo FC I think; got it on SR; caught a lucky break in fast strumming troll lane section
Cheesy Pop Song - I don't find this song amusing honestly
Rise and Shine - took a few tries as well; first solo is a bit easier than it looks though

I have videos of the last 2 that I plan to upload in the near future.

Skalocaust 98% (score was 288k, which is 18k higher than 2nd place on PS3) is the tagline because it's more impressive than any of the FCs I got. I wasn't really disappointed with my sightreading though...pretty much everything I failed to FC is far beyond me (Talisman, Never... Again, Skalocaust, the entire Slayer pack, etc...quite a few really hard songs were released last month). I feel like I pretty much got everything I should have gotten.

UPDATE: Skalocaust 99% with 348k (78k over second place on PS3 btw) and safely over the gold-star cutoff (I saw gold appear well before the end of the song). I figured out a new method for the verses that is working really well (in short, I reverse the strumming pattern, creating a more downstrum-based pattern). Once I get into the verses with this method (which is proving difficult...the simple double downstrum is proving ineffective), I'm pretty consistent at comboing them and can see myself FCing the song.

Last edited by BobDole on Tue May 08, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep up the good work ;)
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, as always

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video tomorrow.

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shit. Nice work, man. O_o

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Someone else is good at this song!

Awesome FC BDole
iHomer  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great FC, everyone always complains about this song being fucked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: