FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twisted Metal Hero (All Old Songs Updated;2 New Songs from TMHO & TM3)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
superfly360  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Twisted Metal Hero (All Old Songs Updated;2 New Songs from T Reply with quote

I am currently working on charting all the songs from the Twisted Metal video game series. I use EOF to chart them and they are playable in FoFiX, Phase Shift, etc. I am not competent with Reaper so only a few songs have RBAs, which were done by some nice people converting my charts.

Twisted Metal

Apparently this is not actually played during the Cyburbia level in Twisted Metal. Whoever made the song titles for Twisted Metal Sympathy messed this up and probably a few others. Regardless, this is still an awesome track, with great guitar shredding. Keys has a lot of empty space, but the trumpet fills hit from out of nowhere at times. Drums and bass are simple but still fun. I may need to update the guitar chart at some point, and maybe keys too.

UPDATED!
This is the theme for the first Twisted Metal, and it rocks your socks. The guitar chart has 3 short solos, lots of variety, and numerous trills. The drum chart is mostly simple yet fun beats, and has several tom sections. Bass has a fun main beat played throughout the song. This is the last of the old charts that I have updated, so from here out it will be new songs. :thumbup:

Twisted Metal 2

Ahh Holland, the crazy hard level right before the final level in Twisted Metal 2. This fun country/southern rock song isn't incredibly difficult on guitar, but it has an end solo with a section that may throw you off. Drums has a relatively fast main beat and a few tricky fills. Bass goes all up and down the fret board at a quick pace, but it shouldn't present much trouble to an experienced player. Keys, on the other hand, has numerous awkward chords and transitions, all at a quick pace. While it doesn't contain any ridiculous, Dragonforce-esque parts, it is consitently difficult throughout and may tire out your hand very quickly.

The first level of Twisted Metal 2 has one of the best and most iconic songs in the entire series. The guitar track is pretty simple, up until the solo where you're hit with a difficult fingering section. The drums are relentless in this track, with fast main beats and countless tricky fills. The bass chart doesn't give much of a break either, with constant strumming and transitions.

UPDATED!
Another recognizable track from arguably the most iconic level in all of Twisted Metal. Blowing up the Eiffel Tower was an incredibly memorable moment for all Twisted Metal fans. Guitar has a lot of empty space, but has several easy solos, along with a somewhat tricky picking part before a couple solos. The drum chart has several unique sections, along with a pretty crazy tom solo. The bass chart is nothing special, just mimicking the rhythm guitar in the background, with a few fills. Keys has several easy French instrument sections.

Very possibly the most popular track in the series, this is the title screen music for Twisted Metal 2. The tiers would be significantly higher if the song wasn't so short, at less than a minute long, making it difficult to actually fail. In that short time though, you are hit with heavy metal guitar shredding, thundering drum beats, and quick bass rhythms. I may need to update the guitar track.

Twisted Metal 3

This Rob Zombie song is played during the intro movie and final level of Twisted Metal 3. The third game of the series was not well received, especially by fans of the first two games. It was not a bad game (in my opinion) but it was a very disappointing sequel. Nonetheless, the soundtrack is still great, though a much different style from the previous games, in that it has licensed music. This song in particular is pretty easy on every instrument. Drums has a cool tom section in the bridge. This is one of my first vocal charts, and I doubt it is extremely accurate, so if anyone can review it I would appreciate it.

This is from the second level in Twisted Metal 3, Washington DC, where you fight Darkside as the first boss. It's a great song from a great band, with easy guitar and bass tracks, juxtaposed to the insane drum track. It won me first place in the March 2011 drum competition. Keys are mostly absent after the first verse, but come back suddenly in a somewhat crazy bridge section. Like Meet the Creeper, this is one of my first vocals charts, so it probably isn't completely accurate. Piminguts92 made the video for this song, along with the RBA, which you can download here

NEW!
I believe this and the song that plays during the London level are the only original, non-licensed tracks made for Twisted Metal 3. This is a heavy metal song with a guitar chart that's essentially a three minute long solo. It's pretty tricky throughout, though nothing is extremely difficult. The drum chart has near constant bass pedal that keeps the beat, with several fills that require you to double (or triple!) hit with your left stick. Bass is very easy, and could possibly move down to tier 0.

Twisted Metal 4

Like Twisted Metal 3, the fourth game in the series and the second by 989 Studios has a licensed soundtrack. This is a nu-metal/rap-metal track by a pretty obscure band, and it's pretty catchy. It's played in the bedroom level. Guitar and bass aren't too difficult, and drums has some tricky fills and beats but shouldn't pose much of an issue to a decent drummer. Vocals is mostly talkies, but has pitched lyrics in the bridge. This is actually a shortened version of the album version. I'm unsure why it was shortened so much from a little over four minutes to two and a half.

This is a catchy instrumental of another nu-metal song. It's played during the oil rig level. Guitar and bass are mostly one relatively tricky rhythm. Drums has lots of bass pedal work and fills. Keys is one easy beat repeated infrequently throughout the song. Vocals is just the spoken parts at the beginning, with tambourine sections during the choruses.

Twisted Metal Black

This frightening quick paced track plays when you face the first boss in Twisted Metal Black, Minion. And it certainly fits the atmosphere of the battle perfectly. Guitar and bass are very easy, and are essentially background parts that could have been charted to keys had there not been a more significant part. Keys are pretty easy, but have a few quick sections keeping it out of tier 0. Drums are pretty crazy, with several unique beats and fills. This chart was featured in Drum Project 4.

The chilling intro guitar riff to this classic is played before the title screen in Twisted Metal Black, with the whole song playing during the credits. The guitar chart is from Guitar Hero 3, with some modifications. Bass is pretty simple throughout. Drums has some fun fills and beats during the choruses, and two long snare rolls. I'm not an experienced vocals charter, and this is probably the most difficult song to chart that I have completed. Apparently someone else has already made a full band chart for this with harmonies, so I may use that at some point, assuming the charter does not mind.

After listening to the intro of Paint It, Black you are hit with this creepy atmospheric song. The version that comes with Twisted Metal Symphony cuts out the last parts of the song, so it's rather short. Guitar, bass, and keys are very easy. Drums are a little trickier, but still pretty simple. All of the charts are quite unique.

Twisted Metal Small Brawl

As with many songs in Twisted Metal Small Brawl, this is a remake of a track from Twisted Metal 1 or 2. Specifically, this is a remake of Freeway Free-for-All from the first game in the series. This may be the hardest full band song in Twisted Metal Hero. The guitar chart is played on a relentless swing beat with a crazy triplet solo. Drums is a brutal swing beat rhythm with tons of little variations. Bass is easier than guitar and drums, but it still has pretty tricky rhythms and strumming. Keys are mostly absent, but have two insane organ solos. There may be more keys outside of the solos, but it is difficult to hear them if they are there. I will go back to this chart someday and check.

This, as far as I know, is not a remake of any previous song in the series. It's a lot easier than Easy Death Oven, but each chart has numerous tricky sections sure to throw off even experienced players. Drums in particular are filled with awkward beats.

Twisted Metal: Head On

An inescapably catchy track from the first and only portable Twisted Metal game, this is one of the songs played during the Los Angeles level and the main menu. Guitar is mostly strumming, but has some tricky riffs thrown in periodically. Bass is filled with catchy rhythms, but nothing too difficult. Drums has a funky main beat, with several fun fills throughout, along with a crazy drum solo. The keys chart doesn't have much empty space and has a decent amount of variety for an easy song.

UPDATED!
This is one of my favorite tracks from Twisted Metal Head On, and it is clearly inspired by (or ripping off) many popular rock n' roll songs. Drums are played on a tricky swing beat with several snare sections like those in Ballroom Blitz by Sweet in Rock Band. Guitar has fun strumming and chord sections, concluding with an epic solo shredding up and down the fretboard. Bass is easier than the other two instruments, and is mostly a simple but catchy main beat. I think I need to update the bass chart though. This updated chart was featured in Drum Project 4.

Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition

NEW!
This is a long, catchy electronic song that plays during the bonus levels in Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition. The name "Red Square" comes from the red square-shaped teleporters that take you to the bonus levels in the game. Guitar and bass are mostly easy and repetitive, except for one section which may catch you off guard at first. Drums are mostly one main beat, that progressively gets tougher and adds more notes throughout. There is also a double bass section, along with a weird disco beat. Keys are pretty simple, with some electronic sounds and organ notes. Vocals are opera-style quire singing, and as with all my vocal charts, it may not be accurate so any help would be appreciated. Also, this song was featured in Drum Project 4.

This is the theme to the "Lost" section of Extra Twisted Edition. It's really short and easy on everything. If the song was longer, the tiers might be a little higher, but it's basically impossible to fail as is.

One of the heaviest tracks in the entire series plays in the Transyvania level in ETE and during the final boss in the PSP version. Guitar is pretty fast and tricky, but contains nothing extraordinarily hard. Bass is essentially a skeleton of the guitar chart, which makes a pretty difficult chart by bass standards. Drums has a lot of double bass and fills, many of which are fairly difficult. Keys has much variety, though not much is challenging except for the intro.

Quote:
I would like to have videos for the charts being played in RBA but I do not have an Xbox, nor have I been successful in my attempts to compile them in Magma. It would be great if people who know how to do this could make them work with RBA and make videos for them. If you make a video for a chart, I will chart any (reasonable length) song that you want, and your request doesn't have to be a song in Twisted Metal.

Here's the instructions from my thread on Fretsonfire.net:
Quote:
If you make a full band video preview for a chart on here, I will chart a song that you request on guitar and/or drums[doesn't have to be in Twisted Metal]. Of course, be reasonable and don't request really long songs. To be on this list, you must create a full band video which includes all instruments that are charted for the song. This means that if the song has vocals, it must be played in RBA. Since I don't know how to get charts working in RBA, help will be needed. If the song doesn't have vocals, and you don't have RBA, Phase Shift would be prefered. Send the videos to me and I'll upload them on a TM Hero Youtube channel. Make sure it's at least decent quality video. I'll be sure to link to your Youtube channel, chart thread, or anything else you want.

I am not exactly knowledgeable of circumstances regarding RBN, XNA, or Audition Mode, as I am not involved with them. But I am unsure if my request for videos is practical anymore do to recent events, but if anyone can still make videos in Rock Band I will still chart requests. I have found a free screen capturing program that is muuuuch better quality than Hypercam, so I will probably be capable of recording songs without vocal charts on Phase Shift.

I will try to keep this thread updated at the same rate I update the thread on Fretsonfire.net, but check here if there hasn't been an update in a while, just in case I forgot to update this thread.

People who have helped me with this project (I will be charting all the songs by myself [unless they are charted by Harmonix/Activision/etc.]. These people critiqued my charts, provided information on the songs, or something else that helped with Twisted Metal Hero.):

aander91: Reviewed "Easy Death Oven" in the December 2010 guitar competition
Paturages: Reviewed "Easy Death Oven" in the December 2010 guitar competition
inimitable: Reviewed "Microwaved" in the March 2011 drum competition

People who have created videos for the charts:
psymatiq (Alien Magnet, Meat Your Maker, Vampire's Teeth [Transylvania])
pikminguts92 (Meet the Creeper, Microwaved)

People who have helped motivate me with the project with kind words:

Mistabone
v4vendetta

Last edited by superfly360 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can capture gameplay in RB3's audition mode. I capture via composite (RCA) cables but I consider the quality good. You can see examples on my YT channel.

Just PM me and we can work out the details.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dibs on

Twisted Metal:
Assault On Cyburbia

Twisted Metal Small Brawl:
Meat Your Maker - Mike Reagan, Gregory J. Hainer

Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition:
Vampire's Teeth (Transylvania)

i will look into em tommorow, i was planing starting up my dazzle anyways for some streaming tommorow. And the songs will take 30 min max to make. =)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
dibs on

Twisted Metal:
Assault On Cyburbia

Twisted Metal Small Brawl:
Meat Your Maker - Mike Reagan, Gregory J. Hainer

Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition:

i will look into em tommorow, i was planing starting up my dazzle anyways for some streaming tommorow. And the songs will take 30 min max to make. =)

pikminguts92 wrote:
I can capture gameplay in RB3's audition mode. I capture via composite (RCA) cables but I consider the quality good. You can see examples on my YT channel.

Just PM me and we can work out the details.

Thanks guys! In case anyone is wondering, I am currently working on Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones from Twisted Metal Black. I'm using GH3's guitar chart and have finished a drum and bass chart. The vocals are taking forever though. I might start a new song as well and update other songs. You can check out my thread on Fretsonfire.net to see which songs I need to update and request one if you wish.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making videos for...

Twisted Metal 3:
Meet the Creeper - Rob Zombie
Microwaved - Pitch Shifter

...just saying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ived made these into rba/cons so far

Alien Magnet - Ghoulspoon

so far i might skip Assault On Cyburbia

and do some other song instead... still need to figure it out... i made pro keys for vampire teeth btw magma requires pro to even pass magma with standard keys.

My big problem atm is that i cant use aud mode atm cause my pc whines like crazy... so my chart preview might not be all instruments cause im low on batteries.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
I'm making videos for...

Twisted Metal 3:
Meet the Creeper - Rob Zombie
Microwaved - Pitch Shifter

...just saying.

Thanks!
psymatiq wrote:
ived made these into rba/cons so far

Alien Magnet - Ghoulspoon

so far i might skip Assault On Cyburbia

and do some other song instead... still need to figure it out... i made pro keys for vampire teeth btw magma requires pro to even pass magma with standard keys.

My big problem atm is that i cant use aud mode atm cause my pc whines like crazy... so my chart preview might not be all instruments cause im low on batteries.

Alright thanks! If you want to choose a song that doesn't have very many instruments, Twisted Metal 2 Theme and Los Angeles only have guitar, drums, and bass (no vocals or keys). And thanks for making the pro keys chart for Vampire's Teeth! I have no idea how to chart pro keys so you helped me out there. Assault on Cyburbia has a weird keys chart so pro keys might be a bit of a problem to chart I imagine so I understand. I can make a version without keys if you still want to do that song though.

If you can't get all instruments to work that's fine. You can just cut out one of the less notable instruments when you record it.

Be sure to send the videos to me so I can upload it to a Twisted Metal Hero Youtube channel. You can still upload it to your channel if you'd like, but I want all of the videos to also be found in one channel, so it's easy for people to subscribe. I can provide links to your channel, song thread, Rock Band/Guitar Hero scores, or anything else you want linked in the description of the video if you want.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos are made. The links are in your inbox.

Edit:
Blooper.
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto con/rbas made and video send

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll get the rest of the videos uploaded to Youtube and the rbas/cons uploaded eventually. I'll also get started on your requests soon. I'm having midterms all this week so I won't be able to wrok too much on them, but I will get them completed.
Do You have a request for a song on guitar and/or drums? Can you record videos of Audition Mode? Make a video for a chart of mine in Twisted Metal Hero and I'll chart a song for you. Check the thread for more details.
superfly360  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys I'm back. A while ago school work and other life stuff piled up and took up all my free time. I gave up charting for several months, but got back into it recently.

I've updated the first post with videos of charts that have been made. I've also added links to videos of just the song for charts that don't have videos yet, along with links to download the RBAs of the charts I have them for.

I've updated a few songs, and added a new chart. It's Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones, who's intro was used before the title screen in Twisted Metal Black along with the entire song being used for the credits in the same game. It has full band charted, which includes guitar (from GH3 with some edits), bass, pro drums, and vocals. I'm not exactly an expert at charting vocals (actually I suck quite a bit) so any critiques of my vocals charts (or any charts really) would be much appreciated.
Do You have a request for a song on guitar and/or drums? Can you record videos of Audition Mode? Make a video for a chart of mine in Twisted Metal Hero and I'll chart a song for you. Check the thread for more details.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly360 wrote:
I've updated a few songs, and added a new chart. It's Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones, who's intro was used before the title screen in Twisted Metal Black along with the entire song being used for the credits in the same game. It has full band charted, which includes guitar (from GH3 with some edits), bass, pro drums, and vocals. I'm not exactly an expert at charting vocals (actually I suck quite a bit) so any critiques of my vocals charts (or any charts really) would be much appreciated.

There's actually a version done out there (w/ harmonies, done by yours truly), though I don't have a current link for it. :/

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
superfly360  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished updating all of the old charts, and added 2 new charts: Red Square from Head On and Valley of the Kings (Egypt) from Twisted Metal 3. I completely revamped the first post as well.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to center text on this forum?

Quote:
There's actually a version done out there (w/ harmonies, done by yours truly), though I don't have a current link for it. :/

If you or someone else has a link to the chart, I may use it in the project, as long as all the charters don't mind of course. The vocals chart is more than likely far superior to mine.
DJLoozinit  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, does anyone have links to these as .cons? thx
looks like a great project.
BigBananaDealer  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJLoozinit wrote:
hey, does anyone have links to these as .cons? thx
looks like a great project.

Bumping in case someone does now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: