FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/13 DLC: Rush, Black Veil Brides, and Volbeat!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FL4RE  
 




Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Down South (Cornwall) Jukin'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH I seriously give up, you're obviously such a supercilious ass that really isn't any point trying to get you to see any different.
Its clear we have different views about the chart, and nothing is going to make either of us see different.
Talk about a pointless argument.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Flyxolydian
Mystakin  
 




Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 1152
Location: State College, PA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
UGH I seriously give up, you're obviously such a supercilious ass that really isn't any point trying to get you to see any different.
Its clear we have different views about the chart, and nothing is going to make either of us see different.
Talk about a pointless argument.


I have a low tolerance for people who treat other people's perspectives as worthless. When you hop into a thread proclaiming that everyone who disagrees with you on these charts is a fanboy, I have no interest in being nice to you. I greet scorn with harsher, more blunt ridicule. If that makes me an ass, then so be it. We have different opinions on these charts, but that doesn't make either of us wrong. I respect your position of disliking the chart. If it's not fun for you, it's not fun. No amount of arguing will make you think it's fun, just as no amount of arguing will make me believe it's not fun. I do not, and will not, respect your blatant disregard for other people's opinions, however.

And for the record, I said I would have made the sweep part different. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't decided to dig deeper into it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message AIM Address XBL Gamertag: Mystakin
PuppetMaster9  
 




Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1379
Location: [SUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Spirit of Radio's intro is accurate if you actually listen to it. It's not Harmonix's fault that Neversoft got it wrong( or they used a different version ). There's nothing that hard in the solo, either. It's just not a sightread FC. 2 minutes in practice mode will get that ending down. Again, it just sounds like complaints because you broke your SRFC or something. I'm sorry Harmonix isn't going to make it easy for you at the expense of accuracy.

I disagree one-hundred-effing-percent with this.
Here's why:

The discontinuities between the Pro Guitar chart and the Legacy Guitar chart are downright ridiculous. On the Pro Guitar chart, the intro riff is constant, just like the Guitar Hero 5 chart; in addition, the solo consists tons upon tons of strumming and chords. I know it may seem like an odd way for me to have something against the Legacy Guitar chart, but this chart differentiates from its Pro counterpart to a wildly absurd degree. The intro riff I can partially understand (though I can't say I support it), but the solo is just inexcusable; how in the ever-loving crap does constantly strumming chords transfer to spread-out notes with random spazzing at the end? I wouldn't be complaining this much if it actually sounded like it corresponds with the song, but quite frankly, it doesn't. At all. I've listened to it over and over trying to think of a reason to formally justify the way they charted it, but I have found almost nothing that makes the thought process behind the formulation of the chart understandable. Simply said, both the actual tabs and the actual playing couldn't have provoked it to be charted like that; the only thing I can think of that could provoke it is the charter not knowing what the hell they're supposed to be doing.
_________________




YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Mystakin  
 




Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 1152
Location: State College, PA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
Spirit of Radio's intro is accurate if you actually listen to it. It's not Harmonix's fault that Neversoft got it wrong( or they used a different version ). There's nothing that hard in the solo, either. It's just not a sightread FC. 2 minutes in practice mode will get that ending down. Again, it just sounds like complaints because you broke your SRFC or something. I'm sorry Harmonix isn't going to make it easy for you at the expense of accuracy.

I disagree one-hundred-effing-percent with this.
Here's why:

The discontinuities between the Pro Guitar chart and the Legacy Guitar chart are downright ridiculous. On the Pro Guitar chart, the intro riff is constant, just like the Guitar Hero 5 chart; in addition, the solo consists tons upon tons of strumming and chords. I know it may seem like an odd way for me to have something against the Legacy Guitar chart, but this chart differentiates from its Pro counterpart to a wildly absurd degree. The intro riff I can partially understand (though I can't say I support it), but the solo is just inexcusable; how in the ever-loving crap does constantly strumming chords transfer to spread-out notes with random spazzing at the end? I wouldn't be complaining this much if it actually sounded like it corresponds with the song, but quite frankly, it doesn't. At all. I've listened to it over and over trying to think of a reason to formally justify the way they charted it, but I have found almost nothing that makes the thought process behind the formulation of the chart understandable. Simply said, both the actual tabs and the actual playing couldn't have provoked it to be charted like that; the only thing I can think of that could provoke it is the charter not knowing what the hell they're supposed to be doing.


This is something that I keep meaning to make videos for because it's been driving me crazy. I've been noticing a lot of discrepancies between Pro and Legacy guitar charts. I'm not sure why it happens. I presume they have different authors on each of them(which kind of makes sense to get stuff done quicker). It's not that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things, but it is really odd when they're so wildly different.

I do think the intro is correct in 5-lane... at least that's how it sounds to me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message AIM Address XBL Gamertag: Mystakin
PuppetMaster9  
 




Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1379
Location: [SUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
Spirit of Radio's intro is accurate if you actually listen to it. It's not Harmonix's fault that Neversoft got it wrong( or they used a different version ). There's nothing that hard in the solo, either. It's just not a sightread FC. 2 minutes in practice mode will get that ending down. Again, it just sounds like complaints because you broke your SRFC or something. I'm sorry Harmonix isn't going to make it easy for you at the expense of accuracy.

I disagree one-hundred-effing-percent with this.
Here's why:

The discontinuities between the Pro Guitar chart and the Legacy Guitar chart are downright ridiculous. On the Pro Guitar chart, the intro riff is constant, just like the Guitar Hero 5 chart; in addition, the solo consists tons upon tons of strumming and chords. I know it may seem like an odd way for me to have something against the Legacy Guitar chart, but this chart differentiates from its Pro counterpart to a wildly absurd degree. The intro riff I can partially understand (though I can't say I support it), but the solo is just inexcusable; how in the ever-loving crap does constantly strumming chords transfer to spread-out notes with random spazzing at the end? I wouldn't be complaining this much if it actually sounded like it corresponds with the song, but quite frankly, it doesn't. At all. I've listened to it over and over trying to think of a reason to formally justify the way they charted it, but I have found almost nothing that makes the thought process behind the formulation of the chart understandable. Simply said, both the actual tabs and the actual playing couldn't have provoked it to be charted like that; the only thing I can think of that could provoke it is the charter not knowing what the hell they're supposed to be doing.


This is something that I keep meaning to make videos for because it's been driving me crazy. I've been noticing a lot of discrepancies between Pro and Legacy guitar charts. I'm not sure why it happens. I presume they have different authors on each of them(which kind of makes sense to get stuff done quicker). It's not that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things, but it is really odd when they're so wildly different.

I do think the intro is correct in 5-lane... at least that's how it sounds to me.

I'd say the intro in structure is correct (though it's hard to go with anything else), but I'm still not alright with those random breaks. They just seem unnecessary and - on the whole - seem like too much of an obscure deviation from the riff. I honestly think Guitar Hero 5's was better in that it didn't want to break the continuity simply due to some inconspicuous mistakes Lifeson makes (and I can't believe I just said that since I totally hate Guitar Hero 5).
_________________




YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
blingdomepiece  
 




Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 4337
Location: Ottawa ON Canada

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
UGH I seriously give up, you're obviously such a supercilious ass that really isn't any point trying to get you to see any different.
Its clear we have different views about the chart, and nothing is going to make either of us see different.
Talk about a pointless argument.


If you realize that your different views are not going to result in agreement, why did you still have to insult him over his?

You don't need to answer that. It's a rhetorical question. Please don't be a jerk.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am not endorsing mystakin's posts here either. I responded to FL4RE because those three sentences were the best example of how ridiculous this is on both sides. It's the whole "disagree without being disagreeable" thing. My intent was not to take a side, but to end the bickering and have the chart discussion be about the charts.

EDIT: Anyone continuing to post in this topic, please make sure before hitting "Submit" that it's about this week's DLC and not about any other members. Thanks.
_________________
Expert Pro Keys: 50/63 GS, most recent The Killing Moon
Expert Pro Drums: 53/83 GS, most recent Free Bird / Oh My God / Oye Mi Amor
Expert Pro Bass: 6/83 GS, most recent Everybody Wants to Rule the World


Last edited by blingdomepiece on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message
Carltheshredder  
 




Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 1021
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguing aside, I'd like to put forth that the charting for the Caravan solo is so tucking refarded it may just be the only thing that keeps me from OMB'ing the entire pack. >_>
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: CarlTheHomeless
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Copyright © 2006-2017 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy


Powered by phpBB