FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Guide to Creating Full Rock Band Custom Charts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune-sama  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can chart songs in any midi editor. I use Guitar Pro 5 to chart my songs, using feedback just to convert them from .mid to .chart. So yes, there are other things than feedback for charting.

Rock Band Accomplishments
Guitar Hero Accomplishments
DLC Quickplay
ToddB15  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how do you add lyrics after you get the vocals charted, can you do it with Anvil, or do you need another program for it?
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToddB15 wrote:
I was wondering how do you add lyrics after you get the vocals charted, can you do it with Anvil, or do you need another program for it?

I would highly advise opening the MIDI in Reaper and following the RBN specs from there.
ToddB15  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
ToddB15 wrote:

I would highly advise opening the MIDI in Reaper and following the RBN specs from there.

Reaper is really confusing to use, and I notice the same thing with it, i'm not sure how to add lyrics
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToddB15 wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
ToddB15 wrote:

Reaper is really confusing to use, and I notice the same thing with it, i'm not sure how to add lyrics

Either add them as Lyrics individually, or create them in a text file, Ctrl+A on all vocal notes, and find the "Import Lyrics from Selected File" option.
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Rock Band 3 is out, I was wondering if customs still work for Rock Band 3 as they did for Rock Band 2? (I dont have rock band 3 yet but I want to be prepared for it either way.)
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girldrummer wrote:
Now that Rock Band 3 is out, I was wondering if customs still work for Rock Band 3 as they did for Rock Band 2? (I dont have rock band 3 yet but I want to be prepared for it either way.)

On 360, yes, use Mahoppian's new tools.
Theoretically they should work on Wii but there's no common method available yet.
lolPS3.
stranger24  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Reaper, the RBN template says F6 and F#6 are Force HOPO On and Off (respectively).

Is there an easier way to do this other than just copying and pasting each corresponding note you want to edit and shift it onto the corresponding midi note for every note you want to edit? Like can dB do it with some add note function? I noticed that dB charts the HOPOs GH-style where everything faster than an 8th note is a HOPO.

In some spots in the chart i'm working on, I need certain notes to be hammer-ons (such as hammer-on chords). It'd be nice if there was a way aside from the ridiculously tedious method i'm stuck with currently.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In EOF, you can just select the notes you want to be forced HOPO and press the H key to cycle them between forced HOPO on, forced off, and normal.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stranger24 wrote:
In Reaper, the RBN template says F6 and F#6 are Force HOPO On and Off (respectively).

Is there an easier way to do this other than just copying and pasting each corresponding note you want to edit and shift it onto the corresponding midi note for every note you want to edit? Like can dB do it with some add note function? I noticed that dB charts the HOPOs GH-style where everything faster than an 8th note is a HOPO.

In some spots in the chart i'm working on, I need certain notes to be hammer-ons (such as hammer-on chords). It'd be nice if there was a way aside from the ridiculously tedious method i'm stuck with currently.

You shouldn't be forcing a lot of notes anyway, since it's a poor charting practice. If you really need to do a lot of them, then you just gotta know how to work REAPER. It's very easy to use, but you gotta learn its various features.

I created a custom action for you that should help. Grab it here. Go to the MIDI editor in REAPER, bring up the actions menu, click Import/Export and select Import. Load up the file I just linked you to and you'll have a custom action called "Force HOPOs". Simply highlight the notes you want to force and run the action. It will prompt if you want to continue, but don't continue yet. Bring the Note Properties behind it to the front. In the "Note" field, you'll want to put the forced note that you'd like to use. The MIDI editor will tell you which is which, but for Expert difficulty, 101 F6 is forced on, 102 F#6 is off. So specify which one you'd like, click OK, click OK on the prompt that originally popped up and there ya go, all of those notes you selected are forced. Let me know if that worked for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
stranger24  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Let me know if that worked for you.

Yes it did. Thank you.

I only have so many points I want to force it because the tempo is too high in some parts, but I made it double-time for the sake of overdrive depletion.
brandx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is star power accumulated?

i've noticed that most of the time when you complete a phrase, you get 1/4 of the meter filled. but sometimes, when you play a single phrase, half the meter fills.

so what is the math going on?

asking for a friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: