FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/15 DLC: Stevie Wonder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Best week of 2011.
Either this or Yes, unless the Dream Theater single turns out to be Six Degrees, Octavarium, or Finally Free (All of which are never gonna happen.)

Also, I Wish pro guitar is up there with TTFAF protar and Veil Part 2 pro keys as the hardest charts ever, I can't make heads or tails of that shit. Same with Sir Duke.

Last edited by Hobo111 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I losing my mind, or is that hi-hat rhythm at the start of Superstition charted as straight eighths when it should be dotted eighth-sixteenth? (e.g. swing rhythm)
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Am I losing my mind, or is that hi-hat rhythm at the start of Superstition charted as straight eighths when it should be dotted eighth-sixteenth? (e.g. swing rhythm)

Ya that bugs me too.

Also lol at people complaining about a clavinet being charted to keys.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
Quote:
I think keyboardists would be understandably pissed about an iconic keyboard line being charted to guitar and having to play the horn parts, whereas if you are a 5-button player you can play the song on either guitar or keys and therefore get the part you want. We got stuck with the horn parts for Ohio Players, so now it's your turn .

Don't make assumptions. I play keys and I LOVE when they chart horns. I fucking love the ohio players songs on keys.

Wait, did you mean keys, or pro keys? Because if you like playing horns on regular keys, you're in luck. You can play the guitar part on the keyboard just like you can play the keyboard part on the guitar. If you love playing the Ohio Players songs on pro keys, congrats, you're really good. I found them both too difficult to enjoy playing either. Horn/sax parts on pro keys end up being a lot of fast chromatic stuff, usually with no chords unless they chart a horn section. If you're playing 5-lane, then you're free to love the charts whether they are 5-lane guitar, keys, or even bass, without having to adversely impact any pro keys players.

What you CAN'T do is play a non-pro keys part on pro keys, which means that if you have a song with a famous keyboard line, and HMX doesn't chart it to keys, the pro keyboardist is screwed. I think the same way you'd expect any famous guitar solo to be charted to guitar even if there is a rhythm guitar part going on, you should expect any famous keys part to be charted to keys regardless of whether there's also horns, violin, kazoos, or vuvuzelas playing in the background. It just seems fair and I don't know what else to say about it.

For the record, I'm not good enough to do terribly well on either ohio players song on pro keys, but the hardest part of either song is the actual organ part for Love Rollercoaster, not the horn part. Also, I love playing horns on pro keys in other songs (I Feel Good, 20th Century Boy, Giddy Up (that one country song just released), etc, etc). I think that's the beauty of the keyboard peripheral. Because you can synthesize the sound of almost any instrument on a real keyboard, it opens up gameplay to include more playable parts than ever before.

But my point is that I completely understand your point of view, and I'm perfectly happy with how HMX chose to author it. I think it's one of the better full band tracks we've seen in a long while. I was just noting that other options were available.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: 11/15 DLC: Stevie Wonder Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on November 15th, 2011:
  • Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder (X)

• Superstition by Stevie Wonder

• I Wish by Stevie Wonder (X)

• Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder

• Living For the City by Stevie Wonder

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system November 16th)

The tracks will be available as “Stevie Wonder 01” for $8.49 and will be available for purchase individually for $1.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and $2.00 on Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Angela Surf City by The Walkmen

• You're a Wolf by Sea Wolf

• Rollercoaster by Sleater-Kinney

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Apology Rejected by These Hearts

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Nothing this week. I recommend you all vote for Ultra Saturday because I want to enter scores for them.

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToradtheIdiot wrote:
Keys players may not like it, but I would've put the horns on keyboard and the keys on guitar for Superstition. For years I thought that key part was a guitar, anyways. Still a good looking week, though, only possible dud being Living for the City, but I love that song so I'm picking up the entire pack when I get home.
The problem is that you're moving an actual keys part, and guitar folks can still play the keys part on legacy keys on guitar. If they moved it, they couldn't chart the pro-keys part.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Amazing week, with every instrument bar drums getting a final tier song (or in vocals case, three).

In my personal opinion, 2 of those shouldn't be devil. Sir Duke is definitely nowhere near final tier difficulty - 5 dots at most maybe for some odd high pitches but they wont fail you out and it has pretty large pitch lines for a final tier song. Superstition is a maybe, it has smaller pitch lines but if you know the song you should be absolutely fine. I haven't sung it, but I've heard from a friend Living in the City is actually quite hard.

It's nice to get some devil tiers in a while though, most songs never seem to get that (even PBTDBL, which I think coulda been final tier, was shoved into Nightmare). It just kinda feels to me that most songs in the final tier are easier than some songs in the first two tiers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadysphere wrote:
diablocon wrote:
Amazing week, with every instrument bar drums getting a final tier song (or in vocals case, three).

In my personal opinion, 2 of those shouldn't be devil. Sir Duke is definitely nowhere near final tier difficulty - 5 dots at most maybe for some odd high pitches but they wont fail you out and it has pretty large pitch lines for a final tier song. Superstition is a maybe, it has smaller pitch lines but if you know the song you should be absolutely fine. I haven't sung it, but I've heard from a friend Living in the City is actually quite hard.
Really? From my experience, Living In The City was the easiest from the pack. OF course, I also think that PBTDL is overtiered, but w/e.
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadysphere wrote:
diablocon wrote:

It's nice to get some devil tiers in a while though, most songs never seem to get that (even PBTDBL, which I think coulda been final tier, was shoved into Nightmare). It just kinda feels to me that most songs in the final tier are easier than some songs in the first two tiers
Vocal teiring is by far the most subjective. I usually can judge how difficult it will be based on the vocal tones and how familiar I am with the song (I know "Low Rider", but my range doesn't work well with it, yet I can nearly FC "Call Me", "Psycho Killer", and "Go Your Own Way", though I don't play Vox much), and as such I generally don't pay much attention to the tiers. Living For the City sounds like the easiest due to the long sustain lines, but Stevie does go all over the place, so even the same lyrical verse is rarely at quite the same pitch, which is where the difficulty lies.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
Vocal teiring is by far the most subjective. I usually can judge how difficult it will be based on the vocal tones and how familiar I am with the song (I know "Low Rider", but my range doesn't work well with it, yet I can nearly FC "Call Me", "Psycho Killer", and "Go Your Own Way", though I don't play Vox much), and as such I generally don't pay much attention to the tiers. Living For the City sounds like the easiest due to the long sustain lines, but Stevie does go all over the place, so even the same lyrical verse is rarely at quite the same pitch, which is where the difficulty lies.

Having actually played Living for the City, I managed a -1 on my SR. Yeah, it's not hard really. And you're right - vocals are hugely subjective. One song which may be balls hard for someone may be ridiculously easy for another, and vice versa. The only songs I think break this are stuff like Doin' that Rag and Tangled Up In Blue - long songs with so many varied pitches that it's hard to keep up. And even then, people still ace those quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on posts in this thread (which I read before playing the songs), I expected I Wish to be some stupid annoying random strum-fest...was delighted to discover that this is not the case at all. (Almost*) all of the strums make perfect sense. The best way I can think to describe it is that the main pattern of the song is based heavily on grace notes...some people might not enjoy it but I personally found it decently fun.

*Referring to the hard part near the end, which does have a few annoying random strums.

Every song in this pack is decent on guitar by the way, and of course the songs are great. This is definitely one of my favorite DLC packs in awhile.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
Based on posts in this thread (which I read before playing the songs), I expected I Wish to be some stupid annoying random strum-fest...was delighted to discover that this is not the case at all. (Almost*) all of the strums make perfect sense. The best way I can think to describe it is that the main pattern of the song is based heavily on grace notes...some people might not enjoy it but I personally found it decently fun.

*Referring to the hard part near the end, which does have a few annoying random strums.

Every song in this pack is decent on guitar by the way, and of course the songs are great. This is definitely one of my favorite DLC packs in awhile.

Fully agreed.

Even Living For the City was really fun, albeit pretty easy. It started off slow, but picked up a lot on guitar by the end.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Superstition was harder than I realised. I got nice 5*'s on all songs, a GS on LFTC but only 4*'d Superstition. To put it one way, out of the 761 songs I own, the only ones I haven't 5*'d are Visions, Stand Up and Shout and For the Love of God (Live). It's also only got 89%, the lowest along with Visions. Of course, it's a sightread. I had Megadeth songs in that 4* category once. The only one that was a struggle from Peace Sells was Bad Omen, I think.

Anyway, I also bought this pack with Grateful Dead 01. I was fighting over myself for which 3-pack I would get along with this Stevie Wonder pack. Ended up ignoring that and got this on a whim. Played Truckin' back on the PS2 before, actually really enjoyed it. Out of the songs I've played so far...it's my least favourite to play. Today I have made two very excellent choices (Well, three, as I also put some extra money in my account, meaning that I have enough for two songs when they come out. DT and something else!)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wonder is a very legendary musician of his time and his songs are very timeless that up until now we can still hear his songs and we are still familiar with him in this generation, at least. i do hope that i will be able to see more releases on this as their songs might be perfect for my collection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: