FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just brainstorming..Top 20 leaderboards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EekCapone  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Just brainstorming..Top 20 leaderboards Reply with quote

Don't exactly know how hard this would be especially since it would require some change to whats out there.. but was thinking if there is a way to require a picture or video to be submitted with a score if it falls in the top 20. I'm sure 99% of the scores are accurate and truthful but maybe this would cut down on some dishonesty? Or maybe have a special note next to the ones that are verified? Just wondering... anyways love the site!!
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome to the Rock Band side of ScoreHero!

New to Scorehero? Read here! wrote:
X: Do I need photographic proof for all of my scores?

ScoreHero was created on the honor system, a belief that people can be trusted to put in honest scores without the need to ask for digital pictures to prove it. The vast majority of members do not need to submit photographic proof; As long as you are completely clean, we will probably not ask for proof of your scores. However, it is expected that those who submit top 5 scores for any song will submit photographic proof. If you think you have the capability of obtaining #1 scores on any song, it is expected that proof will be given, ESPECIALLY if you are a new member. The important thing is to remember that the honor system holds until the very top ranks, where cheating is monitored VERY closely and new high scores are rarely more than a few hundred above the former top score. For most of you, it's honestly nothing to worry about.

Please take the time to peruse the stickies found at the top of each forum. You will learn a lot!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thank you... I skimmed through the stickies but did not catch that one. Thanks!
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ScoreHero, like the sticky said, this is all the honor system. Although I've been looking at the scores, and I've been seeing a lot of obviously fake scores. What's with the sudden burst of lies?
Set all the tax rates to 9.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had to take pics then i'd be fucked out of my top spots...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also good reasons why you might not have a photo. Especially this "early" on in the score tracking. I've had several WTF how was that a 1st scores that I didn't photo. And then they get beat as they should.

It's a different world up there in expert....the air is too thin.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: