FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Updating the Wiki: An intensive Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Updating the Wiki: An intensive Project Reply with quote

As it stands, of course, I'd be working on it alone for now, but if people are willing to pull up data for many of the wiki topics that need updating, or would want to update them themselves, it'd be really great. If you'd want incentives, then sorry, I can't give you anything other than the satisfaction of knowing that you helped in your own way for this community.

For now, I'll just list most of the topics that need updating (so there'll be a lot <_<. Once I can think of a good way to organize it (or if someone can think of one!), I'll implement it as soon as I can. Most of these will either go to "Completely updated" or "Continous updates", depending on whether or not it'll need to be updated on a regular basis.

Wiki pages that need updating:
Interesting Information about Rock Band
List of Songs in Guitar Hero and Rock Band
Most Represented Bands
List of Drum songs that can be FCed without getting 5*s
List of Censored Rock Band songs
List of Songs with the crowd singing
Loading Screens
List of Rock Band Songs With Non-Standard HO/PO Thresholds
Breakdown of the UnFC'd Guitar Songs in Rock Band
Rock Band Accomplishment Timeline
Scorehero Bands
Scorehero History (when mods are made/step down, user milestones, etc.)
Scorehero Listings Guide (Maybe? Someone would have to explain what this is for)
Avatar Party (most likely only as new avatars are submitted
Abbreviations
Stubs Category
Master Song List
master Song List (Rock Band) by Album
List of DLC for Rock Band
DLC
Scorehero's Definitive List of Guides (OH SO MUCH! Especially needs RB guides added, possibly as a separate section)
List of the UnFC'd Rock Band Network 1 songs (Don't have the link at the moment)
List of the UnFC'd Rock Band Network 2 songs (Actually, this page needs to be MADE)
Rock Band Banners
SP/OD path (this will take the longest, undoubtedly. Especially since my goal is to have at least one path available for viewing for all songs and all different combinations)
Base Scores Proof Project (mainly need confimation as to whether or not we should even try to update this)

Wiki pages currently being worked on:
Rock Band Track Packs/exclusives lyrics - Voidedalive2x (just the Metal Track Pack for now)
[url=Games Category - Voidedalive2x (I intend to use the TP1 table for song info in regards to the track back. As for RB1, 2, and 3, I'd mostly need to figure out a base that I'd use, or I'd just use the same one as the Track packs, or something.)

Wiki Pages that will need updates on a regular basis:

Wiki Pages that have been brought up to date:
List of the UnFCed Drums songs in Rock Band

Again, this will be a LONG, LONG project, and it may not even be finished if Scorehero has to shut down before then or participation fades out enough. However, if we can shave down the list of un-updated to those that would probably take a long while to truly get done, we can at least pat ourselves on the back for getting that much done. Who knows, we may get to the point where the only thing left is getting all the SP paths in, and THAT would be a job well done!

Last edited by voidedalive2x on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:25 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to. Particularly the the banner pages (GH and RB), but I can do other pages too.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorehero aint goin away, ever.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Scorehero aint goin away, ever.

How much money are youse willin' to bet on that?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross out the un-FC'ed drum thread. That wiki is fully updated.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
Cross out the un-FC'ed drum thread. That wiki is fully updated.

Done.

Expertwin: If you could keep the RB side updated with 1 or 2 helpers, that'd be great.

When I have the time, I'll eventually only leave the RB-related links up, but I want to get to bed soon. Assuming going through Triumphant Return on GHAE doesn't take to long, I should be able to do this before I go to work.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we count RBN songs for certain wikis? I personally don't want to because that's more than double the work. (and I'm lazy)

If we do then there should be a separate wiki related to RBN.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know, to be honest. I mean, I suppose some things might need their own section (like guides, and I suppose the acc. timeline).

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the Rock Band Track Pack 2 page to have a similar table for the songs like TP1, and added the Metal Track Pack to the page.

Do note that, for both pages, the tierings are INCORRECT. I still need to go through the games and input the right tierings, which I should be able to do tonight. But I at least got the framework done.

I'll add the Country and Classic packs once I know/remember what songs are on each pack, and as for the pictures, I'll just host them on my PB and add them that way.

EDIT: All but the bass is complete for the MTP and TP2. I just don't know how exactly I'm going to get those tierings for the game at all.

expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY want access to the banner pages, I can update them.

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Alternity  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, RB3 is out for a while now, and with DLC adding up each week, it's going to be more of a pain to add RB3 on the OD path page each week. I don't see why this wasn't done at launch? I could help with paths, if the page actually existed for RB3.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
So, RB3 is out for a while now, and with DLC adding up each week, it's going to be more of a pain to add RB3 on the OD path page each week. I don't see why this wasn't done at launch? I could help with paths, if the page actually existed for RB3.

There's quite a lot of songs and games that don't have those little circles next to song names on both GH and RB (everything post-SH/GH for GH, everything post-RB2 for RB). I don't recall why they aren't there, but we'll just have to deal with it until JC gets around to it.

I would suggest making a paths thread in the G/B techniques thread, though, in the meantime.

expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for the Rock Band interesting information thread. There is some well outdated stuff in there, and I know I can't do it alone. I haven't fixed all of it now!

voidedalive2x wrote:
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list of songs with bass solos and the list of songs with BREs, with help from the Wikia wiki.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: