FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/24 DLC: Slipknot Four-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulse of the Maggots guitar is by far the worst chart I've ever seen.

Other than that, everything seems OK. Also, Piano Sonata 11 getting scoretracking support is cool.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
I'm glad to see my, and others', hard work and enjoyable authoring gets no recognition through the negativity lens of the masses. Be upset at HMX for authoring something you don't like, but don't degrade RBN over something that doesn't even involve it.

I may have worded it incorrectly, I dont think RBN charts are shit in general, just some of them. As long as you are not the one behind Another Step or On and On, I dont think I have a problem with your charts (Death Quota is a fantastic one).

Also, hi deleted post. Oh well, I dont recall being inflammatory. (To anyone that's not working for Harmonix)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
I'm glad to see my, and others', hard work and enjoyable authoring gets no recognition through the negativity lens of the masses. Be upset at HMX for authoring something you don't like, but don't degrade RBN over something that doesn't even involve it.

I may have worded it incorrectly, I dont think RBN charts are shit in general, just some of them. As long as you are not the one behind Another Step or On and On, I dont think I have a problem with your charts (Death Quota is a fantastic one).

Also, hi deleted post. Oh well, I dont recall being inflammatory. (To anyone that's not working for Harmonix)

It didn't delete...if you go back to misc discussion you kinda caught it mid being moved...so your post doesn't show up since its like in limbo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:

lolwat

Andddd what is so bad about Another Step?

Anyway, to not be totally off-topic, I'll be buying Pulse of the Maggots + Wait and Bleed. Not really a fan of the songs, but they look ok on drums.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Random-as-fuck guitar spamming charted as random-as-fuck guitar spamming. And... that's a problem these days? I remember a time on Scorehero when anything less would've raised massive cries of undercharting. I guess I missed something somewhere along the line.

Honestly, I'd have more of a query about the vocal charting. How is any of that pitched?

A reasonable point, but for some reason I'm having a tough time remembering the ScoreHero of old complaining about undercharting. I seem to only remember the GH3 days and beyond, where overcharting was the main problem everyone had whenever they had a problem with charts. Sure there are people who always want harder charts (which usually translates to harder songs), but I somewhat doubt anyone would be complaining about a ridiculous song being undercharted so that it is both challenging and fun - HMX and NS both have both done it well and often, that's why it's so bizarre they wouldn't for this song. The only time I've ever honestly been shocked and appalled by undercharting in a game was the outro solo of Ace of Spades in GH1 (which was obviously a one-time WTF thing). I really only notice when it's in-your-face wrong like the above... otherwise I'm too busy having fun to sit there and calculate the accuracy of the chart.

I still say you can only argue accuracy to a certain point when it's a 5 button guitar we're talking about here. They need to keep the accuracy to pro guitar and the fun to fake guitar. Bu yeah, that solo really was pretty bad.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
The only time I've ever honestly been shocked and appalled by undercharting in a game was the outro solo of Ace of Spades in GH1 (which was obviously a one-time WTF thing).

Wasnt Bang Your Head's solo taken out as well, due to the whole I want Candy not being in the game. I seem to remember a video of elx playing the proper charted song way back in the day. I know this was just leaving it out and thats different then undercharted but still it bus me just as much as AoS (maybe more)

[Edit] Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AYmX0W30j8&feature=channel_video_title (Solo at 2:54)

Anyways, yeah its a bullshit solo, but on the song its a bullshit solo so I guess its fitting.............yeah I agree it should/could be a whole lot better. That solo could have been real fun but its only one chart of one song from the pack. I will just enjoy the other 16 or so charts

Granted I am still waiting for another pack from songs just from the 1st 2 albums. Id trade all the rest for My Plague, Sic, Spit it Out and Liberate!!!!
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's something else entirely, like GHIII having the short version of Slow Ride and not the 7 minute long cover Wavegroup did, or the shortened version of L'Via L'Viaquez, which made me very dissapointed, since the single version cuts out the best parts (but it was understandable; the original is 12 minutes long).Or even having The Living Color re-record CoP to make it more palatable for a 5 fret game.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
Well that's something else entirely, like GHIII having the short version of Slow Ride and not the 7 minute long cover Wavegroup did, or the shortened version of L'Via L'Viaquez, which made me very dissapointed, since the single version cuts out the best parts (but it was understandable; the original is 12 minutes long).Or even having The Living Color re-record CoP to make it more palatable for a 5 fret game.
It's Living Colour, and I thought the re-recorded it because they didn't have access to or couldn't use the original master.
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
Wasnt Bang Your Head's solo taken out as well, due to the whole I want Candy not being in the game. I seem to remember a video of elx playing the proper charted song way back in the day. I know this was just leaving it out and thats different then undercharted but still it bus me just as much as AoS (maybe more)

[Edit] Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AYmX0W30j8&feature=channel_video_title (Solo at 2:54)

Huh, that's crazy. I would never have known about that if you hadn't brought it up. That's actually a pretty cool piece of trivia to know.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Exxucus wrote:
It's Living Colour, and I thought the re-recorded it because they didn't have access to or couldn't use the original master.

It must of been that they had lost it, but they had to have found it later because Power Gig used the original master

TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
because Power Gig used the original master
Seriously? Even PowerGig got the song?

Take the hint HMX. I'm sure you get tons of requests about it. Living Colour in RB. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Even PowerGig got the song?
Power Gig got a whole ton of shit that we aren't getting. Eric Clapton, Black Sabbath, (Hell, I even thing they got masters.) David Matthews Band, and Kid Rock. I don't know what made the game so appealing to them, but there you go.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Slipknot Pack / Wait and Bleed Issue on Xbox 360 Reply with quote

hmxhenry wrote:
To give a bit of background, there was a MIDI error that caused the tempo map at the end of the song (roughly between 2:38 and 2:50) to go out of sync. Gems were playable but did not match up with the audio as intended. This issue only affected Wait and Bleed, and only in the Slipknot Pack on Xbox 360, so versions downloaded as singles or on other platforms should be unaffected.

The Audio Team hustled with Microsoft to replace the offer, and we've been told that a new version of the Slipknot Pack should be available in the store now. All you should have to do is redownload the pack to get the corrected version of Wait and Bleed. If there are any further issues, I'll pass comments from the forum to everyone involved on our side.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and feedback while we sorted this out as quickly as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats odd I found what appeared to be the same thing in Henchmen Ride last night. I was rolling along FCing the song and all of the sudden in the second verse Im missing not just a lot but every single note like the whole chart is misaligned or something, I thought my strummer had gone dead. I went into practice and if I intentionally played way too late I started hitting notes. Maybe I should redownload it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: