FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3Maker: easy .rba to XBox 360 customs (Jan02: 2.1.0.80 beta)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: RB3Maker: easy .rba to XBox 360 customs (Jan02: 2.1.0.80 bet Reply with quote

RB3Maker converts an .rba to an XBox 360 package that can be injected onto a USB stick and played in RB3 as if it was regular DLC. This replaces a lot of manual labor from the old customs thread.

It's easy to play RB3 with customs if you have two USB flash drives:
- For regular play: copy your RB3 saved game and RB3 Title Update 5 to this drive. Remove this drive to play customs.
- For custom play: copy RB3 Title Update 4 and your custom rb3con files to this stick. Do not log in to XBox Live when using this method, or RB3 will download Title Update 5. Remove this drive to play regular RB3.

RB3Maker can also align your MP3 to a chart author's song, so you don't have to worry about lining up audio by hand. If the author distributes <song>.rb3maker.zip, you just add <song>.mp3 and the album art in <song>.bmp to the same folder. RB3Maker will create an RBA for you, compile it, and package it into <song>_rb3con.

Take the <song>_rb3con file RB3Maker creates and use Horizon (or something else) to inject it to a flash drive.

RB3Maker also supports pro upgrade packages, or manual packages if you need to further customize individual components. Click Help / Help in RB3Maker or post in this thread with questions.

RB3Maker latest stable release [version 2.1.0.71]:
http://RB3Maker.4shared.com

RB3Maker Source code [version 2.1.0.71]:
http://RB3Makersource.4shared.com

RB3Maker beta [version 2.1.0.80]:
http://RB3MakerBeta.4shared.com

I thought maybe RB3Maker deserved its very own thread to make it easy for people to check for updates, rather than have to visit the middle of a 50+ page thread. Plus I ran out of free upgrades at mediafire, and constantly shifting URLs is annoying.

Suggestions, complaints, etc. are always welcome. It's even reassuring to hear just "it works".

USB inject instructions ripped from the old customs thread:
GodRockr wrote:
Plug in your external USB storage on your Xbox 360.
If you haven't formatted it for your 360 you should do it now.
Then go to system settings, memory, hard drive, Rock Band 3, and select Rock Band 3 song cache.
Copy the song cache file to your external USB storage.
Plug your USB drive back into your computer.
Load Horizon (or equivalent), then open the Games / Rock Band 3 folder.
Click "Inject New File" and then open your <songname>_rb3con.
Wait a few seconds for it to inject, and that's it.

NOTE: Playing while logged in with a gamertag is not recommended, as your scores will be uploaded to Rock Central. Also, playing online is not possible (though there are intriguing whispers).

HISTORY:
- 2.1.0.80: Back out fancy resize. Oh well.
- 2.1.0.79: Always resize to 256x256x24, regardless of what's in the actual bmp (thanks TAxxOUTBR3AKxx!)
- 2.1.0.78: Fix busted rb3maker.parms game_origin_check,0 (thanks MoeLesstur!)
- 2.1.0.77: Added stuff that might allow making RB2 customs. Add these to rb3maker.parms and see if it works:
titleid,45410829
title_package,Rock Band 2
- 2.1.0.76: Missed latest help update. Added rb3maker.zip picture (try Help / Help!)
- 2.1.0.73: Replaced stupid Windows 7-only folder dialog with a generic one that allows entering the path as text.
- 2.1.0.72: Replaced stupid folder dialog with one that allows entering the path as text. Thanks raynebc!
- 2.1.0.71: Fixed audio alignment issues for rb3maker.zip packages.
- 2.1.0.65: Re-wrote Help / Help as Windows CHM compiled html help file.
- 2.1.0.63: rb3maker.zip Authors have to render their song audio to <song>_songonly.wav. Users still supply just an mp3. Dealing with different mp3 encoder latency on both ends is too difficult. Updated Help/Help.
- 2.1.0.60: Fixed errors when no rb3maker.parms is present
- 2.1.0.59: Correctly restore milo_xbox for rb3maker.zip users. Known issue: VBR MP3's inject about 26 ms of extra latency that RB3Maker does not currently account for. Working on it.
- 2.1.0.58: More fixes to fringe mp3_offset cases, and finally fixed special characters in the rbproj file (\n, etc).
- 2.1.0.57: A few fixes to dryvox size calculation and whatnot
- 2.1.0.56: When creating a package from an rb3maker.zip, RB3Maker will normalize the user's mp3 to 99% by default (unless it already peaks higher). If you really hate this, you can specify "normalize,0" in the rb3maker.parms file.
- 2.1.0.55: Back to requiring commas in rb3maker.parms for better backward compatibility
- 2.1.0.53: Added support for mp3_offset and fadeout for rb3maker.zip packages. When creating packages from rb3maker.zip files, shove the user's mp3 by 25 ms (based on empirical analysis of mp3 decoder lag).
- 2.0.0.52: Resize player's bmp if it isn't 256x256 before sending to MagmaCompiler.
- 2.0.0.51: Fixed multiple BACKING lines in <song>.rbproj
- 2.0.0.50: Always enable BACKING track, even if author had it disabled
- 2.0.0.49: Fix number of channels/pan/vol info so it always works even if the original rbproj used a different scheme.
- 2.0.0.48: Corrected crash when mp3 offset is negative (Thanks thespike!)
- 2.0.0.47: Added generation of <song>.fingerprint.wav for players doing Option / Custom from .RB3Maker.zip. Compare this to <song>.wav to see if your MP3 doesn't match the author's.
- 2.0.0.45: Added Option / Custom from RB3Maker.zip and Option / Distribute <song>.rb3maker.zip. BIG STUFF - see discussion at the end of this thread.
- 1.3.0.44: Didn't notice that if you didn't have the sneaky new rb3maker.parms file, it wouldn't work! Fixed.
- 1.3.0.43: Reverse package and content icons. Convert <songname>.bmp to png_xbox and icons for Options / Full song too.
- 1.3.0.41: Sneaky new features - see SNEAKY below
- 1.2.0.40: Use album art for content image if available, but always use RB3 icon for package image (per user suggestion)
- 1.2.0.39: Rewrote dashboard image stuff - was confused about .ico vs. .png. Converted 3 songs and played through with no issue.
- 1.2.0.38: Eliminate real_guitar and real_bass lines from songs.dta when extracting from an RBA - they prevent you from making a separate pro upgrade file.
- 1.2.0.37: Use latest DevIL library. Generate icon based on album art instead of using stock RB3 icon.
- 1.2.0.36: Explicitly include Tao.DevIl.dll (fix Global Assembly errors)
- 1.2.0.32: add mipmaps so the compressed song image shows up correctly on both screens
- 1.2.0.31: don't allow spaces in the rba file name
- 1.2.0.30: added some error messages and version number display

2.1.0.53: New MP3 offset feature: If you need to overlap your count-in with song audio (wispy prog rock beginnings, etc), you can manually specify where the mp3 starts by putting a line in rb3maker.parms: "mp3_offset,mm:ss.ttt" (e.g., "mp3_offset,0:3.145").
2.1.0.53: New fadeout feature: If you want to force the song audio to fade out quickly, you can add a line to rb3maker.parms: "fadeout,mm:ss.ttt,mm:ss.ttt". For example, "fadeout,4:07.321,4:09.321" will fade out for 2 seconds starting at 4:07.321 from time 0 (where the count-in starts, not the start of the mp3).

Sneaky New Features (for EvinC and Psymatiq)
Starting with 1.3.0.41, you can control some features of RB3Maker by creating a text file called rb3maker.parms in your song folder. Available parameters:

patchdta instructs RB3Maker to patch songs.dta, replacing any occurences of string1 with string2. RB3Maker will include any white space in the patchdta statement - whether RB3 needs it, I don't know.
Code:
patchdta,<string1>,<string2>

This instructs RB3Maker to skip verifying the game_origin parameter, which is normally expected to be ugc_plus:
Code:
game_origin_check,0

This instructs RB3Maker to skip the XBLA unlock step:
Code:
package_xbla_unlock,0

This instructs RB3Maker to skip the CON repackage step:
Code:
package_fix,0

Examples:
Code:
   patchdta,   'yoursongname',   'doyoureallywanttohurtme'
   patchdta,   ('song_id' yoursongname),   ('song_id' 1010056)

Last edited by Technicolor on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 65 times in total
EvinC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing customs online is possible....me and a friend have found a way...but it takes a lot of work beyond RB3Maker. So if it's possible now...maybe one day RB3 maker will be able to do a fix for it

By the way, this program is my savior for RB3 customs. Thank you for this amazing work.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody mentioned there being a console ID or something. Is it more involved than that? If not, it may be feasible for such a program to have you enter your console's ID, and it could just brand the CON package appropriately?
EvinC  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha I love the new sneaky features, when I get a few hours of free time I will use them and see how much it can help. Thanks for this!

EDIT: Having trouble getting them to work, I have inserted a text file called rb3maker.parms into the same folder as my RBA, and then wrote one of the codes from your post (the one to skip repackaging) but the program still does it. Not sure what I did wrong...do I need to be under Convert RBA or Full Song, or does it matter?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy. I was hoping a tool like this would show up.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvinC wrote:

EDIT: Having trouble getting them to work, I have inserted a text file called rb3maker.parms into the same folder as my RBA, and then wrote one of the codes from your post (the one to skip repackaging) but the program still does it. Not sure what I did wrong...do I need to be under Convert RBA or Full Song, or does it matter?

Shouldn't matter. You should see this in the log window:
Code:
Override: skipping package fix

It has to be exactly this... no spaces:
Code:
package_fix,0
If it still doesn't work after checking, PM me all the text from your log window, along with your rb3maker.parms file.

And of course, it has to be 1.3.0.41 or later, from the top of the log:
Code:
RB3Maker version 1.3.0.41

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best thing anyone has ever invented. I tip my hat to you, sir.
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the new version..but how did i add album art again ? . Ived tried with a png_xbox file bmp resized t 256x256 and jpg and png... and they get overwritten with the rbn album art doesnt matter if i take the full rba or full song option.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
thanks for the new version..but how did i add album art again ? . Ived tried with a png_xbox file bmp resized t 256x256 and jpg and png... and they get overwritten with the rbn album art doesnt matter if i take the full rba or full song option.

Hmm, a shortcoming: if you work with Option / Convert RBA, RB3Maker will always extract the album art from the RBA (<songname>.bmp), and convert it to <songname>.dds, and then to the .png_xbox. All good, but...

If you work with Option / Full Song, it expects you to have made your own .png_xbox... somehow. The problem is there aren't any tools that do it properly - bmp2xbox doesn't create mipmaps, so it doesn't look correct on the difficulty selection screen.

So, I think I'll change it so that Option / Full song starts with the <songname>.bmp and includes the conversion. You'll have to live with it as-is until the next version! Should be tonight - easy peasy change.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
psymatiq wrote:

Hmm, a shortcoming: if you work with Option / Convert RBA, RB3Maker will always extract the album art from the RBA (<songname>.bmp), and convert it to <songname>.dds, and then to the .png_xbox. All good, but...

If you work with Option / Full Song, it expects you to have made your own .png_xbox... somehow. The problem is there aren't any tools that do it properly - bmp2xbox doesn't create mipmaps, so it doesn't look correct on the difficulty selection screen.

So, I think I'll change it so that Option / Full song starts with the <songname>.bmp and includes the conversion. You'll have to live with it as-is until the next version! Should be tonight - easy peasy change.

Only problem I'm getting is with packaging as Full Song. I'm using .41b and have <songname>.png in there. On my dashboard, it shows the album art on the Rock Band 3 Folder part (on my flashdrive), but inside, the actual song files have the same basic RB3 Logo....wtf?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Only problem I'm getting is with packaging as Full Song. I'm using .41b and have <songname>.png in there. On my dashboard, it shows the album art on the Rock Band 3 Folder part (on my flashdrive), but inside, the actual song files have the same basic RB3 Logo....wtf?
This was per a request... maybe I got them backwards.
Quote:
1.2.0.40: Use album art for content image if available, but always use RB3 icon for package image (per user suggestion)

Last edited by Technicolor on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
[quote="TAxxOUTBR3AKxxOnly problem I'm getting is with packaging as Full Song. I'm using .41b and have <songname>.png in there. On my dashboard, it shows the album art on the Rock Band 3 Folder part (on my flashdrive), but inside, the actual song files have the same basic RB3 Logo....wtf?

This was per a request... maybe I got them backwards.
Quote:
1.2.0.40: Use album art for content image if available, but always use RB3 icon for package image (per user suggestion)
[/quote]

I think you did. Because it does Root Drive>Games (RB3)>Game Data/Saves, etc.

The Game shows the Album art, while the game files inside have the RB3 Logo. Maybe both should be the Album art instead of just one. I know your RBA conversion does this, but is your "Full Song" option set to do it as both as well?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
The Game shows the Album art, while the game files inside have the RB3 Logo. Maybe both should be the Album art instead of just one. I know your RBA conversion does this, but is your "Full Song" option set to do it as both as well?

1.3.0.43 beta up:
- Reverse package and content icons. I honestly don't pay attention to that stuff, so please check it!
- Convert <songname>.bmp to png_xbox and icons for Options / Full song too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the new version but i still got problems with the album art. Ingame the album art is all white but the song icon is the album art. I used magma to resize the image into the bmp. I did it with the full song option...just gonna try with the rba one to dobble check.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
thanks for the new version but i still got problems with the album art. Ingame the album art is all white but the song icon is the album art. I used magma to resize the image into the bmp. I did it with the full song option...just gonna try with the rba one to dobble check.

I just ran a test with 4 songs - 2 Convert RBA, and 2 Full song.
All 4 looked fine on the song selection screen.
All 4 looked fine on the difficulty selection screen.
The icons matched the album art in the dashboard.
The png_xbox date was current in all the windows folders.

Make sure you're using the latest beta - RB3Maker version 1.3.0.43.
Double check your png_xbox timestamp, and make sure you injected it right.
If it still doesn't work, send me a link to the bmp, and I'll test it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: