FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
That Authoring Group looking for vocal, keyboard, and venue authors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noble  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: That Authoring Group looking for vocal, keyboard, and venue Reply with quote

Hey gang!

As stated above we're looking for some people that know their way around charting vocals, keyboard (legacy and Pro), and whipping up fancy venues. We're also looking for internal Q * A testers (and testers for creators).

Full disclosure, we don't make much (read really don't make much) at all, and in some cases nothing at all.

This isn't due to lack of sales on our tracks, but that we charge a very teeny tiny back end percentage to labels and artists. With overall sales slowing down for DLC and RBN we felt it necessary to ensure that artists and labels get the lions share of the profits so bringing tracks to the RBN will be a worthwhile venture for them.

However we have a pretty laid back working environment, we're working on a ton of awesome music (both announced and things we've been keeping closer to the vest).

Think of it as doing customs (remember when everybody did those for free?), with an official stamp on them.

So if you really like RBN, don't mind working with a bunch of certified lunatics, don't mind working for peanuts (actually we probably can't afford peanuts), and want to work on bands like these :
http://www.youtube.com/user/nlarimer?feature=mhum

Then drop me a line at nlarimer@gmail.com

We've got a lot of awesome stuff lined up for the coming months and we're trying to bolster our ranks to make sure we can keep up with the demand.

Vocals venues and vox are our definite needs, but we'll talk with any interested parties.

Keep on rocking everybody!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Thunder Buckets PSN Name: thunderbuckets
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is experience required? Cause I've messed around in Reaper a few times with the RBN template but never actually made a chart. I HAVE however transcribed music into Guitar Pro 5 and have a pretty good ear for it so I think I'd be good for charting Vocals or Pro Keys.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as PlatStrat, I'm trying my hand at vocal charting in stuff like EOF and KRMaker, but I'm assuming doing it natively in Reaper with isolated vocals (swoon!) would be way easier.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
noble  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No previous experience required.

We had a guy who started out testing track internally for us, and he eventually moved up to authoring. We've got a lot of experiened authors to provide a helping hand why you learn the ropes
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Thunder Buckets PSN Name: thunderbuckets
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there isn't an age requirement I would also be up for this.

I have experience charting in everything but pro keys and drums. (but I could most likely learn pro keys since i have a good ear and can pick out notes pretty well if I do say so myself)

I'm also not as skilled at charting vocals as instruments but I hope that's okay.

Also, I tend to get a lot of errors in magma, so if I could have a rundown of some technical stuff that would be great!

And one more thing, I'm particularly interested in charting lower difficulties since E-H charts in RB tend to be kind of lame :/

So yeah that ends my application(?)

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
noble  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No age requirement. One of our guys is 17
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good then. I hope I'm taken into consideration!

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noble wrote:
No age requirement. One of our guys is 17

Beware of saying that outloud. There may not be an age requirement for authors, but /legally/ speaking, there is an 18+ requirement for testers.
noble  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. I was speaking from a strictly authoring standpoint.
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noble wrote:
Oh yeah. I was speaking from a strictly authoring standpoint.

Same here, I don't even have an XNA membership >.>

im a girl now!
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I also assume you have to have bought a Reaper licence?
I know for a fact I have less than a month on my Mac and a month on my PC of Reaper on each.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Erutaerc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, i've been using Reaper for over a year without buying it. They don't stop the trial period.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that, you know, $60 is really that much for a fully functional DAW that's almost on par with the $300-$400 barebones DAWs...

EXPERT Jack-of-all-trades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: