FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/16 DLC: Epic Deep Purple Greatness and Fall Out Boy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
@Yusuke: There might not be much piano, though. Dawn Patrol has a few guitar notes if I recall, but it was just that, only a few, hardly audible ones, so HMX didn't see it worthwhile to chart.
*cough* Helen Wheels *uncough*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Dawn Patrol has a few guitar notes if I recall, but it was just that, only a few, hardly audible ones, so HMX didn't see it worthwhile to chart.

RB uses the original, not remaster versions of the RIP tracks. The guitar on Dawn Patrol only exists in the remaster.

If people didn't author things due to low note counts, why do keys charts like Need You Tonight and Diachylon exist? Not to mention Her Majesty bass (that one note isn't super audible or important to the song), or even the apparently non-existent bassline charted in both versions of We Will Rock You.

Assuming there is uncharted keys, there's a better reason than just "there's not enough notes".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
TensionSpree wrote:
Dawn Patrol has a few guitar notes if I recall, but it was just that, only a few, hardly audible ones, so HMX didn't see it worthwhile to chart.

RB uses the original, not remaster versions of the RIP tracks. The guitar on Dawn Patrol only exists in the remaster.

If people didn't author things due to low note counts, why do keys charts like Need You Tonight and Diachylon exist? Not to mention Her Majesty bass (that one note isn't super audible or important to the song), or even the apparently non-existent bassline charted in both versions of We Will Rock You.

Assuming there is uncharted keys, there's a better reason than just "there's not enough notes".

Only reason I can think as to why they werent charted is stem issues. And with a band that big and that recent, I highly doubt it was stem issues >_>

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FL4RE"]
Mystakin wrote:

& monkey:

I thought the first ozzy pack was fine really (outside of let me hear you scream anyway). I know not every single DLC to come out has had hyper-accurate charting present, but it has featured a lot more than it used to imo.

I mean for example:

No sleep til Brooklyn
Child of Time
Photograph
Nothing but a good time (what the FUCK is that at the end of the solo?)
Dragonforce (which yeah could have been worse but still)
All 3 Dio tracks
Beast & the Harlot

And there is much more...I'm not naming every single DLC that has featured it since I have better things to do.

My point is that is has featured quite a bit for the last what year and a half? I'm not sure why they decided it but it makes stuff a lot more difficult & less fun to play. I mean hell I would have bought Child of time if I still had an xbox/rb3 before seeing the chart. Now I'm not so sure.

Well, to comment on your examples... I liked No Sleep Till Brooklyn's solo charting. It's a Kerry King solo, which is literally just balls-random note spamming. So it makes sense to chart it like that. As for the rest, I noted that the second Ozzy Pack is when HMX started to cut down a LOT on the hyper-accurate charting. DF, Dio, and BatH are all tracks that came out before that pack, and I completely agree with you on. I'd also like to throw in stuff like Caught in a Mosh, Rainbow in the Dark, etc, etc. The time right around RB3's release was full of weird solo charting.

But checking out stuff like the aforementioned second Ozzy pack, Welcome to the Family, most of the Poison pack, most of the Def Leppard Pack, the Yes pack, etc, and you'll find that most of the very recent (past 2-3 months) of HMX dlc has been authored pretty consistently well. Not perfectly (you did provide some valid examples), but more consistently than they were around the time of RB3's release.

And if you find I mention the second Ozzy pack a lot, it's because, in my mind, it was a very specific turning point. Even the Pantera pack 2 weeks before seemed to have a fair amount of that slightly annoying charting style, but once the Ozzy pack 2 hit then it seemed like everything was suddenly returning to the authoring style they had right around RB2's release.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but once the Ozzy pack 2 hit then it seemed like everything was suddenly returning to the authoring style they had right around RB2's release.
I wouldn't necessarily say I agree with that, at least on guitar, because of sections with unneedingly high amounts of trill lanes just to make them harder than they are (Mr. Crowley comes to mind), or songs with awkward HO/POs into strums such as Mama I'm Coming Home. Regardless, it was a fun pack and still great music... but I wouldn't say charting standards have ever really changed.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
You can't want an accurate chart then suddenly complain it isn't to your liking in terms of fun.
Welcome to the internet. Check your sanity at the door please.

I think I've managed to talk myself into at least 1 Fall Out Boy song ("Thnks fr th Mmrs"), so I'm going to debate the whole pack once again. "Dance, Dance" so far is the odd one out, but I might just stick with the one song.

I had no real interest in "Child of Time" before, nor now that I've seen the chart. Complain all you want, but there are few charts that make everyone happy.

Songs: Just over 1000.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
but once the Ozzy pack 2 hit then it seemed like everything was suddenly returning to the authoring style they had right around RB2's release.
I wouldn't necessarily say I agree with that, at least on guitar, because of sections with unneedingly high amounts of trill lanes just to make them harder than they are (Mr. Crowley comes to mind), or songs with awkward HO/POs into strums such as Mama I'm Coming Home. Regardless, it was a fun pack and still great music... but I wouldn't say charting standards have ever really changed.

Oh they have...compare rust in peace to peace sells. I know it was 2 different guitarists but damn there is a major difference.

And to your earlier point...yeah accurate is good but TOO accurate takes some of the fun out of it. Like say it was a 16th note run, charting it at equal spaces as opposed to adding every little fluctuation in (since there is likely to be SOME change in speed throughout the run) means it is accurate whilst retaining the fun value.

To monkey...Yeah I do agree that the 2nd Ozzy pack was a success charting wise. It almost seems like Hmx have 2 different charting styles. Which makes me wonder why they don't stay on one...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh they have...compare rust in peace to peace sells. I know it was 2 different guitarists but damn there is a major difference.
No need to reply to this part. You answered it in that line alone.

Quote:
And to your earlier point...yeah accurate is good but TOO accurate takes some of the fun out of it. Like say it was a 16th note run, charting it at equal spaces as opposed to adding every little fluctuation in (since there is likely to be SOME change in speed throughout the run) means it is accurate whilst retaining the fun value.
How would it be accurate if it contained no speed changes if there actually is? That's like saying a trill can be considered accurate if it's only one of the types of notes (we'll say green) as opposed to two (greed/red) provided it's at relatively the same speeds as what the trill is supposed to be.

You either have things charted in the style aimed toward it being made for fun, or for accuracy (which coincidentally, was really good for a lot of songs... compare Painkiller between the two series', GH forgot what hammer-ons were for that).

You can not have it your way despite what Burger King may be telling you.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
No need to reply to this part. You answered it in that line alone.

Quote:
How would it be accurate if it contained no speed changes if there actually is? That's like saying a trill can be considered accurate if it's only one of the types of notes (we'll say green) as opposed to two (greed/red) provided it's at relatively the same speeds as what the trill is supposed to be.

You either have things charted in the style aimed toward it being made for fun, or for accuracy (which coincidentally, was really good for a lot of songs... compare Painkiller between the two series', GH forgot what hammer-ons were for that).

You can not have it your way despite what Burger King may be telling you.

It's called authoring to intent. It's in the official HMX docs for RBN authoring. If you have a 16th note run, and the guitarist OBVIOUSLY meant it to be a 16th note run, but the notes are just ever so slightly (and unnoticably) off-grid because the guitarist is human, you should just author the part as straight 16ths. It's when you do include the absolutely minor, unintentional variations that you get "hyper charting" (and stuff like the RTTH original version solo).

To give another example, look at the broken drum notes in Next To You and Panic Attack. They're caused by two notes being ever so slightly out of sync. HMX says they authored these this way because that's what the actual drummer played, but it's obvious that the drummer never played these notes out of sync intentionally. That's an example of hypercharting. You can't hear the difference, you can barely see the difference, and the difference was completely unintended, yet the author chose to chart that variation.

This is the difference between accuracy and "hyper accuracy" when charting. Accuracy is fun. Hyper accuracy is not (at least not to most of us).
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: 8/16 DLC: Epic Deep Purple Greatness and Fall Out Boy Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on August 16th, 2011:

• Child in Time by Deep Purple

• Thnks fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy

• Sugar, We're Goin' Down by Fall Out Boy (X)

• Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

You probably know by now.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Schizophrenia by Jukebox the Ghost

• Half Crazy by Jukebox the Ghost

• Genocide by Evile

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You by After the Burial

• Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You (2x Bass Pedal Version) by After the Burial

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Nothing, suckers.

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child In Time is tricky on Guitar. Good luck to whoever goes for the first FC, it's insane
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Child In Time is tricky on Guitar. Good luck to whoever goes for the first FC, it's insane

Lol I just fc'd it.

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
sidney17  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child in Time is the first time I've played a Deep Purple chart on guitar and just gone "meh". I don't really know why, it's just, I don't really see myself playing it ever again. Fallout Boy was cool, but I'm holding out for the Chilli's 8 Pack.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidney17 wrote:
Child in Time is the first time I've played a Deep Purple chart on guitar and just gone "meh". I don't really know why, it's just, I don't really see myself playing it ever again. Fallout Boy was cool, but I'm holding out for the Chilli's 8 Pack.

Maybe because outside of the guitar solo there's nothing of interest whatsoever (save for a few measures before the BRE)? And that "nothing of interest whatsoever" happens to last for about 6 minutes of a 10 minute song?

I really enjoyed playing the solo. Yet I have no immediate interest in playing song again on guitar. I will eventually, but not that often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: