FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hitoshura: 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar progress - 546k and climbing
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Hitoshura: 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar progress - 546k and climb Reply with quote

Thanks for stopping by my thread! A bit about me: I started playing rhythm/music games around the release of Guitar Hero 2. When Rock Band was released, drums became my new passion, and with RB3, the pro instruments. I have a little experience with the (real) guitar, mostly self-taught, and even less with the piano. The satisfaction I get from improving my abilities with the pro instruments is one of the reasons I keep coming back to Rock Band.

My ultimate rhythm gaming goal has been to complete every career goal in Rock Band 3, thus obtaining the highest possible number of fans. This super-goal is now complete!
TL;DR: ALL ROCK BAND 3 CAREER GOALS COMPLETE!!! post

Also, an interview with Harmonix!

Pro Guitar stats

5*: 194/327 - (59.33%)
6*: 083/327 - (25.38%)
FC: 060/327 - (18.35%)

Pro Bass stats

5*: 091/327 - (27.83%)
6*: 023/327 - (07.03%)
FC: 019/327 - (05.81%)

(Here I Go Again PB overstrum)

Some recent stuff:

VIDEO - 25 or 6 to 4 pro guitar 546k

VIDEO - Pro Bass - All Along the Watchtower tech FC (70% speed)
VIDEO - Pro Bass - Llama FC

Pro guitar 307-song marathon live stream (Nov. 3-4, 2012) COMPLETE!

- Stars: 1206/1535 - I'm really happy with this, especially since so many of these songs were done on a cold sightread.
- Score: 61,041,842
- Notes hit: 203,271
- Donations to Child's Play: $905.81 (!)

RB3 Career Goals Archive

02/07/12 - XPK5* (+1, COMPLETE): ROUNDABOUT; All goals complete!
01/28/12 - XPK5* (+1): Llama
01/21/12 - XPK5* (+3): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Sister Christian, Free Bird
01/20/12 - XPK5* (+2): Rehab, Fly Like an Eagle
01/19/12 - XPK5* (+1): Smoke on the Water
01/16/12 - XPK5* (+2): I Got You (I Feel Good), Antibodies
01/15/12 - XPK5* (+5): 20th Century Boy, This Bastard's Life, The Look, In a Big Country, China Grove
01/14/12 - XPB5* (+1, COMPLETE): LLAMA!!
01/09/12 - XPB5* (+1): Free Bird
12/29/11 - XPB5* (+1): Antibodies
12/28/11 - XPG5* (+2, COMPLETE): Crazy Train, Llama
12/21/11 - XPGFC: Jane Says
12/17/11 - XPG5* (+1): Roundabout
12/11/11 - XPK5* (+11): Killing Loneliness, Get Up, Stand Up, Humanoid, I Need to Know, Low Rider, Break on Through (To the Other Side), Portions for Foxes, Me Enamora, Dead End Friends, Something Bigger, Something Brighter, Walk of Life
12/10/11 - XPG5* (+1): Beast and the Harlot; XPB5* (+1): Caught in a Mosh
12/09/11 - XPG5* (+2): Bohemian Rhapsody, Dead End Friends
12/03/11 - XPG5* (+3): In a Big Country (GS), Crosstown Traffic, In the Meantime
11/28/11 - XPG5* (+1): 25 or 6 to 4
11/25/11 - XPG5* (+1): Been Caught Stealing
11/13/11 - XPG5* (+3): Heart of Glass, No One Knows, Just Like Heaven
11/12/11 - XPG5* (+2): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Radar Love
11/11/11 - XPG5* (+3): This Bastard's Life, Portions for Foxes, China Grove
11/09/11 - XPG5* (+1): Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
11/05/11 - XPG5* (+6): Viva la Resistance, Killing Loneliness, Misery Business, Humanoid, Oye Mi Amor, Don't Stand So Close to Me
10/26/11 - XPG5* (+1): Caught in a Mosh
10/25/11 - XPG5* (+5): The Look, Walk of Life, One Armed Scissor, Lasso, Here I Go Again
10/10/11 - XPK5* (+4): Radar Love, Here I Go Again, Walking on the Sun, Don't Stand So Close to Me
09/28/11 - ETA (+15, COMPLETE): Last Dance, In a Big Country, I Can See For Miles, Killing Loneliness, MidLife Crisis, Get Free, Cold as Ice, 20th Century Boy, Been Caught Stealing, In the Meantime, Outer Space, Roundabout, Rock Lobster, Me Enamora, Good Vibrations (Live)
09/25/11 - XPG5* (+2): Plush, The Killing Moon; ETA (+7): Rehab, King George, No One Knows, Need You Tonight, Foolin', Crosstown Traffic, Llama
09/18/11 - XPG5* (+2): Something Bigger, Something Brighter, FREE BIRD!!
09/17/11 - XPB5* (+2): Beast and the Harlot, Roundabout
09/16/11 - XPB5* (+1): Dead End Friends
09/13/11 - XPB5* (+1): Space Oddity
09/11/11 - XPG5* (+5): Me Enamora, I Can See For Miles, 20th Century Boy, I Got You (I Feel Good), King George
08/31/11 - XPB5* (+5): In the Meantime, No One Knows, Me Enamora, Smoke on the Water, Before I Forget
08/29/11 - XPB5* (+7): Fly Like an Eagle, One Armed Scissor, 25 or 6 to 4, Crosstown Traffic, China Grove, Crazy Train, Combat Baby; Pardon Me PROMBFC
08/27/11 - XPB5* (+9): Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, I Got You (I Feel Good), Last Dance, Lasso, 20th Century Boy, In A Big Country, False Alarm, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Bohemian Rhapsody, Centerfold
08/26/11 - XPB5* (+8): Radar Love, The Con, Hey Man Nice Shot, This Bastard's Life, Rainbow in the Dark, The Power of Love, Oh My God, Walk of Life
08/22/11 - TMF (+143, COMPLETE)
07/17/11 - HPK5* (+3, COMPLETE): Free Bird, Llama, Roundabout
07/16/11 - TMF (+35); XPB5* (+13): Heart of Glass, Good Vibrations (Live), Portions for Foxes, Outer Space, Viva la Resistance, Foolin', Here I Go Again, I Can See for Miles, Humanoid, King George, Been Caught Stealing, Rehab, Break on Through (To the Other Side)
07/15/11 - TMF (+21); XPB5* (+10): Werewolves of London, Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead, The Killing Moon, Whip It, Low Rider, Oye Mi Amor, Walking on the Sun, Living in America, Cold as Ice, Something Bigger, Something Brighter; HPK5* (+2): I Got You (I Feel Good), Antibodies; ETA (+7): Portions for Foxes, Sister Christian, The Look, Walk of Life, China Grove, Centerfold, 25 or 6 to 4
06/25/11 - HPK5* (+7): In a Big Country, This Bastard's Life, The Look, Smoke on the Water, China Grove, Sister Christian, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
06/23/11 - HPK5* (+18): Radar Love, Humanoid, Get Up, Stand Up, Walk of Life, Walking on the Sun, Killing Loneliness, I Need to Know, Don't Stand So Close to Me, Here I Go Again, Low Rider, Me Enamora, Portions for Foxes, Dead End Friends, Break on Through (To the Other Side), Rehab, Something Bigger, Something Brighter, 20th Century Boy, Fly Like an Eagle
06/19/11 - HPG5* (+7, COMPLETE!): Radar Love, In a Big Country, Bohemian Rhapsody, Free Bird, Caught In a Mosh, 25 or 6 to 4, Roundabout
06/18/11 - TMF (+5); HPG5* (+21): Lasso, Portions For Foxes, Here I Go Again, Killing Loneliness, Plush, Misery Business, Humanoid, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Oye Mi Amor, Don't Stand So Close To Me, No One Knows, Jerry Was a Race Car Driver, Been Caught Stealing, In the Meantime, China Grove, Just Like Heaven, Crosstown Traffic, Dead End Friends, Crazy Train, Llama, Beast and the Harlot
06/05/11 - HPG5* (+13): 20th Century Boy, I Got You (I Feel Good), Me Enamora, I Can See For Miles, King George, Viva La Resistance, The Look, Walk of Life, One Armed Scissor, This Bastard's Life, The Killing Moon, Heart of Glass, Something Bigger, Something Brighter
06/02/11 - TMF (+60); ETA (+1): Yoshimi
05/22/11 - TMF (+28); HPK5*/XPK5* (+7): In the Meantime, Last Dance, Oye Mi Amor, The Killing Moon, Foolin', Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Bohemian Rhapsody (!!); RnRK (+1, COMPLETE): Bohemian Rhapsody (!!)
05/18/11 - HPG5*/XPG5* (+5): Fly Like an Eagle, Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, Sister Christian, Werewolves of London, I Need to Know

Last edited by Hitoshura on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 am; edited 181 times in total
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to put your impressive drum accomplishments as well! Great to see you make a thread buddy Good luck with with your fan thingy, that's A LOT of work to get so many lol

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5* Hard Pro Bass is a pretty good accomplishment. Way to go.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

xGaberadex: For sure, if I happen to do anything cool outside of the RB3 goal stuff, I'll put it here. Sometimes I need a break from grinding towards the on-disc goals, so I'll occasionally go for other stuff for fun. For instance, I've been going for the Jerry Pro Bass GS/FC on and off, so maybe that will happen sometime. I've hit everything in the song at various points; now it's just a matter of getting more consistent and hitting it all in one run.

blingdomepiece: I think Free Bird was the most annoying/difficult out of the whole setlist, at least on Hard. It reminded me of Antibodies on (5-lane) guitar, in that the basic pattern doesn't seem so bad. But just when you're feeling like you've got the hang of it, they throw weird variations at you, which inevitably break your combo. Doesn't help that the song is soooo long and repetitive (at least on bass), which makes playing it over and over that much more intolerable.

Also, an update... 5-starred 5 more songs on XPG:

- Fly Like an Eagle
- Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
- Sister Christian
- Werewolves of London
- I Need to Know

I've found that keeping combo during tricky chord shift sections can become much easier if you figure out ways to "cheat" the chord shape. I haven't quite figured out all the rules for what works and what doesn't, but it usually seems to let you fret one of the strings wrong and still give it to you. Maybe there are "base" notes in the chord that the game thinks are more important to hit than others?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- True Music Fan (+28)

- HPK5*/XPK5* (+7): In the Meantime, Last Dance, Oye Mi Amor, The Killing Moon, Foolin', Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Bohemian Rhapsody (!!)

- Rock 'N' Roll Keys (+1, COMPLETE!): Bohemian Rhapsody (!!)

Last edited by Hitoshura on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much progress on the Pro stuff, but chipping away at TMF to finish it off. I'll probably take a break from Expert for a bit and work on the Hard 5* goals for PG and PK. The triple awesomes will fall as soon as I can organize a harmonies session with a couple of friends. All that should put me at around 1.9 billion fans, leaving only the Expert Pro 5* ones.

- True Music Fan (+60)
- Every Triple Awesome (+1): Yoshimi
- Other: Paparazzi - XPK FC (Might be fun to go for some Vox/Pro Keys FCs on Gaga songs for fun. I'm sure I could do at least this one.)

Last edited by Hitoshura on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the later tiers especially, Hard Pro is a lot easier than Expert Pro.

- HPG5* (+13): 20th Century Boy, I Got You (I Feel Good), Me Enamora, I Can See For Miles, King George, Viva La Resistance, The Look, Walk of Life, One Armed Scissor, This Bastard's Life, The Killing Moon, Heart of Glass, Something Bigger, Something Brighter

Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Music Fan (+5)

Hard Pro Guitar 5* (+21): Lasso, Portions For Foxes, Here I Go Again, Killing Loneliness, Plush, Misery Business, Humanoid, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Oye Mi Amor, Don't Stand So Close To Me, No One Knows, Jerry Was A Race Car Driver, Been Caught Stealing, In the Meantime, China Grove, Just Like Heaven, Crosstown Traffic, Dead End Friends, Crazy Train, Llama, Beast and the Harlot

Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After like 5 tries, I finally 5-starred Roundabout right at the end of the last chord hold.

Hard Pro Guitar 5* (+7, COMPLETE!): Radar Love, In a Big Country, Bohemian Rhapsody, Free Bird, Caught In a Mosh, 25 or 6 to 4, Roundabout

Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Music Fan (+16)

Hard Pro Keys 5* (+18): Radar Love, Humanoid, Get Up, Stand Up, Walk of Life, Walking on the Sun, Killing Loneliness, I Need to Know, Don't Stand So Close to Me, Here I Go Again, Low Rider, Me Enamora, Portions for Foxes, Dead End Friends, Break on Through (To the Other Side), Rehab, Something Bigger, Something Brighter, 20th Century Boy, Fly Like an Eagle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the Hard charts for the last five PK songs are a lot more merciful than the Expert charts.

- Hard Pro Keys 5* (+7): In a Big Country, This Bastard's Life, The Look, Smoke on the Water, China Grove, Sister Christian, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- True Music Fan (+21)

- Expert Pro Bass 5* (+10): Werewolves of London, Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead, The Killing Moon, Whip It, Low Rider, Oye Mi Amor, Walking on the Sun, Living in America, Cold as Ice, Something Bigger, Something Brighter

- Hard Pro Keys 5* (+2): I Got You (I Feel Good), Antibodies

- Every Triple Awesome (+7): Portions for Foxes, Sister Christian, The Look, Walk of Life, China Grove, Centerfold, 25 or 6 to 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- True Music Fan (+35)

- Expert Pro Bass 5* (+13): Heart of Glass, Good Vibrations (Live), Portions for Foxes, Outer Space, Viva la Resistance, Foolin', Here I Go Again, I Can See for Miles, Humanoid, King George, Been Caught Stealing, Rehab, Break on Through (To the Other Side)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice man, extremely impressive keep it up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333: Thanks! I'm working on it!

One more update (it's been a productive weekend!):

- Hard Pro Keys 5* (+3, COMPLETE!): Free Bird, Llama, Roundabout

Llama and (especially) Roundabout took a lot of work in practice, but Hard difficulty is now done for good! Roundabout was the most technically difficult (harder on Hard than most songs on Expert), but Free Bird was the most tiring. Reminded me of SNAFF. Fast chord-heavy songs really tire my hands out -- probably because my technique isn't very good. I feel like someone who types on a (computer) keyboard with only their index fingers sometimes when I play keys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: