FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/5 DLC: System Of A Down, R.E.M., The Vapors, Buffalo Springfield!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they actually did have Soil, I would've done a video of vocals for sure. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
BathTub  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Turning Japanese is going to require a bit of practice on the Chorus, especially the Think so, think so, think so phrase. REM and BS are pretty straight forward, just missed the sneaky last phrase on For What it's Worth.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy god that Hypnotize guitar chart. Was any effort put into that?

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
diablocon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypnotize was the only song I didn't get this week. What's wrong with its guitar chart exactly? I checked a video and it seemed alright to me.

Anyway, this week was great fun on vocals, with easy keys charts to go around for everyone. How Man on the Moon is tier two Pro Keys is beyond me though.
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be getting some SOAD.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played guitar, these are my thoughts.

Hypnotize: Pretty easy and bland for the most part, but the slow trills are moderately fun and the song definitely picks up towards the end, with some fun alt strummy sections and varied hopo bits.

Arials: Fun if a little repetitive. The arpeggio sections were well-authored in my opinion and the chordy bits had fun changes and strumming patterns. Nothing incredibly memorably but enjoyable nonetheless.

Man on the Moon: Probably one of the most fun REM songs on guitar. Low tier, but full of slide guitar dicking-about, which means a lot of interesting patterns incorporating strumming, hopos, and hopochords. Nothing hard, but really fun.

For What It's Worth: Starts off incredibly dull, but just gets more fun as the song progresses. Another song that's never hard, but is really quite enjoyable to play. The only issue is that it has some of the most pointless and unnecessary strum lanes ever. Normally I approve of them, but I think these are just straight up 8th note triplets at a low tempo being covered by lanes. Nothing that ruined the song for me, but a little annoying.
Edit: Watching Elison's video without the noise of me playing along, I can tell that the strumming under those lanes is actually really shitty and inconsistent. I can see why they used them.

Turning Japanese: Chordy, but with enough licks interspersed to keep it interesting. I'll admit, I'd love the song regardless of the chart just because I'm a huge fan of the song itself, so maybe my opinion isn't the best to go off of here.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: 7/5 DLC: System Of A Down, R.E.M., The Vapors, Buffalo Sprin Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on July 5th, 2011:
  • For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield (X)

• Man On The Moon by R.E.M.

• Aerials by System Of A Down (X)

• Hypnotize by System Of A Down

• Turning Japanese by The Vapors (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 6)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Wake Up by Me Talk Pretty (160 MSP)

• It's Gonna Be A Long Night by Ween (160 MSP)

• Dharma Lady by Geronimo Jackson (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Morte et Dabo (2x Bass Pedal) by Asking Alexandria (160 MSP)

New RBN songs this week for PS3 which are currently available for scoretracking:

• My Star by Andromeda

• Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65

For full list of RBN songs available on PS3, see this thread.

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US YOU MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US YOU MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?!

Yea, what the British person said

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I only got the two SOAD songs this week, and I played each on guitar and Pro drums.

I personally like Hypnotize more, so I played that first. The guitar was decent, although I don't think the beginning should have been hammer-ons (I'm not really fussed though since I could just strum them if I care that much). Otherwise, most of it was almost too easy, and the only part I missed was the middle, tribal section. Speaking of, the drum part during that section is ridiculous, and it caused me to fail my first time. Yes, a four-dot song failed me. This is normally where I would criticize Harmonix for tiering it wrong, but I see where they're coming from on this one. The rest of the song is pretty much incredibly easy, save for maybe the outro with the double kicks if that kind of part isn't your strong suit, but that part is ridiculous. I think they did the right thing though (it's the last song with four-dots besides Me Enamora), since of course you can use OD.

I was expecting Aerials to be rather dull on both instruments (I got it because I like the song and SOAD in general), but it was surprisingly fun. I enjoyed the forced strums in the beginning, as they kept you on your toes a bit more. There's nothing "hard" in this song though. The drums were also alright, although they were pretty basic. The beginning of the song had the most variety, so I probably enjoyed that the most.

Overall: From a gameplay perspective, you probably could have guessed these wouldn't have been the most challenging SOAD songs, and you'd be right. I'd recommend these songs to people who enjoy SOAD and/or these songs, but not for anyone else. I can't see myself really coming back to the guitar parts (other than maybe for FC's), and the drum parts might get picked every once in awhile. On a positive note though, it is good to see ANY more SOAD, and Aerials would probably be a fun choice for Pro guitar.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "wrapping" on Hypnotize's intro is totally fucking awful. Pretty much indefensibly bad guitar charting. :\ And what was with the transition into the chords? LOL...

Other than the one drum part, this was a really awful choice for RB really.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: