FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Green Day: Rock Band - Drum Paths (BtL Update)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass260  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:
BowlZ wrote:
0-1-0 got me 400 under 1st on BtL. (GD engine) unless the squeezes in rb2 get more points AI is the better path

Hmm... well, 0-1-0 is definitely the better path but I think I messed up my math for the total score for the song.

0-0-0-0 should get you 132,675
0-1-0 should get you 133,075.

I'm still not sure how the 1st place score is 133,375 though. I can't find a better path than 0-1-0 for the life of me. Even 0-0-X-0 beats 0-0-0-0 by 75 points. But that's still 325 points behind 0-1-0.
Maybe they squeezed extra notes in?

Well cause I'm pretty sure I have 1st place on it with this score you're talking about, I used the original path and got that score. And I missed some squeezes for sure. I tried that new path and actually got a lower score. The original path got me 133,375, and that newer path got me 132,675. Using BNS in both paths. I thought it was weird that this new path got me less points.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Bass260 PSN Name: Bass260
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I really don't know what I was doing wrong with this song, but you're right that the natural path is better. It's fixed again in the OP.

EDIT: ProfessorJoe, thanks for pointing that out. I'll add a note about that in the OP but I don't know if I'll have the time to search for more of those scenarios. If you find more of those paths, please let me know.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
toopskittles  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:
If you find more of those paths, please let me know.
if you're playing on the green day engine the path for horseshoes and handgrenades is 0-2-0-0. i finally found those 300 points that a few people had lol

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toopskittles wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:
If you find more of those paths, please let me know.
if you're playing on the green day engine the path for horseshoes and handgrenades is 0-2-0-0. i finally found those 300 points that a few people had lol

Thanks! Even though that's not technically the type of path which is different depending on which engine you're using, it is the new optimal path for the song. It beats out the old one by 500 points. The OP has been updated.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very very VERY big bump, but i figure those playing on GD:RB should know this.

I did the math for See The Light, and the main reason the BNS path outscores the Standard path is because it has 4 more notes squeezed in through front squeezing.

Since GD:RB does NOT have front squeezing, the standard path should be used to get optimal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: